Deadly Circle - A good old fashioned 4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 813
  • Views Views 400K
I'm playing a save with my city team. Tactic works amazing as always...;)
I've made some tweaks that work for me.
View attachment 897780View attachment 897783

Tactics (DC home, Counter away)
look that strikers swap their position, sometimes change and swap with CM or WGs... :S

View attachment 897790
View attachment 897792

And i've made a filter, based in MALS players
(acronym of 'Mentally suitable for fighting always' in spanish),
theory created by user SABIR, in the spanish forum.
That allows you to sign extremely strong mentally players.
You must only change the position you wanna search.

example games with MALS players.
View attachment 897784View attachment 897787

View attachment 897795

Please test and post
do you use oi mate?

The results zone is updated, many thanks for your feedback Guys!

look that strikers swap their position, sometimes change and swap with CM or WGs... :S

View attachment 897790
View attachment 897792

View attachment 897795

Please test and post

It is a new 4-4-2? I am having problems this season with the original tactics in Monaco, the last season with Celta de Vigo i finished second in league

It is a new 4-4-2? I am having problems this season with the original tactics in Monaco, the last season with Celta de Vigo i finished second in league

No, it's a tweaked version of original tactic. I use attacking at home and counter away.

Started a new save With Feyenoord to test this tactic. Results were good, usually winning With 4-5 goals, but the amount of injuries are UNREALISTICLY INSANE!!! 4 games into the season, and Immers, Berghuis, Boetius, te Vrede, Vilenha, Achahbar, Bulharouz and Wilkshere are all injured between 4-7 weeks!! Quit game? YES INDEED!!
It has nothing to do with the tactic, it's maybe due to your training or physios or bad luck :)
I have been testing this tactic on different saves I have running with Feyenoord ,Man Utd, Sampdoria and Dynamo Kiev, but there is always lots of injuries. I also have to point out that I have strongly disliked "Hard Tackles" since CM 01/02 due to the injury setback it causes. So... I did a few tweaks, and now it works wonders!
- Remove TI "Get stuck in" and add "Work ball into Box"
- Change MCR to "Central Midfield Defend" and remove PI "Roam from Position"
- Change MCL to "Box to Box Support" and remove PI "Roam from Position" an add PI "Less Crosses"
- Change STL to "Deep Lying Forward Support" and add PI "Move into channels" and "Press More"
- Add PI "Press More" on STR
With these changes I'm creating CCC's for fun and most importantly not getting as many injuries!

Last edited:
I have been testing this tactic on different saves I have running with Feyenoord ,Man Utd, Sampdoria and Dynamo Kiev, but there is always lots of injuries. I also have to point out that I have strongly disliked "Hard Tackles" since CM 01/02 due to the injury setback it causes. So... I did a few tweaks, and now it works wonders!
- Remove TI "Get stuck in" and add "Work ball into Box"
- Change MCR to "Central Midfield Defend" and remove PI "Roam from Position"
- Change MCL to "Box to Box Support" and remove PI "Roam from Position" an add PI "Less Crosses"
- Change STL to "Deep Lying Forward Support" and add PI "Move into channels" and "Press More"
- Add PI "Press More" on STR
With these changes I'm creating CCC's for fun and most importantly not getting as many injuries!

If you don't mind share your results. Sounds good!

I've went unemployed and in few months I took charge of Schalke. It was not so pleasant since they were 13th and falling. I've been using these 2 tactics:

DC Wamptweak.fmf
DC Wamptweak Counter.fmf

Here are my results:

In my first season, previous manager got kicked out of the German Cup. But I've managed to win German First Division and Europe League.

LEAGUE:

View attachment 248176 View attachment 248175

(sorry for bad quality)

EUROPE LEAGUE:

View attachment 248174

Now here is the new season:

View attachment 248173 View attachment 248172

Transfer history:

View attachment 248166

And now I want to prove you that I did not use any editors of stuff:

View attachment 248171

So huge thanks to both the creator and the tweak-er. Thank you so much and keep up the good work. I'll update you as I progress. I am sorry because presentation and screenshots could've been better but I forgot about the feedback and I remembered it pretty late and I know you guys appreciate feedback. So I hope it helps and I'll try to update it more.

EDIT

Hey guys as promised, I will be updating this comment in hope to help you. My game was in the German Super Cup against Bayern Munchen. I was a total outsider since Bayern was at their best, but not today (H)

I've used the, above mentioned counter tactic and I've managed to win the game 1-0.

So here is the ss. Even my board told me just to be competitive but I've proved them wrong.

If you need any more information or you have questions, please contact me and feel free to ask, and of course, say thanks to the developers of the tactic and the tweak. Enjoy.

View attachment 248033

Last edited:

View attachment 897790
View attachment 897792

View attachment 897795

Please test and post

This has been added to OP. Thank you wampley.

If someone posts a full season where the wampley/franlinMT tweak was used then I will add it to the OP.

If someone posts a full season where the wampley/franlinMT tweak was used then I will add it to the OP.

I've been using it since about league game 5, so I'll post mine once it's over :]

OT: Zlatan got mad that I boosted Balotelli's ego and not his, so he put on his tryhard face:

View attachment 247822

Just in case people ask - I bought Neymar this season, £39.5m PLUS Sterling. And I bought Ibrahimovic last season, £5m PLUS Lovern.

Another note - to the OP and tweakers - is there anything I can do to tighten up my defence? Rulli is one of the best GK's in the world but I only have 4 clean sheets in 18 games. I watch a good 80% of the games and i dont see anything major, but maybe there are certain things I can do to help?

Another note - to the OP and tweakers - is there anything I can do to tighten up my defence? Rulli is one of the best GK's in the world but I only have 4 clean sheets in 18 games. I watch a good 80% of the games and i dont see anything major, but maybe there are certain things I can do to help?

This is done due to the attacking mentality and to the whole concept. In my opinion, in FM15 it is not possible to create a tactic, which scores a lot like DC but simultaneously it is not conceding. There are alternatives to reduce the number of goals against but only at the price of less scoring. If this doesn't make sense just say the word.

What do you mean by DC?

Should MR be left foot and ML right foot ?

What do you mean by DC?

Should MR be left foot and ML right foot ?

DC means Deadly Circle :) If your wide midfielders are opposite footed than it is the best, but don't be afraid if you have same footed there.

Back