Deadly Circle - A good old fashioned 4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 813
  • Views Views 400K
ce9c80fecc75c8cf2d25eef172687c25.png

can I see your starting eleven? :)

3rd season with Forest following the amazing treble last year.... well, who said a treble is enough?
View attachment 254871
I have been playing fm for a long long time, but I have never witnessed a deadlier front two partnership than these two. The thing is it's not just the stats, it's the movements and coordination between them, a lot of which I have never seen before.
View attachment 254869View attachment 254868
Gorlani is my best story of player development in FM15
View attachment 254867
picked him up at the start of the save for little to nothing, played him as a cm the first season, then retrained him to be a striker. well... that's a pat on the back for me I guess, he's now on course for a golden ball win
special mention to the other italian gem i signed at the start of the game and by the looks of it, we might just have a new pirlo in the game, ladies and gents!
View attachment 254866
Thanks again for the tactic, I don't think I've enjoyed a save so much in quite a while! ;)

3rd season with Forest following the amazing treble last year.... well, who said a treble is enough?
View attachment 882927
I have been playing fm for a long long time, but I have never witnessed a deadlier front two partnership than these two. The thing is it's not just the stats, it's the movements and coordination between them, a lot of which I have never seen before.
View attachment 882930View attachment 882933
Gorlani is my best story of player development in FM15
View attachment 882934
picked him up at the start of the save for little to nothing, played him as a cm the first season, then retrained him to be a striker. well... that's a pat on the back for me I guess, he's now on course for a golden ball win
special mention to the other italian gem i signed at the start of the game and by the looks of it, we might just have a new pirlo in the game, ladies and gents!
View attachment 882937
Thanks again for the tactic, I don't think I've enjoyed a save so much in quite a while! ;)

Quintiwhat? OMG man, you made my day! Congratulations!

have you try putting the corners and throwing settings of other tactics??

I'm pretty sure that with an English club, you can win a septuple (BPL, Capital One Cup, FA Cup, Community Shield, UEFA Champions' League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup) without troubles x)

As Zyndar suggested, is it fair to say tactics with OI’s don’t work properly in FM Classic?
I’ve been trying hard to find a good 442 and Deadly Circle does seem to be a tremendous tactic to everyone, but in FMC I simply can’t make it work!

As Zyndar suggested, is it fair to say tactics with OI’s don’t work properly in FM Classic?
I’ve been trying hard to find a good 442 and Deadly Circle does seem to be a tremendous tactic to everyone, but in FMC I simply can’t make it work!

same here... few good results win, win, win,win and lost 2-7 home and few more strange results playing FMC

Yes it seems that OI's are extremely crucial to this tactic. Now I am trying in my current save.

Well, the tactic is only 70% fluid since I used 4-2-3-1 in previous season. This is a roaming career, so this is going to be my 2nd season at Twente.

View attachment 254774

I'm currently testing the following tweak for FMC: adding tight marking instruction to all my players, and the results seem promising. Will share my conclusions once I get consistent long term results.

Think I may use this in a new save but unsure whether to do an academy save where I only use regens from my u18s or to do a hone nations save! Any thoughts?

Back