Coalition launches Libya attacks

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 406
  • Views Views 21K
Good point. Still, makes me wary. Russia forming a new alliance with Belarus, Georgia etc to "contain NATO" last week, gaining a potential foothold in Libya which has oil traderoutes, rising anti-NATO feeling running rife, their armed forces (air force especially) sabre rattling at times...feels like things are slowly starting to revert back to how things were.

US wouldnt let them have it all their own way. too early to say what's gonna happen though

Good point. Still, makes me wary. Russia forming a new alliance with Belarus, Georgia etc to "contain NATO" last week, gaining a potential foothold in Libya which has oil traderoutes, rising anti-NATO feeling running rife, their armed forces (air force especially) sabre rattling at times...feels like things are slowly starting to revert back to how things were.

Whilst I can't really give an opinion on how things were (I'll leave that to old timers who actually were alive when it was) I sincerely doubt Russia could do that much in the way of serious action. They can thump their chests all they want, they would maniacs to try anything. NATO is the strongest military organisation in the world, bar none, and Russia still has the hangover from the Cold War of just about everything being outdated.

Whilst I can't really give an opinion on how things were (I'll leave that to old timers who actually were alive when it was) I sincerely doubt Russia could do that much in the way of serious action. They can thump their chests all they want, they would maniacs to try anything. NATO is the strongest military organisation in the world, bar none, and Russia still has the hangover from the Cold War of just about everything being outdated.

I'm not old :@ lol. I don't doubt Russia wouldn't start anything. But if Putin ever took control, things won't be as pleasant. NATO is strongest that is true-but they have a habit of self imploding more easily than Arsenals players did last season.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Reuturs reporting resistance in Gadaffi compound has ceased, and there are numerous explosions-rebel fighters firing into air in celebration. reinforcements for rebels currently on way.

United States montitoring Libya's chemical weapons sites intently in case of a scorched earth type policy which may be launched.

Last edited:
Why does this say "civil war" all over it? Gaddafi goes, is hung by the balls by SEALs/SAS, and then what?

Sorry, but I can see an Iraq-type situation here.

Why does this say "civil war" all over it? Gaddafi goes, is hung by the balls by SEALs/SAS, and then what?

Sorry, but I can see an Iraq-type situation here.

Which is why NATO isn't sending troops. Especially with the US economy in a train wreck of a state

They're handing it over to Russia instead.

On second thought, let's send someone there...

I know a couple of guys from 10th MTN who want to 'kill some Gaddafi scum' and 'hang Gaddafi by the nuts.' Motivated bunch, excellent non-coms and officers. Shame they don't get Mountain training anymore. Let's send them. :)

Last edited:
s_r14_RTR2NMIR.jpg

Even Messi's been getting involved.

Some photos of rebels in here DIY Weapons of the Libyan Rebels - Alan Taylor - In Focus - The Atlantic

They're pretty creative.

Take a look at #25. that weapon is a FN F2000, Libya only bought those 3 years ago. Very high quality weapon

Sure some of those rocket pods are taken from Hind A attack gunships. Look similar. Makes you think. NATO nations are going bankrupt making weaponary, and the Rebels are doing it from reusing expended equipment, or improvosiation. Green warfare ftw. Makes you think how flawed as well most recent weapons shipments from Russia really are.

Last edited:
Sure some of those rocket pods are taken from Hind A attack gunships. Look similar. Makes you think. NATO nations are going bankrupt making weaponary, and the Rebels are doing it from reusing expended equipment, or improvosiation. Green warfare ftw. Makes you think how flawed as well most recent weapons shipments from Russia really are.

Those pods are from Hinds and other various attack aircraft. The Russian shipments will contain more of those rockets, as well as parts so they dont have to cannabalize other vehicles for parts

After WWII there economy went through a major boom...
The only country whose economy didn't really was Britain. Germany's economy was better than Britain's at the end.

Wow. That compound is totalled. Unsurprisingly, Gadaffi has buggered off somewhere. Looks like he's going through one of the tunnel networks

Back