Deadly Circle - A good old fashioned 4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 813
  • Views Views 400K
Zyndar If you have the time will you test my def. tweak of your 4-4-2 tactic? I tried it for two games and it comes to e 2 clean sheets. I change to CD/D and remove everything in personal instructions of the CD except Pass it shorter. And given that i am PSG everyone is an underdog against me , so i play drop deeper and no offside trap :) so it will be nice to see how the test goes ,as i will play with your version till the end of the season :)

Zyndar If you have the time will you test my def. tweak of your 4-4-2 tactic? I tried it for two games and it comes to e 2 clean sheets. I change to CD/D and remove everything in personal instructions of the CD except Pass it shorter. And given that i am PSG everyone is an underdog against me , so i play drop deeper and no offside trap :) so it will be nice to see how the test goes ,as i will play with your version till the end of the season :)

Thank you mate, maybe I will test it later. Now I have some idea how to tweak v1 for away matches. Will post screens soon.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I like your tatic! i play with my Benfica and i win 2 champions is amazing!just i have a question, i have a lot yellow card in my DC? can you help me

I like your tatic! i play with my Benfica and i win 2 champions is amazing!just i have a question, i have a lot yellow card in my DC? can you help me

Try to add them the hold position instruction or untick tackle harder. Please keep in mind that these changes could affect the effectiveness of the tactic.

Just finished my 4th season in the Welsh Premier League. Used V1 of this tactic the entire season.

Playing as Prestatyn and my roster is definitely upgraded over the years but i'm still behind TNS in talent, though I'm bridging the gap.. I still dominated the entire year though :) Only loss was 3-2 away to TNS.

Very happy with the results :)

View attachment 250121

Just finished Season 5. Even better results and the game i lost i had my backups in because of continental competitions.

View attachment 248165

Finished Season 6

View attachment 246028

Last edited:
Before starting I apologize for my bad English but I'm using Google translator . They are in season 2020-2021 .. In all these years in Liga I always sailed between the second and third place .. Since January I started using the V1 . Against small teams win quite easily , but every game is important on time and also lose badly . I think the team is strong , monster screen some of the players most important to me Something wrong?

View attachment 250108 View attachment 250107

View attachment 250106 View attachment 250105 View attachment 250104

View attachment 250103 View attachment 250102

Thanks!

EDIT:

Other 3 Games Played Against Teams mediocre .. 1 win 1 draw and a defeat

Last edited:
Before starting I apologize for my bad English but I'm using Google translator . They are in season 2020-2021 .. In all these years in Liga I always sailed between the second and third place .. Since January I started using the V1 . Against small teams win quite easily , but every game is important on time and also lose badly . I think the team is strong , monster screen some of the players most important to me Something wrong?

View attachment 894049 View attachment 894050

View attachment 894051 View attachment 894052 View attachment 894053

View attachment 894054 View attachment 894056

Thanks!

EDIT:

Other 3 Games Played Against Teams mediocre .. 1 win 1 draw and a defeat

Try the control version described in post #485 or try v2. Another idea is to get off 1 striker and add a DM-D.

Have you tested out a box to box midfielder instead of a CM? Seems to be doing pretty well for me.

Back