Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/4 Final UCL - 6/4/11

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 545
  • Views Views 36K
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the pic there is contact and it is outside the box. #justsaying.

his leg is going around him but there isnt contact yet. its a pen and we got away with one

Zhirkovs last month was non existant. Never in a million years should that have been a penalty, absolutely horrific decision to give that, but then again it is martin atkinson.

Smalling stuck out a leg and Zhirkov hit it?? How is that not a pen?

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

You are talking about pen? Why ? Why not talk about our legit goal from Rooney (2nd). Javier wasn't offside. Ref had tough match, and I'm going to tell exactly the same thing i said when Chelsea won last game between us. Better team won. Deal with it.

How was Hernandez not offside??

It's not a non contact sport when it comes to the box.
The contact has got to warrant bringing him down. Zhirkov has tapped his foot against Smalling's leg, on purpose, and then fell over. Not a penalty for me but sometimes referees give them.

You are talking about pen? Why ? Why not talk about our legit goal from Rooney (2nd). Javier wasn't offside. Ref had tough match, and I'm going to tell exactly the same thing i said when Chelsea won last game between us. Better team won. Deal with it.

first half is over and we hold a slight advantage, still got a whole 90 minutes, maybe longer to play. i thought it was a brilliant, well disciplined performance by the lads tonight and we come away with a well deserved victory.

I'm really surprised Park Ji Sung hasn't had a mention yet, I thought he was sensational today. Carrick was brilliant, I haven't seen him play that well for so, so long. I really hope he has turned a corner and with his new contract, can start to play his natural game again. Valencia was a rock when he moved to right back, even with the defensively naive Nani in front of him. There seems to be a lot of talk about how poorly Chelsea played, but I think it was more down to how well we pressed them and forced the mistakes. It was a great United performance and sets us up perfectly for the 2nd leg.

Torres was unlucky on a couple of occasions today though, his goal will come soon. Stonewall penalty too, but I think it was a difficult one for the ref because the ball seemed to move in a direction to suggest that Evra won the ball.

Zhirkov knocked the ball past him and Smalling was beaten. If that was outside the box its a free-kick for obstruction.

So from your way of looking at it. We could play football, 1v1. I could pass the ball around you, and then run straight into you deliberately, and it'd be a fair penalty?

Because thats how it worked out with smalling/zhirkov

The Smalling Pen wouldn't have been given at the other end in United's favour and I doubt Chelsea would get it at Old Trafford.

Aside from that, even with that photo I posted, I still think the ref / assistant should have given the pen in real time against Evra. It's not until I see it frozen like that and from one replay angle the first contact looks outside.

United were due a decision at the Bridge, to be honest and got their luck.

Lol it was a clear offside :S

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

How was Hernandez not offside??

Simply, he was onside.

So from your way of looking at it. We could play football, 1v1. I could pass the ball around you, and then run straight into you deliberately, and it'd be a fair penalty?

Because thats how it worked out with smalling/zhirkov

Smalling was beaten and had his leg out, your just asking for it. Whether you think it was a pen or not tonights one was a stonewaller and was very harsh. No Evra for the 2nd leg and the possability of the scoreline being 1-1, that is huge.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Simply, he was onside.

Well he was behind the last defender when the ball was played to him. That means your offside.

What the actual ****?

1302111749_0.jpg

Really ? OK, sorry, didn't see it right then. Once again, sorry guys.
But dont ***** about ref. That's pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back