Just noticed something but has yet to confirm. Playing Mata on the right flank as an advance playmaker(S) he has the "Comes deep to get the ball" PPM. I reckon it would be detrimental to this tactic as he will move back in line to the 2 CM and thus there's no support for Martial. Seeing as Depay with his low teamwork will most of the time do a Robben and selfishly shoot from outside the box.

Martial is as good as isolated upfront. Even if the 2CM(DLP(S) & AP(A) managed to pass upfield to Martial, Martial being isolated will just try to dribble with the ball with no other options to pass. Most of the time, i'm seeing him dribbling and being pressured by 2 or more defenders before losing the ball. ** Might get him to learn the "Run with ball often" PPM.

Whenever i gets the ball upfront, it seems somehow they crowd their box really fast. Thinking of using the same tactic but playing Mata as an Enganche after reading this thread; Meet The Enganche(s)

May try this in a Very Fluid and control philosophy with Normal Tempo

GK(D)
WB(atk) - DC(C) - BPD(D) - FB(S)
DLP(D)
B2B(S) - AP(atk)
EN(atk) IF(atk)
CF(S) or F9

Hopefully for the next version, Keith or CE might have some tips for PPM on each position.

I've inverted the tactic and have

Cech

Bellerin
Kos
Gabriel
Monreal

Coquelin
Ramsey
Wilshere

Ozil
Gotze

Alexis (the filters says his attributes are excellent for f9)

Should be fine.

feche, if its not too much. could you update us on how u r doing with Arsenal (i presume thats an arsenal team)

Really good tactic, i allready see some improvements in my Leeds-save. But away games are very tough for me, and i lose a lot of point, just seems like i have a lot of shot but very few on target, and then ending up losing anyway. Anyone have an idea what can be done to improve this? maybe a mentality change or something else? my home games are fine, but i really want to make my away games work too.

Tact was made for players with high technique, first touch and good decision making. so lower teams might struggle. doesnt mean it cant be use tho, well that show i feel. most teams even big teams have problem with away games. every away game is a nail biter for me whether its against a weak team, lost of form team or even the opposite. here are 2 things to tacke.

first which is mostly not would be the confidence of your players. if your team has been winning too much they might get big headed and end up too confident. hence they dont work at their best. remember to be firm at the pre talk match and half time talk.

2nd u can try go normal def line and shouts to get them to be more committed in the game. shouts are your friends here, u can also go retain possession to dial down the shots that they shouldnt have taken.

I struggled with scoring goals, bigtime

Depay is missing sitters, rooney is very inconsistant and so is martial.

I brought in Barbosa, Balanta and Romero.

I think maybe its the training/man managment stuff im getting wrong, have you guys seen any change from last FM in team/player managments?

Also, i played unthil mid november and the tactic was still not 100% fluid, why is that?? I usually use Team cohession/match tactic training on heavy duty then go balanced/assistant manage match training

ok runeaa let me try to help ya here. for the tact fluid problem. when u build YOUR profile before u start the game and made your favorite tact 4123 wide, then when u get into the game the tact will be usually accomplish in familiarity. if your favorite tact is another then its going to be lower hence more time is needed. im not sure if u leave the favorite tact blank it would help but thats what i notice. then play at least 6 to 10 friendlies to get the familiarity up. that should help. also do not have more that 3 totally different formation at once, that is a sure fire to dampen the speed of your players getting familiar to your tact. at most 2 but they shouldnt be a kind of light and dark opposite formation either (if you get my drift).

i started another game and yes my depay is not scoring and the last 2 games he was playing 5.9, 6.3 ... i sub him off. u could try have a talk to him about it. i just did but im not too sure it works.. tho i feel it should give him a boost.
Rooney if u play him as the F9 he usually doesnt carry the team like he use too during saf days. so dont expect much as long as his rating is good or average. but once a blue moon he does some magic and scores.
all and all martial and depay are pretty young, hence u will except them to be inconsistent. sub them out when they are doing bad believe me in the end they will come good and u will reap the rewards.
lastly nvr ever start your newly bought players as your first 11, always ease them into the game, change them in as subs. especially when they dont know the langauge. lots of new players will upset the balance of any squad using the best formation.

hope that helps bud

Last edited:
Just noticed something but has yet to confirm. Playing Mata on the right flank as an advance playmaker(S) he has the "Comes deep to get the ball" PPM. I reckon it would be detrimental to this tactic as he will move back in line to the 2 CM and thus there's no support for Martial. Seeing as Depay with his low teamwork will most of the time do a Robben and selfishly shoot from outside the box.

Martial is as good as isolated upfront. Even if the 2CM(DLP(S) & AP(A) managed to pass upfield to Martial, Martial being isolated will just try to dribble with the ball with no other options to pass. Most of the time, i'm seeing him dribbling and being pressured by 2 or more defenders before losing the ball. ** Might get him to learn the "Run with ball often" PPM.

Whenever i gets the ball upfront, it seems somehow they crowd their box really fast. Thinking of using the same tactic but playing Mata as an Enganche after reading this thread; Meet The Enganche(s)

May try this in a Very Fluid and control philosophy with Normal Tempo

GK(D)
WB(atk) - DC(C) - BPD(D) - FB(S)
DLP(D)
B2B(S) - AP(atk)
EN(atk) IF(atk)
CF(S) or F9

Hopefully for the next version, Keith or CE might have some tips for PPM on each position.

Fanks good eye. but if u notice mata tends to cut into the middle too besides coming deep to get the ball. thats why alot of them were on the short passing order. if u notice on the highlights mata will fill the in little gaps that will help the team to pass short quick and precise, with the option ofc for mata to hit it long when he sees the opening from depay rooney or your central AP.
even in RL mata tends to drift out right if he is played in the centre. and in the tact we wanna keep things nice and compact thats why mata cutting in and coming deep does not cause the problem. besides u have the central ap going forward.
in this tact, its not very often that depay gets isolated and unless they boot the ball up or its a quick long thru pass. the tact was made to overload the opponents half. and it was always made to give depay the license to dribble and take on players then shoot at goal.. thats his biggest advantage if u notice. ppm for each position is hard to say because i dont have the luxury to get the ppm i want on each player in different positions. so its a guessing game for me. maybe CE might be better. but do ask which position u wanna know and i will try my best to give u an opinion on it.

Fanks good eye. but if u notice mata tends to cut into the middle too besides coming deep to get the ball. thats why alot of them were on the short passing order. if u notice on the highlights mata will fill the in little gaps that will help the team to pass short quick and precise, with the option ofc for mata to hit it long when he sees the opening from depay rooney or your central AP.
even in RL mata tends to drift out right if he is played in the centre. and in the tact we wanna keep things nice and compact thats why mata cutting in and coming deep does not cause the problem. besides u have the central ap going forward.
in this tact, its not very often that depay gets isolated and unless they boot the ball up or its a quick long thru pass. the tact was made to overload the opponents half. and it was always made to give depay the license to dribble and take on players then shoot at goal.. thats his biggest advantage if u notice. ppm for each position is hard to say because i dont have the luxury to get the ppm i want on each player in different positions. so its a guessing game for me. maybe CE might be better. but do ask which position u wanna know and i will try my best to give u an opinion on it.

Thanks for the insight Keith. But i reckon it is precisely because the tactic is used to overload the opponent's half, most of the time if Depay gets the ball he will either try to shoot and most of the time blocked by the defence cause the AI to park the bus.

Quite a number of times when my LB wins the ball from my penalty box, i reckon because there is no available bodies near him to pass to, he will almost 70-80% of the times kick the ball upfield to either Depay or Martial and they will not win an aerial ball most of the time.(That was one of many times when i yell WTF!!:mad:) Tried a DLP(D) at the DM position and it works well sometimes. But i might play around with a Halfback to try it out. One time too many did i see my BPD kick the ball bypassing the DM(D) to the DLP(S) and instead the AI won the ball.
But then again i sold too much players and bought alot of young players like Stones, Mammana, Thiago Maia, Palombo, Dimarco,Ajer,Barbosa. It might have caused the erratic play from my team. Think i shall retrain Fellaini as a halfback and hopefully his aerial powress could protect the 2 CD while their jumping reach is quite low.
Theoretically with a HB and 2 x CD, the CD will push up above the HB. But if the 2 CD is set to cover, i reckon it shall form a 3 man defence.

Thanks for the insight Keith. But i reckon it is precisely because the tactic is used to overload the opponent's half, most of the time if Depay gets the ball he will either try to shoot and most of the time blocked by the defence cause the AI to park the bus.

Quite a number of times when my LB wins the ball from my penalty box, i reckon because there is no available bodies near him to pass to, he will almost 70-80% of the times kick the ball upfield to either Depay or Martial and they will not win an aerial ball most of the time.(That was one of many times when i yell WTF!!:mad:) Tried a DLP(D) at the DM position and it works well sometimes. But i might play around with a Halfback to try it out. One time too many did i see my BPD kick the ball bypassing the DM(D) to the DLP(S) and instead the AI won the ball.
But then again i sold too much players and bought alot of young players like Stones, Mammana, Thiago Maia, Palombo, Dimarco,Ajer,Barbosa. It might have caused the erratic play from my team. Think i shall retrain Fellaini as a halfback and hopefully his aerial powress could protect the 2 CD while their jumping reach is quite low.
Theoretically with a HB and 2 x CD, the CD will push up above the HB. But if the 2 CD is set to cover, i reckon it shall form a 3 man defence.

Hate replying on the phone but I like our discussion too much Fanks lol. The reason I do not deploy a bp def is precisely that. I don't want him to by pass mid in his passing except during frantic clearance. In build up I want it to the dmc or mc. Or even at times to Mata. Because Mata usually will be there to do the collection by virtue of his ppm.
Lb so far is fine with me. They will only clear usually when it's under pressure to Depay or the f9. If it's a nice slow build up they have dmc the dlp and Mata too at times to make the one 2 pass and bring the ball out. Seen that many times.
I was toying with the dmc being the dlp but I rather him as a flat dmc nothing fancy. Get the out, hold it when u need to, be the outlet for 1 2 passes and protect your def. That's his main function.
But yeah too many new players will take a longer time for most tact to settle down and be more consistent
But in saying so I like your thinking. Pls do keep us updated on your changes and how it goes

Hate replying on the phone but I like our discussion too much Fanks lol. The reason I do not deploy a bp def is precisely that. I don't want him to by pass mid in his passing except during frantic clearance. In build up I want it to the dmc or mc. Or even at times to Mata. Because Mata usually will be there to do the collection by virtue of his ppm.
Lb so far is fine with me. They will only clear usually when it's under pressure to Depay or the f9. If it's a nice slow build up they have dmc the dlp and Mata too at times to make the one 2 pass and bring the ball out. Seen that many times.
I was toying with the dmc being the dlp but I rather him as a flat dmc nothing fancy. Get the out, hold it when u need to, be the outlet for 1 2 passes and protect your def. That's his main function.
But yeah too many new players will take a longer time for most tact to settle down and be more consistent
But in saying so I like your thinking. Pls do keep us updated on your changes and how it goes

:$ sorry about that mate. Really bored in the office and for the whole day i'm just thinking about FM to make it works. Oughta install FM in the office computer.(6)

I am applying this tactic to AC Milan.. will report to here after half season.
wish me luck ;)

:$ sorry about that mate. Really bored in the office and for the whole day i'm just thinking about FM to make it works. Oughta install FM in the office computer.(6)

no problem fanks, i know how it feels when FM is playing on your mind all the time and u just got to get that particular problem corrected... but careful about installing fm in the office computer ... BOSS AGGRO!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help, already sees some improvements in my away games.

Still got 1 problem, when im ahead i just can't hold it to the final wistle, any ideas how i can do this?

Thanks for the help, already sees some improvements in my away games.

Still got 1 problem, when im ahead i just can't hold it to the final wistle, any ideas how i can do this?

holdet, i have the same problem... usually when the team scores a goal i would straight away get a shout out to remind them the game has not ended. its doesnt always work but it does seem to me, it does have some effect on them to be more aware that they shouldnt take the foot off the gas.

hope it helps there

I think i already do that, but was thinking about making a more defensively-minded tactic with counter mentality to switch to, when try to hold the lead.

I think i already do that, but was thinking about making a more defensively-minded tactic with counter mentality to switch to, when try to hold the lead.
Go standard mentality, change the dlp from support to defend or/and normal def line. Actually I do have a so call "defensive " tact.

Last edited:
no problem fanks, i know how it feels when FM is playing on your mind all the time and u just got to get that particular problem corrected... but careful about installing fm in the office computer ... BOSS AGGRO!!!!!!!!
... Obtain it via unconventional means........... USB stick...... disable network adapter while playing/disconnect ethernet cable to prevent monitoring software........ sit back enjoy?