By the way its a common formation , not something new ,

Knap also released 2 versions of 3430 for FM17 , 1 WITH CONTROL (RAW SIENNA ) AND 1 WITH STANDARD MENTALITY (PARANOID)

No ois for me using counter at home and contain away as suggested in the tactics from other forums and working a treat playing with Liverpool first season played 22 won 17 drawn 4 lost 1 for 43 against 5

so counter with no oi's is better? I played 5 games with nottingham forest, third season and i won 4 out of 5, I only lost a game away at PSG 1-0 in Champions League(they beat me before at home 3-1). What about playing with control at home and counter away?

Those who asked me about my leeds save, I didn't use any OI's and I also used the counter mentality

My tac is same as Dimartino, I started using since he mentioned that it was the most stable one.

FOR EVERYONE INFO: MY tac is from MR.L one, and it is set as COUNTER!!!

I digged up from the original chinese site to see his suggestion of players, PPM, OI only

AND YES, I USE OI as recommended by the original Author. I don't know if its better with or without OI as I didnt test it but I am very happy with result with OI!!!!

Ok thanks to all you guys, and mainly to Octapous, for solving this mistery. Honestly I've been only using the one in the OP (got it from mr.L site), and have not tried this one. I will test it and report back.

For me it's the same. I'm using counter at home and contain away. Of course I do not know if it's better with or without OI..
but my Darmstadt 98 squad freaking likes that tactic ;) gonna start the third season soon :)

For me it's the same. I'm using counter at home and contain away. Of course I do not know if it's better with or without OI..
but my Darmstadt 98 squad freaking likes that tactic ;) gonna start the third season soon :)
are u using ois???and going contain away even if u play the last??

For me the counter-version with no OI's definitely works best.

Training:

Weeks with 1-2 easy games general training attacking, match prep attacking movement.

Weeks with 1-2 though games general training defending, match prep attacking movement.

Well, I plugged it in on my Aberdeen save after a defeat to Man United. I hate back three and strikerless formations, but cannot argue with the results. Including a 1-0 win against United at home.View attachment 96273

I know I've said before this is a good tactic but I decided to give it a go again and it's surprised me this time with it's solidity in defense and great attacking play.

Counter version: View attachment 96272

I'd play more but unfortunately the save got corrupted

No OI's used.

Last edited:
Hi Dimartino - first - nice job regarding the test ;)
is this test with OI, or without? - one other thing - is is possible to include "half chances" in your stats, primarily due that CCC and Half chances are not far apart.

No, to do that I would have to manually record the half chances every match. The analysis section on the tactics menu only shows you CCCs. I'm using instant result in the test.