Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/4 Final UCL - 6/4/11

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 545
  • Views Views 36K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a penalty, but sympathy to Patrice who wasn't attempting to bring Ramires down at all. He was going for the ball, Ramires got caught up behind Evra's leg. Torres is a diver fer sure.

I am pleased but I am scared. I really don't like a 1-0 win going into the second leg. Not saying it is easily overturned but Chelsea will play for their lives at Manchester.

Rio on Sky: "we had a good strong ref today".

IMO he was spot on bar the penalty incident and Essien and Ramires should have got booked.

Just got to hope Chelsea can imrpove at OT and it is not over we ba Utd 2-1 at Ot last time we played there so we can do it again come on Chels.

Rio on Sky: "we had a good strong ref today".

IMO he was spot on bar the penalty incident and Essien and Ramires should have got booked.

essien was booked eventually, though rio should have been booked for high foot

forget the ref, weren't there two assistants behind the goal?

One behind each goal if that's what you mean. Think I've only seen them overrule or encourage a decision once before, can't even remember what match it was. I think that where the ball ended up made the referee think Evra got the ball possibly.

One behind each goal if that's what you mean. Think I've only seen them overrule or encourage a decision once before, can't even remember what match it was. I think that where the ball ended up made the referee think Evra got the ball possibly.

can understand it from his view, but they had perfect views. we got lucky there, really did; guess it makes up for the previous ones at Stamford Bridge, but still.

First half was decent, second half was very, very scrappy.

As for the penalty, not an intentional foul, but a foul nevertheless, however I think that initial contact may have taken place outside the area.

United to go through after a 1-1 draw at OT.

essien was booked eventually, though rio should have been booked for high foot

Yes Rio deserved Yellow.

Essien and Ramires should have been booked early in the game but ref missed it. I'm not complaining though. Ref was good bar few incidents.

Looking at that pic it looks like a free kick. Defo foul though.

First of all lets get the peno and Torres situation out the way and for me it was a stonewaller. Zhirkov's last month was a soft pen but isent a soft pen still a pen?? Torres was a disgrace going down so easy and if he wants to keep the Chelsea fans on side then he will cut that out sooner rather than later.

Now on the game.

Im more angry with the performance than the result. So ******* sloppy it was unreal. One player stood out for me today and that was Ramires yet again. We created enough decent chances which leads me to think a 1-1 would have been fair but no way did Chelsea deserve to win the game today and that angers me more than anythink.

Saying that and obviously the result is not great but this is far from over. Chelsea have a sensational record at OT considering we have only been a top 4 side for 8 years. Chelsea need to score first thought simple as that, if they dont then its game over for me. Chelsea went to OT last season needing a win and put in a sensational performance and their is no reason why we cant do it again.

the assistants behind the goal, what do they do? how could they not see that? hopefully, we can improve at ot, but my heads telling me that's our season done.

First of all lets get the peno and Torres situation out the way and for me it was a stonewaller. Zhirkov's last month was a soft pen but isent a soft pen still a pen?? Torres was a disgrace going down so easy and if he wants to keep the Chelsea fans on side then he will cut that out sooner rather than later.

Now on the game.

Im more angry with the performance than the result. So ******* sloppy it was unreal. One player stood out for me today and that was Ramires yet again. We created enough decent chances which leads me to think a 1-1 would have been fair but no way did Chelsea deserve to win the game today and that angers me more than anythink.

Saying that and obviously the result is not great but this is far from over. Chelsea have a sensational record at OT considering we have only been a top 4 side for 8 years. Chelsea need to score first thought simple as that, if they dont then its game over for me. Chelsea went to OT last season needing a win and put in a sensational performance and their is no reason why we cant do it again.

Yeah I thought we were actually going to put in a good performance after a bright, high tempo start in the first 5 minutes, but unfortunately not. Think you were being slightly harsh with Torres in the first half it was more of a dive and the second one I thought wasn't a dive, definitely not a penalty though.

I have never seen a clearer penalty than the Ramires situation. Another United fan ref...
Really, you've never seen a clearer penalty?
First time i saw it it looked like he got the ball and from behind the incident the ref didn't really have a chance. This is why refs get so much stick, people bang on about decisions being easy when they've seen the incident from about 6 different angles in slow motion. It's not easy when you've got one chance.
It should have been a penalty and a red so we definitely got lucky on that front. We can't afford to lose another fullback.
Rio's a hero for sneaking "stay on your feet" into his interview.

You are talking about pen? Why ? Why not talk about our legit goal from Rooney (2nd). Javier wasn't offside. Ref had tough match, and I'm going to tell exactly the same thing i said when Chelsea won last game between us. Better team won. Deal with it.

First of all lets get the peno and Torres situation out the way and for me it was a stonewaller. Zhirkov's last month was a soft pen but isent a soft pen still a pen??

Zhirkovs last month was non existant. Never in a million years should that have been a penalty, absolutely horrific decision to give that, but then again it is martin atkinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back