Deadly Circle - A good old fashioned 4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 813
  • Views Views 400K
Haven`t played FM for the last 2 months & now decided to try this beauty with WBA, standard team, no transfers in.
I`m playing FM Classic, no OI, just PLUG & PLAY.

View attachment 252166View attachment 252165

Nice job with the tactic, lovely gameplay from the boys. I`ll come back with more results.

Mixed thoughts from me about this.

-Wingers work either way, i prefer 1 of each. with my more creative on the right and the 'finisher' on the left.
-The strikers are so wasteful, i find that rather than putting the game to bed i'm holding on last 15 mins hoping for not counters.
-The CM are key. They need to be able to defend but also finish as they get a lot of chances. Look for people who don't dwell on the ball and give it away to a counter attack.

The attacking version of the tactic is probably better than the counter version, the ball spends too much time in my half with the counter version for my liking.

2 things i need a bit of help with please !
1 who takes free kicks or is it just the best freekick taker
2 Do you play with wingers with left foot on the left wing and Right foot on right wing ?

Will try out this tactic cos its taking the forum by storm on here as the nest 442 since games were made .

Thanks dude!

1 the best free kick taker should take the free kicks
2 I mainly use opposite footed players as WM, but don't be afraid to use same footed players here

Thanks dude!

1 the best free kick taker should take the free kicks
2 I mainly use opposite footed players as WM, but don't be afraid to use same footed players here

Thanks for the reply and Keep up the good work

Started a new save With Feyenoord to test this tactic. Results were good, usually winning With 4-5 goals, but the amount of injuries are UNREALISTICLY INSANE!!! 4 games into the season, and Immers, Berghuis, Boetius, te Vrede, Vilenha, Achahbar, Bulharouz and Wilkshere are all injured between 4-7 weeks!! Quit game? YES INDEED!!

Started a new save With Feyenoord to test this tactic. Results were good, usually winning With 4-5 goals, but the amount of injuries are UNREALISTICLY INSANE!!! 4 games into the season, and Immers, Berghuis, Boetius, te Vrede, Vilenha, Achahbar, Bulharouz and Wilkshere are all injured between 4-7 weeks!! Quit game? YES INDEED!!

It has nothing to do with the tactic, it's maybe due to your training or physios or bad luck :)

What are people finding it better to do with ? Attacking or Counter ? as i cant really decide between the 2 really ? Any info or evidence please

Great Tactic!!!

I started a new save to test this tactic with Nottingham Forest and it has been amazing!

This is the league standings SBC

View attachment 252088

SBC Schedule Results

View attachment 252087

Capital 1 and FA Cup

View attachment 252086

My only buy was Luis Ernesto Perez and he was on ice for almost half a season, no permit until January. Lost to MANU but what can you do against them with my team.

About to secure the promotion!!

Again great tactic!

What are people finding it better to do with ? Attacking or Counter ? as i cant really decide between the 2 really ? Any info or evidence please

Attacking for sure. For me, when using counter, to many chances the opponent has.

I have just finished my current season with Twente. We guarded the title, won the Dutch Super Cup and went until the best 4 in the CL with the hardest schedule I've ever seen :)

1887671-20150623-AMKa3A.jpg

1887670-20150623-PQTI8t.jpg

1887672-20150623-YpyHzv.jpg

1887673-20150623-Zfos4z.jpg

Last edited:
Won everything with AS Roma ( with jonnysnipe's set pieces ) :
55894ece434cb-Serie_A_TIM__Overview_Profile-5.png

55894f4b47e3b-Squad__Players_Players-4.png

Crazy game : 1 match lost 6-2 ,than this happened :
55894fced84ab-Roma_v_Barcelona__Match_Post_Match.png

View attachment 251823

With Leverkusen in the league I'm doing good for example vs Bayern I was 1-0 up I got a red card(had already 6 in season too much) and the game ended 4-3 for them....but CL I got knocked out in the group stage winning 3 and losing 3

Eintracht Frankfurt - Second season Supercup

View attachment 251816

BOOOOOM! :D

Guys I've found out that there is a vey important thing to get better performance out of this tactic: TEAMTALKS. Do not use your assistant coach or someone else - just take the time and do it like it's described here: Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide.

Last edited:
Back