Be it 4141 V3 or V4, the two strikers scored fewer goals than my tactics. But here is the 4141 V4 a tactic that inspires me. So far successfully tested with large and small teams. I'll continue with Benfica as it continues with the 4141 V4.
I also briefly tested the 442 V4. I find it very vulnerable to counterattack. Even the 4231 could not convince me. Something changed then it ran. But no comparison to the very cool 4141.

maybe i should give it a try BUT just look at my screen shots. My stickers and cm get plenty of goals so maybe ill just stick. i just cant see why im the only one getting banging results. Ive just started a save with wolves, 2nd in table just 1 loss and plenty of goals using 442v4

Just my little input: I find that pushing the deep-lying playmaker up in midfield, as a box-to-box midfielder, usually brings more goals, at least against teams you know you are better than. I don't play a pure Clash tactic, though, but "my" tactics are based on Clash and TFF. My 4-5-1 tactic generally brings the most goals, so you could try pushing the DLP up. My 4-2-3-1DM is the most defensively stable, and the 4-1-4-1 is something in between. I sometimes go for 4-4-2 if I am at home.

I think it's important to change tactics sometimes, to make the game keep guessing, and maybe it makes it harder for the game to copy your tactics.

Last edited:
maybe i should give it a try BUT just look at my screen shots. My stickers and cm get plenty of goals so maybe ill just stick. i just cant see why im the only one getting banging results. Ive just started a save with wolves, 2nd in table just 1 loss and plenty of goals using 442v4

how open is the centremid with 2 Mz-A in there?

how open is the centremid with 2 Mz-A in there?
IWBs covering midfield.

Spot on! I find the IWB play more in CM than they do in defence. I thought about retraining CM's to play there!

Just won the league and FA cup in first season with Wolves. Belotti scoring 36 in 38 games.

Just taken the Liverpool job (Klopp finishing 7th) Hard choice as a United season ticket holder!

I have SS or you can have my save file if you want to explore more.

I'll give it a go in my Rangers save, got Barasic on the left, and Jon-Jo Kenny on loan on the right, should be fine.

I'll give it a go in my Rangers save, got Barasic on the left, and Jon-Jo Kenny on loan on the right, should be fine.

Just a few selected from the Wolves season.

View attachment 12383View attachment 12382View attachment 12381View attachment 12380

View attachment 12379

I honestly do nothing special. I train CD to BPD-Defend, IWB-Attack, Inverted Winger-Attack for the wingers, DLP-Defend for the center midfield, Complete Forward-Attack for those upfront. This i got from TFF. When asked, he didn't think positional training was important just these specific role trained the best stats.

A jak ty je robisz?
GK - SW (S)
CD - BPD
RB - IWB (a)
LB - IWB (a)
MC - DLP (D)
ML - IW (a)
MR - IW (a)
ST - CF (a)
?

what do you use for trianing can you post screen shots + what sort strikers you use

View attachment 12378

Honestly folks, i just use this TFF template. My *** man (giggerty) handles general training and i do the personal stuff. I also like to add ppms to suit the formation, place shots, runs with ball ect... I know it looks strange using Inverted wingers and DLP when the formation doesn't use them BUT TFF doesn't think it matters much. My players play fantastic and with these set role, learn the important stats.

Last edited:
View attachment 1204134

Honestly folks, i just use this TFF template. My *** man (giggerty) handles general trading and i do the personal stuff. I also like to add ppms to suit the formation, place shots, runs with ball ect... I know it looks strange using Inverted wingers and DLP when the formation doesn't use them BUT TFF doesn't think it matters much. My players play fantastic and with these set role, learn the important stats.

cheers buddy

It's sad that the best tactics this year rely on easy goals from the throw-in marking exploit, I'm using TFF and the CM's dont do anything usually end up with around 6.4 rating every match yet we never lose. I guess its better than the spastic 3 shadow striker tactics from FM17.

Yea ttf is all about strikers, strikers assist to eachother all the time.

Yes I am in 2031, but I failed to survive with Köln the champions league group (AC Milan, Manchester United, Donezk), so I had to play in the euro league. I started to use 4141 v4, only changes I made: Both CBs to BPD and MCr shooting less often.

Euro league is a walk in the park right now.

View attachment 12341

Added folder that contains all my tactics that are at least decent from my testing going forward.
I will clean up first thread with list of formations when I have time.