Deadly Circle - A good old fashioned 4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 813
  • Views Views 400K
Which tactic are you using away or against the big teams?

I using original tactic with one F9 moved to DMC..
Now try your tactics away in the Spanish Super Cup against always Real Madrid.

Last edited:
Zyndar , I finished my test with PSG, so here is the feedback ->
View attachment 249690View attachment 249689View attachment 249688View attachment 249687View attachment 249686View attachment 249685
I used only v1 home and away.
Champion Cup final was played 3 times. Not for me but for the test...
So i got beaten 0-3 with V1 , beaten with control tactic 4-5 and won with V1 tactic but only tweak CD's to hold position.
So overall - GREAT TACTIC , but i don't think it will perform great for small even mid clubs ,as they dont have these good of a strikers like PSG , BARCELONA , REAL etc.
I am thinking to test it with lower club and give you the feedback ,because u deserve it for all this u done for anyone that had a question about the tactic!!!
P.S. I want to single out the result from the two matches with Real Madrid in CL semifinal :)

Zyndar , I finished my test with PSG, so here is the feedback ->
View attachment 895011View attachment 895014View attachment 895015View attachment 895018View attachment 895021View attachment 895023
I used only v1 home and away.
Champion Cup final was played 3 times. Not for me but for the test...
So i got beaten 0-3 with V1 , beaten with control tactic 4-5 and won with V1 tactic but only tweak CD's to hold position.
So overall - GREAT TACTIC , but i don't think it will perform great for small even mid clubs ,as they dont have these good of a strikers like PSG , BARCELONA , REAL etc.
I am thinking to test it with lower club and give you the feedback ,because u deserve it for all this u done for anyone that had a question about the tactic!!!
P.S. I want to single out the result from the two matches with Real Madrid in CL semifinal :)

Thank you for your feedback mate. I do really think that it can be used for smaller teams, just check the results area in the OP, however the Away version should be used for away matches. I am really curios about lower league results.

I quickly tested this tactic in my old/bad save with Man City, with the v1 (4-4-2). I won 5-0 against Aston Villa (H) , and I've won 0-4 against Liverpool (A). But it was just quickly P&P to see how will it perform.

Now I want to start it serious but more and more tactics appear. Can someone please clear it up?
If I got it right, I use the v1 (4-4-2) for home games and for the away games I use the tactic from the post #500 ?

By the way, what about the v2 tactic? Is it still being tested of is it ready?

Can someone please correct me if I am wrong? Thanks and keep up the good work.

I quickly tested this tactic in my old/bad save with Man City, with the v1 (4-4-2). I won 5-0 against Aston Villa (H) , and I've won 0-4 against Liverpool (A). But it was just quickly P&P to see how will it perform.

Now I want to start it serious but more and more tactics appear. Can someone please clear it up?
If I got it right, I use the v1 (4-4-2) for home games and for the away games I use the tactic from the post #500 ?

By the way, what about the v2 tactic? Is it still being tested of is it ready?

Can someone please correct me if I am wrong? Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi mate,

You are correct, v1 for home games and the Away version from post #500 for away games. I've not continued the testing of the v2 yet. To be honest I don't have much time to play and when playing I am doing my current career instead of testing. And the v1 and the Away version together working well so far, so I am going to post screens only when using Away version on my current save. If someone has the time/intention to develop v2 or to test Away version, I am more than happy to discuss and of course post the tactic to the OP if it's working.

View attachment 249389

No way .. It is ' amazing with such a strong team failing to win a measly championship .. I used the version away but there was a shot on goal in 3 games :( I'm sorry but it's too easy to win with PSG , AC Milan , Man Utd etc ..

It could be the purchasing many new players ?

Last edited:
Perhaps... They need time to gel, to learn to play together. That's why i don't buy more than 3 players for first team (unless i sell someone for crazy money, then i buy replacement) per season.

Zyndar , i am currently managing Botev Plovdiv . A Blugarian A group team , witch has this young and talented squad. I will send you the feedback for a small team test ,on the half-season break. But for now in friendlies its going good , given that my players are starting the match on 65-70% condition.

Kobra1912 Are u Bulgarian ?:)

Zyndar , i am currently managing Botev Plovdiv . A Blugarian A group team , witch has this young and talented squad. I will send you the feedback for a small team test ,on the half-season break. But for now in friendlies its going good , given that my players are starting the match on 65-70% condition.

Kobra1912 Are u Bulgarian ?:)

This is interesting, I am waiting your feedback.

No Italian :P
Than why waste your time with Levante ? Play with the best in the World - LAZIO !!! :D
I tought that you r a Bulgarian ,because of 1912... Its the year that Botev Plovdiv was founded ,and i am ultras Botev for 25 years now:)

Zyndar It will be emotional test. But for now its not looking too bad. I get busted in Liga Europe in 2nd leg from a ****** team like Shaktar Sirogors or something like that . The interesting thing was that my tactic was fully fluid and i got raped 3-1. So now home v1 , away....away tactic :)

Last edited:
Than why waste your time with Levante ? Play with the best in the World - LAZIO !!! :D
I tought that you r a Bulgarian ,because of 1912... Its the year that Botev Plovdiv was founded ,and i am ultras Botev for 25 years now:)

Zyndar It will be emotional test. But for now its not looking too bad. I get busted in Liga Europe in 2nd leg from a ****** team like Shaktar Sirogors or something like that . The interesting thing was that my tactic was fully fluid and i got raped 3-1. So now home v1 , away....away tactic :)

just heard that CSKA Sofia was relegated to 3rd division

CSKA Sofia deserved everything that is happening to them !!! Sooner or later everything comes back to bite u. There is not a single man in Bulgaria(except CSKA Sofia fans) who is not happy about that !!
The story why/how/with what , they served their faith is a very long one , so don't ask.

Las Palmas not Levante :p

1912 is the year of the founding of Modena FC :) My local Team :)
Sorry for OT.

I'm playing a save with my city team. Tactic works amazing as always...;)
I've made some tweaks that work for me.
View attachment 248455View attachment 248454

Tactics (DC home, Counter away)
look that strikers swap their position, sometimes change and swap with CM or WGs... :S

View attachment 248451
View attachment 248450

And i've made a filter, based in MALS players
(acronym of 'Mentally suitable for fighting always' in spanish),
theory created by user SABIR, in the spanish forum.
That allows you to sign extremely strong mentally players.
You must only change the position you wanna search.

example games with MALS players.
View attachment 248453View attachment 248452

View attachment 248449

Please test and post

Back