Cook Islands - Up With The Best

Next on our fixture list was a home fixture against an intimidating Seychelles side. This was my first home game in charge and i was quite nervous as to how the fans would react to me, if their where any there that is. Sarah was coming which i thought was great, she had supported me throughout my incredible journey so far. I had told the players too meet up at my hotel, where a luxury boogie bus would be waiting. I wanted the players to relax before the match, as the previous night the lads seemed to be ******** themselves. I didn't want to fear the opposition, i wanted to be feared by them.

View attachment 224240

"Right lads, we can beat this team today, they're scared of you. They didn't even want to turn up today, we go out there and we rough them up. They won't know whats hit them. The surface isn't too great, which is to our advantage, keep the ball and make them work hard, chase down every ball. Right through ever tackle, We can do this boys COMEON !!!"

8.6.2011 v Seychelles
View attachment 224243
View attachment 224242

4 IN A ROW FOR HEWITT'S COOKS AFTER VINTAGE DISPLAY AGAINST CLASS OPPOSITION

The cook islands have picked up yet another famous victory under the leadership on Scot Peter Hewitt, he has led the islands national team to 4 straight wins. Keeping His record at 100%. The Cook Islands places 40 places below their opposition, put on a memorable display for the 999 attendees. The match was also Hewitt's first home game, and the crowd reacted well when he was introduced before the match. The Cook Islands attacked from the star and star player Tikalla put them on their way to a 3-0 win with a nicely timed leap and headed the ball home on 14 minutes. Seychelles then started to attack with a bit more meaning hitting the bar on two occasions in the first half. The game then dragged on a little, then a moment of inspiration from Teariki Piri, doubled the cook's lead. Then moments later a swift counter attack after a Seychelles corner saw Michael Varney place the ball into the net after going round the keeper in spectacular style.

the facilities that Hewitt needs to work with. NO WONDER HE NEARLY QUIT
View attachment 224244

Managers Say

A supreme performance from the lads, the best one yet by far. We were dominant from the first whistle. Tikalla was amazing today, his best performance by a mile. The fans were pretty good today, although there weren't many of the but they were pretty lo
ud. I hope this victory sees an improvement in the world rankings, we deserve to be higher the 196th, but thats football for you....

View attachment 224263
PACIFIC GAMES FIXTURES ANNOUNCED

Group A
American Samoa
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Vanuatu

Group B

Fiji
Kiribati
New Caledonia
Tonga

Group C

Cook Islands
Papua New Guinea
Tahiti
Wallis & f
utana

View attachment 224275

MANAGERS SAY

I had never heard of this tournament before the chief exec of the FA informed me of the draw, this competition is definitely winnable. The other teams are as bad as us, and some are worse. The island has never won any trophy at any age group. I think it's about time that changed. O
ur next fixture is a home friendly against St Kitts & Nevis. Hopefully another win under my management. We are looking unbeatable at the moment ...

Last edited:
really enjoying you're story...keep up the good work

This task was almost impossible, despite it only being Saint Kitts & Nevis. It shows how bad we actually are. I am not looking forward to this game at all. I am nervous for the first time in my short career. Even a draw would be a bonus, i just want to keep the scoreline down today, I hate being negative when it comes to football, but on this occasion i had no choice.

Ok lads, today is a friendly i really don't care about the result today (I was lying) I want you to go out there and enjoy yourselves without any pressure. Play with the heart, we are fighting for our country. For a cause (as the great Tommy Burns would say) Play the ball along the deck, and try and get a few goals. If they score, don't let the heads drop, but if we score. Lets keep attacking for more, we can do this lads. Good Luck !

10.8.11 v St kitts & Nevis
View attachment 224319

View attachment 224320
Heroic Display Sees Hewitt STILL UNDEFEATED

Another heroic performance from Peter Hewitt's Cook Island against a very intimidating St Kitts & Nevis side has continued his unbeaten streak in charge, His side are yet to be beaten and a team 55 places above the Cook Island failed to beat them after a solid defensive display. The Scot's side never really got going but some fantastic defending and acrobatic goalkeeping see's his impressive record remain intact. His managerial abilities are already attracting some British clubs and also abroad. The likes of Terek and Annan Athletic are looking to Hewitt when their current manager's contracts end.

MANAGERS SAY

Yesterday after the game a man approached me and we started talking, he was a complete stranger. Turns o
ut he was a member of the board at Terek Grozny in Russia, i had read in the papers that they were interested in hiring me during their pre-season in December when current boss Stanislav Cherchesov's deal runs out. I am not in the slighted bit interested. I am 100% commited to the Cook Islands. I doubt my wife would be very happy if we had to move to Russia. As for the performance, i am delighted with the way the lads handled the game, it was also a decent result considering our opposition where strong favourites.

What are you hoping to achieve with them? A World Cup Finals would be outstanding! How many players are there for you to choose from?

ps would u take a big job if it came up?

Last edited:
What are you hoping to achieve with them? A World Cup Finals would be outstanding! How many players are there for you to choose from?

ps would u take a big job if it came up?

pretty much yes thats my goal. yes i made a cook island league mate. And no, sticking to the cooks (the virtual wife loves it)

just liked to say i'm liking this story so far! wanna see how far someone can take the tiny Cook Islands!

by the way...just a little constructive. don't use yellow as a font colour when you write these up, it's quite hard to read it without highlighting it.

amazing job other than that mate, keep up the good work!

glad yer enjoying it mate, i'll definitely take yer advice on that one. thanks alot mate.

and @ CCFCFAN - We are 195th atm. Was 201 at start

I had arranged two friendlies before my first competitive tournament as manager here in The Cook Islands. I believed we could win both matches which where against Tonga and New Caledonia. I also sincerely believed we could win the Pacific Games, after all all the opposition where ***** !

Guys go out their and enjoy yourself tonight, entertain the fans. Put a show on for them, they deserve it. Attack from the off, get in their faces. Get the keeper tested early. There will be major changes made at half time no matter what the score/ Everyone will take part tonight. Good luck ..

20.8.11 v Tonga
View attachment 224364

View attachment 224365
Hewitt Brings The Cook Islands Back To Winning Ways

Yet another win for the Cook Islands, this time against neighbors Tonga, It was a very poor match to say the least, both sides sitting back waiting for the perfect time to launch counter attacks. Hewitt then through on starlet Tikalla and his presence certainly hyped up the players and the fans. 2 or 3 minutes after his arrival he set up the first goal only 11 minutes in. The substituted player immediately left the stadium and it has been confirmed by Peter himself he shall never put the Cook's green strip on again. Tonga then equalised 10 minutes into the second half after a poor piece of goalkeeping. But the squad's spirit then shined through as attack after attack finally led to the 2nd goal which proved to be the winner.

Manager's Say

The only disappointing thing about that match was the attit
ude of a certain individual who will never turn out for his country again whilst i'm in charge. He was like a statue on the pitch and frankly he looked like he couldn't be ****. Whilst Tikalla was desperate to get on from the sidelines, that's the attitude i look for, he showed great determination to show me that he should never be placed on the bench and be in the first 11 every week. It's an honor to work with such a player.

View attachment 224366

HEWITT TREATS US LIKE SLAVES

Last night, we sent a journalist half way around the globe to the Cook Islands to hear the story of a player who was recently axed my Scottish manager Peter Hewitt, 26. Sunsport can exclusivelyreveal that at the beginning of Hewitt's reign seemed like a nice, quiet guy who loved football and had a desire and passion to win football matches. But as times went on he turned into a control freak, who overpowered the players using his military status as a threat saying "it was more like a concentration camp for the Jews instead of a football team"

He then went on to say that the players were terrified of him, and didn't want to stand up to him as they knew about his military background. We can't reveal the name of the player as noone actually knows the name of this player around this part of the world and the CIFA have categorically denied these allegations. They made a statement saying "These allegations made by this player are ludicrous, if there were any signs of our players being mistreated then Mr. Hewitt would be out of a job. These claims are a retaliation after his disgusting attitude got him kicked out of the team and i completely stand by the manager and his decision, an apology is the right thing to do and this man is giving our island a bad name"But Hewitt has yet to comment on the claims. I personally watched the Cook Islands team training as they prepare for a friendly against New Caledonia, and i must say Hewitt showed no signs of aggression or a temper and these claims may be retaliation to the news he will never play again for his country.

John Porter
S
unSport

View attachment 224367
control freak or all lies ?​

Last edited:
Today, i invited worldwide media to come into a big hall with my players, and ask them as many questions as they can in one hour. I have told them to be brutally honest and i wont be in the room. I wan't to see what they think of me and if i believe my managerial methods can change for the best.

View attachment 224369

John Peterson (
journalist)
So, this q
uestion is available for anyone to answer. How do you feel about these reports of your manager being a br
utal man, and mistreating all of the players ?

Ina Henry (player)
The reports made are a disgrace, o
ur manager is a lovely human being as well as a fantastic coach and we are lucky to have him here.

Pa
ul Terry (journalist)
How do yo
u feel you have progressed as a team under the leadership of Peter Hewitt?

Tikalla (player)
He is a s
uper manager, he motivates us really well before the matches. And certainly gets the best out of us. Our recent results prove this. One or maybe two years ago we would have been losing 11/12-0 to Seychelles. But now we can win and we did very comfortably. Peter has the potential to be an amazing manager. He is still very young. Some of the players are even older than him

Thomas Newlands (Jo
urnalist)
Would one of you like to reveal the name of the player who is making these allegations, the western world are cluless as to who he is?players are older than him.

Martin Sam
uel (player)
his name is Sheik Sha, he was the weakest player in our squad, when he played it was like playing with 10 men. He brought absolutely nothing here, He shouldn't have a future in the game with an attitude like his. He brings shame to our island.

Patrick Pearse (Jo
urnalist)
How are the preparations for the Pacific Games which begin only next week, do you think this may
disrupt the harmony of the team before the first match ?

Whole Team
NO !

i then entered the room after getting a few beers with Cla
ude. I told the journalists to go home and the players had been questioned enough

Well this was the final friendly before we went to New Caledonia where we would take part in the Pacific Games. Which was also going to be my first competitive match in charge of the team. The friendly was against the hosts in the hosting nation and i was very calm during the team talk as i was fielding a "B" side basicly.

Right lads, i want a commited display today, play your natural game and play with lots of fluency and passion. The result doesn't matter today, just prove to me you deserve to be in the team at the tournament next week. Good Luck

22.8.11 v New Caledonia

View attachment 224590

View attachment 224591

BORE DRAW IN NEW CALEDONIA !

The match between New Caledonia and Cook Islands has to be the worst match iv'e ever witnessed in almost 40 years of journalism. The conditions where really good and the stadium was rocking, the fans are very passionate, one of the best atmospheres i have ever witnessed, a pleasure to be part of. As for the game,It was depressing, really really low standard of football. I now see why both countries are below 150th in the FIFA rankings. I believe If Hewitt had fielded a stronger team i believe that his side would have ended up 4 or 5 goals to the good, but unfortunately that wasn't the case and I suffered 90 minutes in what can only be described as "anti Football" . Both teams were really poor in possession and even worse at finishing. A pointless trip to New Caledonia for me.

View attachment 224594
"Best thing about the trip was the stunning scenery"

Managers Say

By far the worst performance my team have given this year, we were shocking. We never got going at all and we let them control the match. We missed a lot of chances and the overall play wasn't very exciting. Very lucky New Caledonia never left with a victory. The Pacific cup starts in two days. We kick off against Wallis & Futuna, starting to get really excited

Well this is it, my first competitive matches as the boss here. I am relishing the challenge. I believe we'll go all the way to the final. We start against Wallis & Futuna, a winnable game indeed, as are the other two group matches. But we'll take it one step at a time.

Ok guys this is it, your chance to shine and show the world what we can do, lets go out there and rough this mob up, they're scared of us. Tikalla, i'm expecting massive things from you today, lets get the ball on the deck and play some nice football. Big crowd today, the biggest one most of you have played in front of. Don't let it intimidate you, there are 3,000 Cook Islander's out there, do it for them, but more importantly for yourselves. C'MON LADS !

View attachment 224616

28.8.11 v Wallis & Fut
una

View attachment 224612

View attachment 224613

COMFORTABLE WIN FOR HEWITT IN FIRST COMPETITIVE MATCH

Cook Island eased to victory last night after coming back from a goal down to win 3-1. The Pacific Games is Hewitt's first real test as coach, and after a magnificent run of form his side remain unbeaten in the calender year. Wallis & Futuna took the lead 14 minutes in after some poor defending from a corner seen their player tap it in from 2 yards with his head. A change of tactics saw Cook Islands switch to a 4-3-3 and it paid off 5 minutes later when they were rewarded a penalty after Tikalla was tripped in the box. Michael Varney stepped up and blasted the ball through the middle to equalise. Cook Islands then started to dominate and their attacking efforts paid off 20 minutes later when winger Steve Cuthers drilled the ball home from 20 yards (2-1). The second half was much less exciting and the only chance of the whole half was converted by Michael Varney to add to his very impressive record for Cooks. Now 5 goals in 8 games. This game sees Cook Islands rise to first place after Papua New Guinea defeated Tahiti by a goal to nil.

View attachment 224615

MANAGERS SAY

I am absolutely delighted with the comeback, that goal was the wake up call for us, we had been pretty poor before that goal,But after that the lads were faultless, everyone was excellent. Stuck to the game plan really well and knocked it around conifidently, well Tahiti next. Another winnable game.

View attachment 224639

TIKALLA MAKES COOK ISLAND FOOTBALLING HISTORY

Last night it was confirmed that Tikalla has made Cook Islands history, by being the first player ever to play o
utside of the island professionally after singing for Ligue 2 club ANGERS SCO. He signed a 2 year deal worth to be around 3.9k p/w. He was a free agent after being released from Avatiu as his wage demands where believed to be in the region of 2k p/w. While his club's profits last year where a record £600. Tikalla, 24 has been on decent form for his country helping them to win 3-1 in their most recent Pacific games against Wallis and Futuna. He scored 78 goals in 58 for Aviutu. An excellent record despite the standard of football being ridiculously low. His best attributes include great strength, heading, finishing and dribbling. His national manager Peter Hewitt recently came out in a press conference with nothing but superlatives for his talisman.

View attachment 224640

Tikkie's talents are there for everyone too see, he is just a pleas
ure to work with, his attitude, determination and drive has a huge influence on the camp. When i had my first training session with the lads back in January, i knew he was a star in the making. He works so hard, chasing every ball down. And he isn't affraid to go into a challenge. He is a big powerful lad and is a huge threat in the box. Defenders are terrified of him, even i am. It may take a while for him to settle in, the culture is very different and the football is a lot more fluent and is played at a much faster pace. But once he finds his feet he won't stop scoring. His record is incredible. I wish him the best of luck ..

View attachment 224642