Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/4 Final UCL - 6/4/11

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 545
  • Views Views 36K
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least and did you see his Upper Cut celebration, I am tempted to say Bann him for 12 European Games and 15 league games, teaching kids violence.

without a doubt.

back on the game, as a United and i'd love to know how many United fans agree with me but in my opinion Carlo Ancelotti got the most important decision wrong tonight and that was to bring Drogba off who was having a decent game other than Torres. As a United fan I was pleased to see him coming off as we all know what he can do and Torres who isn't on fom remain on the pitch.

without a doubt.

back on the game, as a United and i'd love to know how many United fans agree with me but in my opinion Carlo Ancelotti got the most important decision wrong tonight and that was to bring Drogba off who was having a decent game other than Torres. As a United fan I was pleased to see him coming off as we all know what he can do and Torres who isn't on fom remain on the pitch.

I was escatic to see Drogba walk off... That and to see Essien go to right back.

Chelsea were very unlucky with the penalty but you can't help feeling its a bit of Karma. Think back to the last game were the ref bottled sending off Luiz and the game at Old Trafford last year when Drogba was about a yard offside for his goal.

Chelsea still have a great chance of going through though if they can get the first goal at old trafford

I agree stubbs. Seeing Drogba come off was a gift. He was one of Chelsea's better players. I really can't see why Ancelotti doesn't just sub Torres. Sure he cost £50million. But keeping him on the pitch when he clearly isn't playing well is costing Chelsea dearly. And since coming to Chelsea he has ruined the partnership of Drogba and Anelka who were brilliant together.

A fantastic result, played decent enough defensively and scored a superb goal.

As for the penalty appeal, it was a penalty, but with all Torres' theatrics I had a feeling the ref wouldn't give it.

But then, I guess for us United fans we can believe in Karma.

What the actual ****?

1302111749_0.jpg
Because he wanted to say wat he really felt..

Luck swings in roundabouts and Man U have been shafted for a few seasons now at Stamford Bridge. BOOM!

If Rooney gets banned for 2 games for swearing then why not ban Torres for diving???? Oh right, cause swearing is a bigger cancer than cheating...

When was the last time Essien had good game? Everytime i watch he looks so average and off the pace. Pre Injuury he was excellent, now haven't seen any good performance from him..

When was the last time Essien had good game? Everytime i watch he looks so average and off the pace. Pre Injuury he was excellent, now haven't seen any good performance from him..

been average for a while.

Rooney got to him tonight though, chasing him, whenever we didnt have the ball, 9 goals in his last 14, 10 assists in the league alone; and ill say it again: Rooney 10>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rooney 9

been average for a while.

Rooney got to him tonight though, chasing him, whenever we didnt have the ball, 9 goals in his last 14, 10 assists in the league alone; and ill say it again: Rooney 10>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rooney 9

I'm so glad that from last month or 2, we are seeing Rooney 10. Simply superb player there. Endless energy.

One very important aspect/attribute he posses which is very rare for a player is awareness of what is going on. I have kept very close eye on his movements on the pitch. When Evra surges forward and when we lose posession, first thing Rooney does is run and occupy the left back position. He just gives his all on the ground.

Even last night when Giggsy took poor corner, which he rolled the ball into the box, was intercepted and Chelsea were counter attacking. Rooney sprint whole length and covered that RB position. I have seen him occupying CM/DM positions too when we lost possession.

He is too good to be wasted as #9.

Eidt: I think Rooney has made 12-13 assists. If you look at the goal contribution he is very close to Tevez, that too when people said he is having mare of a season.

I'm so glad that from last month or 2, we are seeing Rooney 10. Simply superb player there. Endless energy.

One very important aspect/attribute he posses which is very rare for a player is awareness of what is going on. I have kept very close eye on his movements on the pitch. When Evra surges forward and when we lose posession, first thing Rooney does is run and occupy the left back position. He just gives his all on the ground.

Even last night when Giggsy took poor corner, which he rolled the ball into the box, was intercepted and Chelsea were counter attacking. Rooney sprint whole length and covered that RB position. I have seen him occupying CM/DM positions too when we lost possession.

He is too good to be wasted as #9.

Eidt: I think Rooney has made 12-13 assists. If you look at the goal contribution he is very close to Tevez, that too when people said he is having mare of a season.

41 games, 13 goals and 15 assists, thats despite his terrible first half of the season

Form is temporary, class is permanent, as was commentated on him during the West Ham game. CORRECT! I for one should hate the man, he has shipped so many goals past my humble Wigan, but I've always had faith in him, love watching him play.

He has been under par for a long while now and its somthing the fans have picked up on. Hopefully its in his head and not his body because if its somthing in his head then that can be fixed.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

I would like to add that i thought Torres had some really good chances last night and surely its only a matter of time. Although i wouldnt play Drogba and Torres together Torres did have 3 really good chances one that unluckily hit the post and another forced one of the best saves i have seen out of VDS.

I will also add Fergie for me will have one of his biggest tasks this summer in trying to replace VDS because he is still world class and arguably got you that result last night. Keepers like that are hard to come by so Fergie and his team have to get this right.

I will also add Fergie for me will have one of his biggest tasks this summer in trying to replace VDS because he is still world class and arguably got you that result last night. Keepers like that are hard to come by so Fergie and his team have to get this right.

VDS to stay on another year, Fergie is trying to persuade him to stay again... And how i help it happens.. If anyone can persuade Ed it is Sir Alex ferguson.

Didn't think Essien was that bad my self, did what he had to do. He'll be back. We had enough chances to win that game need to up our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back