The 4-1-4-1 is brilliant. However my striker rarely scores and is currently on an 8 match dry spell. Any suggestions to get my striker to score more?
get assistant with good motivation and let him do team talk

amnd yet you've only scored more than 5 in a game 4 times in that screenshot season
6 goals with that team is nothing, you should score 15 goals every game

Whats with the hate FFS because i dont play 4141. As for my team, shall i build a worse team? Your City team is strong no?

As for scoring 5 or more, well.............

season 1 - 12 times
season 2 - 15 times
season 3 - 8 times from around 20 games.

Would you like all the screenshots? I honestly dont see why you are ******* your pants though. I said i score more often....not every game I also only said i prefer the 442, main reason is the 2 strikers scoring. Why does it have to be a contest? I would understand if i was screaming use the 442, use the 442, the fact is, that was your feedback to me. I was simply sharing my experience, one of the purposes of this great website no?

Oh and what screenshot have i only scored 5 in 4 bud...ive looked back and the only clip of a season is where ive scored 5 or more 6 times in 12 games, not too shoddy!

Last edited:
Whats with the hate FFS because i dont play 4141. As for my team, shall i build a worse team? Your City team is strong no?

As for scoring 5 or more, well.............

season 1 - 12 times
season 2 - 15 times
season 3 - 8 times from around 20 games.

Would you like all the screenshots? I honestly dont see why you are ******* your pants though. I said i score more often....not every game I also only said i prefer the 442, main reason is the 2 strikers scoring. Why does it have to be a contest? I would understand if i was screaming use the 442, use the 442, the fact is, that was your feedback to me. I was simply sharing my experience, one of the purposes of this great website no?

Oh and what screenshot have i only scored 5 in 4 bud...ive looked back and the only clip of a season is where ive scored 5 or more 6 times in 12 games, not too shoddy!

I was talking/quoted him, he says u should get 15 a game, but hes only scored over 5 in 4 with his Milan save... so no idea why he thinks 15? lol

I was talking/quoted him, he says u should get 15 a game, but hes only scored over 5 in 4 with his Milan save... so no idea why he thinks 15? lol

Oh sorry bud. I was on the defensive lol. I just dont see why he was so ****** off. I enjoy a tactic and you guys like another. We all love the game :D

Oh sorry bud. I was on the defensive lol. I just dont see why he was so ****** off. I enjoy a tactic and you guys like another. We all love the game :D

its happens, gonna give the 442 a go in this coming season with Rangers

I tried 4-4-2 and its much worse than 4-1-4-1, all argument started when you said that 4-1-4-1 cant cope with 4-4-2 and it can.

Hey man, like i said, the 4141 works well for you but you can't just say its better than the 442. The 442 for me is immense, stupidly good. The 4141 wasn't bad i just scored more with 2 upfront.

View attachment 13010

This just happened. Completely changed my front 6 and still walked it. You are right when you say i have a strong team but 1. Im a United fan and enjoy playing with them 2. after a few seasons in, most teams should become very strong. This being said, i look at the type of football i play as winning becomes 'easy'. Football Managers biggest task is to make the AI more competitive no matter how strong we get.

I also play with much weaker teams in other saves, like you wkd but im enjoying this save and developing the regens atm.

I will start a test with another team i like to manage, Chesterfield, and see how i get on.

442 against weak teams, 4141 against big or only 4141

[QUOTE = filke; 3204481] 442 gegen schwache Mannschaften, 4141 gegen große oder nur 4141 [/ QUOTE]

I play alone 4-1-4-1 V3 and win and win and win

My Team FC Bayern

View attachment 12930

Last edited:
[QUOTE = filke; 3204551] Versuchen Sie V4, es ist besser als V3, das ich versucht habe. [/ QUOTE]

My attempt with V4 was not satisfactory. I'm trying to develop another variant.

Used 4141 v4 in second season with Everton, ridiculously good. Lookman has turned into some raged beast and the two Mez are so good. My only concern is the striker not scoring many (Jovic has 7 league goals by Jan) but can't complain as others are chipping in with goals!

- I went on holiday for Nov/Dec to test with Assistant Manager and nothing changed

View attachment 12865View attachment 12864