Diego Milito "Rooney is over-rated"

Milito is trying to bring down English morale like everybody else but I tell you all now, England will win the world cup and will beat Germany 2-0 today.

Actually i do think half the time. what are you on about to Journalist and people on TV. Dont you?

Its like you see Gareth Southgate or KK saying Fergie or Wenger or Capello made the wrong decision. What basis do they judge this on? they think they would do a better job? They must be challenging a Managers decision or ability to do there jobs?

Pundits are a bad example, apart from a handful the majority are idiots who do no research into the subjects they're reporting on and instead regurgitate tired clichés.

But what you're completely missing is the point that anybody can criticize whoever they like as long as they have enough knowledge on the subject. For example, if someone like Jonathan Wilson was to criticise England's tactics he would be entitled to his opinion because he is extremely knowledgeable about that area of football. The fact that he can't manage himself is irrelevant. The same way it doesn't matter if Milito is anywhere near Rooney's level.

i actually agree with him,
he's nowhere near the level of the likes of messi, ronaldo, kaka, villa or torres.
why? becuase those guys do it season in, season out - constantly perform,
when rooney does that - ie, scores 30 goals a season - every season (or 20/25+) then i'll agree, he's as good as messi or ronaldo, but unfortunately, atm i don't.

especially when he's trying so hard to be messi or ronaldo, all this coming deep to get the ball just like they do, trying to take everyone on, just like they do. He just can't do it. Sir Alex proved that rooney is best when he's playing as an out and out striker, in and around the box - so why can't capello see that!?

oO) Why thats, everything has been on topic, the thread was manly about roony.

Why's that? ** on-topic** mainly** Rooney**

Seeing as you intend on correcting me, i'll correct you're rape of the English language.

Last edited:
Why's that? ** on-topic** mainly** Rooney**

Seeing as you intend on correcting me, i'll correct you're rape of the English language.

Seeing as you intended on correcting Scott, I'll correct your rape of the English Language.

PS, back on topic please.

Sorry Milito but Rooney is not only better than you internationally, but it also didn't take him until he was 31 to actually play for a club worth mentioning. 4 goals in 22 games for an international forward? LOL @ YOU!

Take a bow.

huh?

I was saying that how good a player Milito is has nothing to do with this. MattDamon1990 was saying Milito had no right to criticize Rooney because he isn't as good as him. So what right does MattDamon1990 have to criticize someone like Milito?

Understand yet Sunilvk7?

By this logic then nobody can criticise anybody.. oO)

Sorry guys no more commenting on footballers, just watching them isn't enough, you now have to be able to be as good as them on a football field before you can say anything.

Seeing as you intended on correcting Scott, I'll correct your rape of the English Language.

PS, back on topic please.

Bit of an unnecessary intervention..

why is everyone having a dig at england now? That german legend guy now him i hope england prove them all wrong

"That German legend guy"
Shows your football knowledge there, Beckenbauer is one of the best ever, probably better than any player England have ever had, and definitely better than anyone England have now.

i actually agree with him,
he's nowhere near the level of the likes of messi, ronaldo, kaka, villa or torres.
why? becuase those guys do it season in, season out - constantly perform,
when rooney does that - ie, scores 30 goals a season - every season (or 20/25+) then i'll agree, he's as good as messi or ronaldo, but unfortunately, atm i don't.

especially when he's trying so hard to be messi or ronaldo, all this coming deep to get the ball just like they do, trying to take everyone on, just like they do. He just can't do it. Sir Alex proved that rooney is best when he's playing as an out and out striker, in and around the box - so why can't capello see that!?

Kaka?? Torres? How many times Torres scored 30 goals? Huh.. Some people just rate players according to FM.

Don't see what all the fuss is, he's probably been asked the question in the first place and has given a pretty truthful answer...

“When we hear the English or anybody else in the world of football trying to *compare Wayne Rooney with Messi, we find it laughable.

True.

“Rooney is a very good player there is no doubt about that – but to put him on the same level as Messi is wrong. It’s not up for debate, it’s just wrong.

True.

“How can he be compared to anybody currently playing, let alone a player who has never ever won World Player of the Year?

True.

“Like I said, I think Rooney is a very good player, maybe even a top 20 *player in the world – but that doesn’t make him Messi, it doesn’t even make him close to Messi.

True.

“While I don’t agree with it, I can understand Messi being compared to Kaka and Ronaldo, but Rooney? No, no, no.”

True.

“It’s a long way off but if we do draw England in the *quarter*-finals, Rooney will be a player we show respect to.

“But Messi is marked by five or six players at a time and I don’t see us doing that to Rooney.

True.

...true.

I've just been given an Infraction for correcting somebody's spelling..

I've just been given an Infraction for correcting somebody's spelling..

Nop, you got an infraction for going off-topic after I warned people to stay on topic.

PS. Make it two infractions.

3) World player of the year, plenty off World class players and best in the world havent won it.
Scholes, Giggs, Gerrard, Torres, Ibra, the list goes on.

Does that mean they havent been at one stage the best player in the world?

Pardon. go sit in a corner and think about what you just said. Your tryng to tell me Fabiona, Milito, Forlan, Robin " sik note" van Persie and even Didier " moody" drogba are better then rooney. Rooney is on par with Torres.

Scholes, Giggs, Gerrard, Torres, Ibra... None of those have ever been the best in the world.
By the way, you can't exactly say Drogba is worse than Rooney after this season... And you can't complain about how moody he is either, we all know about Rooney and his anger management problems. I'll agree that Fabiano, Forlan and Van Persie aren't as good as him, but Milito scored twice in the CL Final and Drogba was this season's Premiership top scorer.

Nop, you got an infraction for going off-topic after I warned people to stay on topic.

PS. Make it two infractions.

No problem, due to your childish and obviously personal vendetta towards me, on a website I use exclusively to upload my work I am removing rd4 skin from this website and will not be uploading the rd5 skin here. Kudos to you (H)