Diego Milito "Rooney is over-rated"

You did nothing. Even Ronaldo is looking below average player.

huh?

I was saying that how good a player Milito is has nothing to do with this. MattDamon1990 was saying Milito had no right to criticize Rooney because he isn't as good as him. So what right does MattDamon1990 have to criticize someone like Milito?

Understand yet Sunilvk7?

Don't see what all the fuss is, he's probably been asked the question in the first place and has given a pretty truthful answer...

“When we hear the English or anybody else in the world of football trying to *compare Wayne Rooney with Messi, we find it laughable.

True.

“Rooney is a very good player there is no doubt about that – but to put him on the same level as Messi is wrong. It’s not up for debate, it’s just wrong.

True.

“How can he be compared to anybody currently playing, let alone a player who has never ever won World Player of the Year?

True.

“Like I said, I think Rooney is a very good player, maybe even a top 20 *player in the world – but that doesn’t make him Messi, it doesn’t even make him close to Messi.

True.

“While I don’t agree with it, I can understand Messi being compared to Kaka and Ronaldo, but Rooney? No, no, no.”

True.

“It’s a long way off but if we do draw England in the *quarter*-finals, Rooney will be a player we show respect to.

“But Messi is marked by five or six players at a time and I don’t see us doing that to Rooney.

True.

1) Laughable.. well Messi isnt that far ahead of Rooney, better granted, but there is a case for it

2) See Above point

3) World player of the year, plenty off World class players and best in the world havent won it.
Scholes, Giggs, Gerrard, Torres, Ibra, the list goes on.

Does that mean they havent been at one stage the best player in the world?

4) Top 20, good joke, try top 5.

5) He is right it is wrong. cause wayne is beter ;)

6) Ashley cole will mark messi alone, he wont need 5 support players to do that job.

So milito talked *****.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Villa
Messi
Forlan
Milito (possibly)
Fabiano (possibly)
Ronaldo
Drogba
Torres
Van Persie
Heskey (no, not really)

These are all strikers who have, over the past few years, been playing at a consistently high level. Rooney has had a good season, but the people who disagree that he is in one of the top ten in the world (please note that I am not one of them) would argue that he needs to be able to reproduce this superb form over a number of seasons to be considered quite in the same vein as the above.

Pardon. go sit in a corner and think about what you just said. Your tryng to tell me Fabiona, Milito, Forlan, Robin " sik note" van Persie and even Didier " moody" drogba are better then rooney. Rooney is on par with Torres.

One point. As much as i can hope im not a pro footballer. Therefore in agreement with lee i have no right to criticize milito

However, as a pro footballer i think milito should expect comments such as mine, after saying what he said. Imo he is not good enough for the prem. Rooney is.

Second, concerning ronaldo at the wc. The world cup rarely shows the class of the best players as teams tend to mark them out. In the leagues they have more chances over a season and therefore shine more. Plus increased pressure, expectation, and nerves affect the performances.

Also ronaldo has played against brazil and the ivory coast. Both have decent defences and both marked him out of the game because they know he is a threat. Same as with messi and the greece match.

Also anyone who believes that the world cup can be in anyway compared to the premier league obviously doesn't watch much football.

Last edited:
huh?

I was saying that how good a player Milito is has nothing to do with this. MattDamon1990 was saying Milito had no right to criticize Rooney because he isn't as good as him. So what right does MattDamon1990 have to criticize someone like Milito?

Understand yet Sunilvk7?

The differene is lee. Mattdamon1990 didnt go to the Daily Star and talk about milito. he simply wanted to see how good milito would be in the Premiership. the same way people say to championship players, " they couldnt make it in the Prem"

The differene is lee. Mattdamon1990 didnt go to the Daily Star and talk about milito. he simply wanted to see how good milito would be in the Premiership. the same way people say to championship players, " they couldnt make it in the Prem"

What the **** are you on about? I'm pretty sure Milito didn't go to the Daily Star, they probably came to him.

Dear Mr Milito.
Come to the prem and we'll see how good you actually are.

Oh yeah, definitely just saying that he would like to see Milito in the Premiership. The fact is, Milito's ability has nothing to do with anything. It could of been a 50-year old Nun for all I care. So please Scott, stop defending ignorance.

why is everyone having a dig at england now? That german legend guy now him i hope england prove them all wrong
To try and make us crumble under pressure by getting under our key players' skin. It also tends to be the players that dont play much internationally, or have retired that open their mouths first. Prob as they have nothing better to focus on, like for example, A last 16 game with mexico. Beckenbauer did a similar thing but eventually apologised. I also think he apologised just in case england win today, and he looks foolish.

What the **** are you on about? I'm pretty sure Milito didn't go to the Daily Star, they probably came to him.

Dear Mr Milito.

Oh yeah, definitely just saying that he would like to see Milito in the Premiership. The fact is, Milito's ability has nothing to do with anything. It could of been a 50-year old Nun for all I care. So please Scott, stop defending ignorance.

He hasnt any where critized his Ability. He wants to see how good he is in the prem. Your reading to much into this. I personally do think Milito should look at himself and Not rooney.

really all he is tying to do is wind Wanye up. Which is very sad and pathetic. he basically s running scared of Waynes talents. So i think this guy has every right to challenge Miltos ablity. In the same way Diego has challenged Waynes.

This is exactly the reaction the papers hope for, Neanderthals read it and get all riled up and start spouting ****.

/me awaits Scott Button and his merry men,grabbing there pitch forks and heading to South Africa to confront Milito.

To try and make us crumble under pressure by getting under our key players' skin. It also tends to be the players that dont play much internationally, or have retired that open their mouths first. Prob as they have nothing better to focus on, like for example, A last 16 game with mexico. Beckenbauer did a similar thing but eventually apologised. I also think he apologised just in case england win today, and he looks foolish.

What do you mean Just in case. lets have some Positive thoughts, we rock and will win.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

This is exactly the reaction the papers hope for, Neanderthals read it and get all riled up and start spouting ****.

/me awaits Scott Button and his merry men,grabbing there pitch forks and heading to South Africa to confront Milito.

They wanted people on an internet forum to get all riled? oO) well i am sure thats not the ase

Why would i confront him, he see when waynes scores against them in 6 days time. thats if they get past Mexico.

Dear Mr Milito.

I agree in a way but disagree with the fact that milito's ability has nothing to do with it.
He knew that what he said would result in comparisons between himself and rooney. He cant even pretend that he didnt. Hes been a footballer long enough to know how it works. Therefore this to me suggests that he believes himself to be better than rooney. St the endof the day, what milito said was certainly intended to try and disrupt the england camp. He probably doesnt believe half the stuff he says in intervies. He says it just to upset opposition. Which is fair enough i suppose

really all he is tying to do is wind Wanye up. Which is very sad and pathetic. he basically s running scared of Waynes talents. So i think this guy has every right to challenge Miltos ablity. In the same way Diego has challenged Waynes.

This has nothing to do with Milito's ability! After each article you read in the newspaper, read on the internet, or watch on tv, do you sit there and think to yourself hmmm but you're just a journalist why should you be allowed to talk about things that you aren't qualified or skilled enough to do?

However, as a pro footballer i think milito should expect comments such as mine, after saying what he said. Imo he is not good enough for the prem. Rooney is.

I don't want to start an argument mate but Milito is definitely good enough for the Premiership and good enough for any top team. He won the treble with Inter and scored twice in the Champions League final, got the only goal in the domestic Cup (forgotten the name) and scored in their final game of the season securing Inter the title.

So to be honest I'd say Milito has every right to say what he wants, he's been there and done it all so respect his opinion even if you don't agree with it.

This has nothing to do with Milito's ability! After each article you read in the newspaper, read on the internet, or watch on tv, do you sit there and think to yourself hmmm but you're just a journalist why should you be allowed to talk about things that you aren't qualified or skilled enough to do?

Actually i do think half the time. what are you on about to Journalist and people on TV. Dont you?

Its like you see Gareth Southgate or KK saying Fergie or Wenger or Capello made the wrong decision. What basis do they judge this on? they think they would do a better job? They must be challenging a Managers decision or ablity to do there jobs?

to be fair your ding the same thing here. you saw my comment and challenged my right to criticise milito.

This should be re-named : The "Argue about Rooney" thread..

I dont suppose anything what we say actually matters to be fair. But then again it is only natural that fans of football will have disagreements about one thing or another. Respect everyones opinions (even militos) but i have my opinion too. Id rather be challenged about it than people just accept what i say all time.

Actually i do think half the time. what are you on about to Journalist and people on TV. Dont you?

Its like you see Gareth Southgate or KK saying Fergie or Wenger or Capello made the wrong decision. What basis do they judge this on? they think they would do a better job? They must be challenging a Managers decision or ablity to do there jobs?

Thanks, i was just getting worried.