Deadly Circle - A good old fashioned 4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 813
  • Views Views 400K
I also recommend having 2 tactics, the original DC and counter DC, once the counter becomes fluid it is amazing. Just got this result with Hull vs Shakhtar, ahah!(6) ty for tactic, EURO CUP 2nd knockout round

This is exactly what I have done as it stops the tactics fluidity from dropping slightly everytime u change the mentality!also it's easier to flip to counter if u need to in game!

I also recommend having 2 tactics, the original DC and counter DC, once the counter becomes fluid it is amazing. Just got this result with Hull vs Shakhtar, ahah!(6) ty for tactic, EURO CUP 2nd knockout round
euro cup quarter finals scnd leg :D View attachment 252972
But I am going to give counter a chance, since the scnd half of the season I am just conceding too much and got trashed by liverpool in the semi finals of euro cup with attacking mentality :(
no I didnt want to offend you or neither compete you, just felt like "easy said, show or it didnt happen" but yeah, I must say, having a good run is quite possible, but unfortunately towards the end the big teams start collecting the points...
gonna try counter now, see if it can help to have a more solid back four

regarding the set piece addition. is it still the wing backs that take the corners?

so which do you think is better? counter or attacking?

well i haven't tested properly, however i think both are useful. If i were to use counter at Home against Burnley, i might soak up unnecessary pressure, and waste potential attacks, which would of been offered by attacking. IMO the best is utilising both in appropriate situations

once again counter proves to be so deadly when away to tough teams, you seem to become less trigger happy, however as seen can still maintain good ball possession (6)

Update: SG Sonnenhof Großaspach - 4th season // Second season Bundesliga

I recently finished my 4th season with SG Sonnenhof Großaspach (Second season in the Bundesliga):

View attachment 252961 View attachment 252959

Transfers:

View attachment 252960

I did some tests in the second half of the season - After the 1:5 defeat vs Werder Bremen I decided to test something new: At Home - Original One (JS Set Pieces) and Away - The same only with control mentality. I know that I only played a few games with that system, but it seems to be very interesting - I will continue using it in the upcoming season.

Next season I want to win my first title :). OUR MEDIA PREDICTION STILL WAS 15TH :)

EDIT:

First title of the 5th season:

View attachment 252938

Last edited:
are there any player filters for this tactic. going to start a save today with Man Utd

just buy the logical players for the different roles, its no need for filters anyway, half the fun is finding the players by yourself

I've been thinking maybe the sh**ting matches of CR are my fault...
Then, i change him with Danny (CR7 - LW, Danny-F9) and that's the result:

View attachment 252870

CR doesn't score even an empty goal, but all the rest are really, really better. Look at Oliveira... (H)

EDIT: Better this way, for sure

View attachment 252855

Last edited:
Just have a quick question not sure if it been covered or not. Do people still set OIs before the game even though there is permanent OIs we set before. Does conflict the pre set ones if we do therefore change the way the tactic plays

Last edited:
half time
36d8c8261f5f331dc97dd92df6a3ca1f.png

Using this with Tottenham, going well so far, got Harry Kane and Vietto up top, both scoring bunch of goals.

Always wanted to play a 442 but never seemed to work or always seemed to play boring football, this tactic is great!

Recommend to anyone.

Back