I am having problems with this tactic and i'm wondering what im doing wrong. I have carried out all instructions on the complete dominance tactics, aswell as downloading it, and i feel i have more than capable team however i am conceding many goals and losing alot. i use all the shouts etc.
All i can think of is that its either mt team talks or that i send my assistant to interviews :S

Attached is my squad and first team, my league position and recent results. there really not that good. As you can see by the reults there is no clean sheets on the last 10 games or so.

I tweaked the mentality of my defenders in my game - take their mentality down to defensive or very defensive. Seemed to work for me. Also use easy tackling... it stops your defenders getting skinned or giving dangerous free kicks

ok thanks, ill try it. I do seem to give away alot of penalties and free kicks.

I tweaked the mentality of my defenders in my game - take their mentality down to defensive or very defensive. Seemed to work for me. Also use easy tackling... it stops your defenders getting skinned or giving dangerous free kicks

That's what I did to. I put my defenders one tick into defensive mentality and stopped conceding 2-3 goals per game. This season I have conceded 18 goals in 30 League games while scoring 70. When the season is finished I will show a full report of how it went, which players I bought and so on.

Ok here is my 1st season report with the complete dominance tactic.

I started a game with a slightly modified version of the original databse. With no glazers @ Manchester United and CR and Piqué still playing for United. I just like dreaming of a good world and having to endure the scum that the Glazers are in Real Life is enough for me so NO GLAZERS database is what I play.

At the beginning of the season I bought 4 players to strengthen the weak spots of my team.

- I got Becks for 1.6 mio. from L.A.
- Srna for 21.5 mio. € from Donetsk.
- Toulalan for 20.5 mio. € from Lyon.
- and Dzeko for 25 mio. € from Wolfsburg.

During the January transfer window I sold Carrick, Kuszczak and got Brown, De Laet, Nani and Gibson out on a loan deal. because they weren't getting any playtime at my team. I also invested whooping 58 mio. € at De Rossi.

I ended up with winning the season with a 13 margin to Chelsea and with scoring 104 goals while conceding only 26 in 38 games. I won 33 of 38 games, 3 draws and two losses. My best Players where Cristiano Ronaldo (how played excellent as an attacking midfielder) scoring 43 goals ind 53 games and also contributing to 25 more goals via assists. Followed by Dzeko who scored 40 goals in 49 games while giving 18 assists. My third best offensive player was Rooney ho due to injury could only play 35 games but still managed to score 27 goals and giving 21 assists. Noteable was probably also Jonny Evans performance who played 32 games and managed to get 9 goals.

Now to the very hurtful part. Pool has been a absolute pain in my *** this season no matter what I did they always came out on top. They won the Carling Cup finale through penalties. They eliminated me during the FA Cup semi final also through penalties and won the Champions League. Losing every competition besides the league to the Scoucers is probably a worst case scenario and I hope to never witness this again.

The tactic is defiantly awesome and the football you get to sse while playing it is very nice. But I think 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 formations are a bit of a problem for this tactic. I will see what counter-masseurs can be taken against those teams and I would love to hear from you how you play against teams that are playing those formations?

Everyone else are winning there leagues whilst im not, and im getting slightly jealous:(

Ha. It'll come eventually with this tactic just remember the key attributes for each position that is given in the opening post

Everyone else are winning there leagues whilst im not, and im getting slightly jealous:(

Well you also need the players to win it. If your players aren't good enough there is just no way you will win the league just through a good tactic. Well maybe this happens sometimes but it's very rare.

On another topic I think I could tweak the the tactic even a bit more for my needs and I probably have found a solution to the problems I had with 5 players in midfield. You need to set your Fullbacks into Wingback positions to strengthen your midfield. In my first game against a 4-2-3-1 I managed to put instant pressure on the Wingers and avoid being overrun by them.

Edit: this really seams to work well I just trashed Liverpool in the community shield 4:0. Before I forget I also changed the central midfielders to Box to Box midfielder but didn't change any sliders.

Last edited:
this tactic is not so good as u say.
Im playing now with Feynord and in four game my score is 2 2 0.
And those two victories wore 1:0 both!!!

Be sure to follow the team instructions in the opening thread especially the opposition instructions and the key player attributes. Hopefully your results will improve soon

Well strange that it works for so many other players. Maybe the tactic isn't the problem but the manager?

lol im such a tard i was using this with at madrid and it worked perfectly and then i left at madrid and signed for EXTREMELY underachieving Roma and started using this as well and it was giving me about 30% possession against newly promoted clubs before i realized i hadn't downloaded the 10.2 version so i was using the 10.1

im a bit new to all this

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

^^^ as u can see my rank is AMATEUR because iv just realized i was using the 10.2 version all the time

that means i really am doing ****

atm im beating livorno 5-2 which is good considering recent results

lol im such a tard i was using this with at madrid and it worked perfectly and then i left at madrid and signed for EXTREMELY underachieving Roma and started using this as well and it was giving me about 30% possession against newly promoted clubs before i realized i hadn't downloaded the 10.2 version so i was using the 10.1

im a bit new to all this

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

^^^ as u can see my rank is AMATEUR because iv just realized i was using the 10.2 version all the time

that means i really am doing ****

atm im beating livorno 5-2 which is good considering recent results

Try lowering the mentality of your defenders and putting tackling to easy. It has helped me tighten up the defence. Also try Flohrinho's instructions in post168

i just started playing this football manager game havnt played it for like 4 years. it is still as addictive as ever. im playing with aberdeen. i did well finished third in the league and won the league cup using this formation. the thing i find annoying is i seem to miss sitters all the time. my team will have 8 clear cut chances to the other teams 2 and i draw 2-2. i find if i take the lead i can never really hold it comfortably. i also seem to get dominated in possession.can anyone help?

where do i find the training schedules to download?

and is there a shortlist to download which is for bargain buys? for teams with hardly any money.

tips to get my strikers scoring be great to.

cheers guys

i just started playing this football manager game havnt played it for like 4 years. it is still as addictive as ever. im playing with aberdeen. i did well finished third in the league and won the league cup using this formation. the thing i find annoying is i seem to miss sitters all the time. my team will have 8 clear cut chances to the other teams 2 and i draw 2-2. i find if i take the lead i can never really hold it comfortably. i also seem to get dominated in possession.can anyone help?

where do i find the training schedules to download?

and is there a shortlist to download which is for bargain buys? for teams with hardly any money.

tips to get my strikers scoring be great to.

cheers guys

I usually switch the mentality from Overload to Control ones I'm 2 goals up which happens most of the time during the first 30 minutes of a game. Missing many chances is a thing that I noticed to but I also do score a lot. I is also a question of the quality of your strikers and OMs. Try to get players with good finishing, off the ball and composure into those postions of your time while the rest should all have good stamina, work rate and teamwork skills because they have to work a lot for the team.

Do you use the shouts like described in the opening post? They should make your game more secure and get you more possession. You can also lower the mentality of your defenders from normal to defensive.

I have been useing the 41212 tac
And love it hardly loss games given me new life in this game havent stopped playing it tbh
Having not played this game b4 2009 so cant make my own tactics
Would like to ask a question.
I have a few wingers and would like some wide play is there a simple way to play 442 V the simpler teams so i give them a run out as thay hardly get a game and get hacked off
Was thinking of maybe moveing them around to make 442 and not changing much Would that work ?

I have been useing the 41212 tac
And love it hardly loss games given me new life in this game havent stopped playing it tbh
Having not played this game b4 2009 so cant make my own tactics
Would like to ask a question.
I have a few wingers and would like some wide play is there a simple way to play 442 V the simpler teams so i give them a run out as thay hardly get a game and get hacked off
Was thinking of maybe moveing them around to make 442 and not changing much Would that work ?

Unfortunatly not. The diamond formation relies on a total different approach then a 4-4-2 which is much more relaynt on it's wingers/wide midfielders to carry the ball down the falnks, whiel the 4-1-2-1-2 is mainly played throught the middle with short and easy passes. So you would have to change a lot.

On the other hand I don't understand why you want to change your formation against weaker teams? The Complete Dominance tactic is actually perfect to hammer weaker teams.

new updated version on opening post Updated instructions on January 13th:
i've made some changes to the tactic.

1. I changed the fullbacks closing down.
2. I changed centerback's closing down. (The two of them now have different closing down)
3. I changed the two central midfielders' AND the three Strikers' passing to "direct". (The first notch of direct).
4. You should now use new OI's: Close down always on: ML MR AMR AML. Tight Marking always on: ST (and AMC's)