Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2014 Edition

Which database would you chairmen prefer to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scratch that. Just going to keep this one thread. Keep it all together. So ignore the other one.

View attachment 414120

Announce your new clubs now!
(transfer window will be open tomorrow @8pm)

To Chairmen,

Firstly good luck for this coming seasons, I would like to advise that you again read through the Game Rules as this will solve many questions you may have keeping my inbox empty enough to receive your transfer requests.

Secondly, You may now announce your takeovers!

Discussing visions, new manager possibilities, and any other club news you wish to announce.

Club banners will be posted on the first page later tonight/tomorrow morning!
(thanks to borne).
Save banner, simply right click, select open in new tab/window and then right click again to save image as.Use your club banner anytime you have to announce club business so everyone can easily distinguish each club. (When you get your banner, edit your first conference post and add your club banner.)Also you will have to PM me your manager requests, if you are wanting to hire a new manager, and if you wish to have facility improvements please give me those details. Deadline is tomorrow 6pm for these requests.

Then transfers can start on Friday at 8pm:-
READ TRANSFERS SECTION ON RULES!

Please send all your transfer requests in one message, if possible, (for exmaple dont send me 10 messages for 10 separate players) so my inbox isn't full; stopping other chairmen sending me their requests.

Updates will be on a monthly basis.
Updates for Transfer Windows will include the save game file link

Many Thanks,
Disclaimer89

Last edited:
Disclaimer any cool headera like Bourne did. Would Bourne mind making any you reckon they were ace.

Read my update :p borne is making some, should get them tonight sometime(depends when he is working to). Post your conferences here, now. Then you can go back and add your banner later...or wait until you get your banner and then post your conference, either is fine.

ALPHA PAPA BUYS NORWICH

View attachment 414118

Norwich City have today announced that former chat show host and local DJ Alan Partridge has officially taken over as chairman following a ?40 million takeover from celebrity chef Delia Smith.
The 59 year old , who in his early days as a BBC presenter worked on the sports desk for The Day Today at the 1994 world cup, has had an illustrious career including one series of ‘Knowing Me, Knowing You’ being shown on BBC and his recent handing of the Shape radio station hostage crises.
Partridge is rumoured to be keen to take Norwich on to better times to try and see money returned on his undoubted investment into the East Anglian side. However, fans are unsure on whether he will be capable of taking the club to the next level.
Fans will be awaiting this summer with great interest on the future of Chris Hughton and the other members of staff at the club. In a press conference Partridge said nothing on Chris Hughton’s future but admitted that though no player was set to be transfer listed from the off, every player has his price and that he was looking forward to cementing links with other sides.

Last edited:
ASTON VILLA ANNOUNCE NEW CHAIRMAN!

th

Aston villa have announced the arrival of Lewie Roberts to the chairman seat. We did a interview earlier with him.

Sky Sports News: So welcome to Aston Villa! How do you feel about being appointed as chairman?

Lewie: It means the world to be a chairman! I just like running a football club as prestigious as Aston Villa.

ESPN: So, have you decided to stick with Paul Lambert in charge or have you added someone else?

Lewie: I've decided to stick with Lambert. He's a good, young manager and I have all the uttermost confidence in him and his staff.

The Midlands Daily: Have you decided to give Paul a transfer budget?

Lewie: Yes, I have given him 4 million to spend on whoever he feels like buying.

Sky Sports News: Reports say that you especially want Keisuke Honda and Anthony Revelliere. Are these reports true?

Lewie: Yes, I would like those two in particular but it's not the end of the world if we don't get them.

So there you had it, Paul Lambert is still in charge and he has been given 4 million to spend. James Collins Reporting from Villa Park.

Last edited:
ALPHA PAPA BUYS NORWICH

View attachment 513367

Norwich City have today announced that former chat show host and local DJ Alan Partridge has officially taken over as chairman following a ?40 million takeover from celebrity chef Delia Smith.
The 59 year old , who in his early days as a BBC presenter worked on the sports desk for The Day Today at the 1994 world cup, has had an illustrious career including one series of ‘Knowing Me, Knowing You’ being shown on BBC and his recent handing of the Shape radio station hostage crises.
Partridge is rumoured to be keen to take Norwich on to better times to try and see money returned on his undoubted investment into the East Anglian side. However, fans are unsure on whether he will be capable of taking the club to the next level.
Fans will be awaiting this summer with great interest on the future of Chris Hughton and the other members of staff at the club. In a press conference Partridge said nothing on Chris Hughton’s future but admitted that though no player was set to be transfer listed from the off, every player has his price and that he was looking forward to cementing links with other sides.

Nice pic dude! Made me LOL :)

Invincibles Invade Wales

Huw Jenkins has today sold Swansea FC to a consortium led by Dennis Bergkamp. It is thought that Bergkamp called on the help of former teammates, Robert Pires, Thierry Henry and Freddie Ljungberg to help him run and fund the takeover of the club. With these four being arguably four of Arsenals best ever players, it could be a interesting day for them when Swansea come up against the Gunners.
In a press conference Bergkamp had this to say:
" I am delighted that Thierry, Robert and Fred decided to join me in this adventure, we decided on Swansea because the brand of football they play is always exciting and pleasing on the eye, this is the way football should be played. We will up hold this philosophy and make sure that we push Swansea on to be one of the best clubs in Europe. We have a 5 year plan which will be put into place as soon as possible, does this involve Gary Monk staying in charge?, I'm afraid not. We have a few managers in place who will play the style of football we want and I will be looking into the possiblility of employing these managers. Thank You for your time. "

Vincent Tan runs away from Cardiff with unknown taking control

A series of unfortunate events has led to Vincent Tan relinquishing his controlling stake today at Cardiff City FC. The Malaysian born businessman suffered losses in several of his business interests which are said to be related to unhappy Cardiff City fans.

Following protests in December 2013 Vincent Tan knew he was an unpopular figure, however if he could turn around the fortunes of the club and win silverware, he thought the supporters would forget the red shirts and ‘dragons’ moniker.

However a series of events caused Tan to sell his controlling stake. Firstly Tan’s reputation was damaged and he lost millions due to the horse meat scandal which spread to Malaysia affecting his McDonalds franchise empire.

Secondly, a lucky punter caused Tan’s bookmaking business to fall to its knees. The 42 year old, Scottish born man, placed a ?100 accumulator for all ten premier league games and twelve championship games over a single weekend to win ?888,888,888.88. The Scottish man, a meat exporter, was quoted as saying “I lost the job I loved last December and I vowed to take vengeance”. He then rubber his hands together, laughed hysterically and ran off into the moonlight. Unconfirmed reports are linking the lottery winner to Malkay Mckay the ex-cardiff city manager, come, meat exporter.

It is unclear whether Cardiff City’s fortunes will improve under the control of unknown Njmclare, who was said to purchase the club from Vincent Tan for ?1, as he rushed through the airport vowing to never harpoon a whale or set foot in Wales again. More news to follow regarding Njmclare when we have it.

Coats Sells the potters again

In a strange sequence of events another premier league team has swapped hand as peter coats (76) Former chairman of stoke city has sold his beloved club for the second time in 20 years for a reported fee of ?45 million pounds to young business man named Stewart Meakin (22).

Meakin (22) revealed that he was delighted to have brought the Mighty Potters the club he has supported since he was a young boy.and we have the interview he gave to Sky Sport News here for you know. Stewart sat down with Jim white for this interview.

View attachment 513431

Jim White: So Stewart first thing welcome to the big time and how much does it mean to you to be the new owner of Stoke City.

Stewart Meakin: It means a lot because most people can only dream of owning a football club never mind the club they have supported since a young boy.

Jim White: Lets get into the business side Will there be any Staff changes at the Britannia Stadium.

Stewart Meakin: No Mark has got my full backing as he has got a good chunk of experience and with a new chairman the players need some familiar face and he has a good tactical approach.

Jim White: Will you be giving Mark Hughes any amount of cash to spend on players this window.

Stewart Meakin: I wont be giving Mark to much cash as he has a rush when he see a inflated transfer budget and blows it with inflated transfer fee's which we cant afford.

Jim White: well that's it a look at Stoke City's New chairman.Thank you Stewart.

Stewart Meakin: Thank you for having me Good Bye.

View attachment 414088
Hull City bought by unknown Matt Smith!

Sky Sports: Well this is quite sudden! What happened to Assem Allam?

Matt Smith ? Indeed, we had the deal finalized in only a couple of days! I just couldn?t bare let the previous owner Assem Allam destroy the club I love! All this talk about him changing the name to hull tigers and if that failed he was going to hike the season ticket prices up by 50%! That to me just showed a lack of respect to the fans who love the club!
I just want to put on record, for the fans, that Hull City will not be changing their name nor will the season ticket prices be changing!

Sky Sports: Are you planning any staff changes now that you are here; should Steve Bruce be worried about his job?

Matt Smith - Steve is a great manager with a lot of experience along with a fantastic tactical brain! The only downside is that he has a preference for playing defensive football; which I dont like! I want the hull city supporters to watch exciting attacking football! I have not yet decided whether we will be bringing a new manager in or not. I will sit down today with Steve and have a talk about the coming season before I make any decisions. Either way, whoever is in charge will have my financial backing in the transfer market!

Sky Sports: So does that mean we should expect players coming in?

Matt Smith - Possibly, if needed! Although there is already a strong core of a team here! Especially with the two newest recruits:

View attachment 513450
Shane Long
A skilful, pacey strike who will cause terror in the heart of defenses all over the country! He has played in the premier league for a few years now and his experience will be vital!

View attachment 414085
Nikica Jelavić
We were able to pick Jela on a bargain deal! What he beings to the table with his heading ability and great foot work will definitely get us goals and help us fight our way up the table and away from the relegation zone!

Sky Sports: Well sounds like you have everything under control and have your plan of action sorted! Well to the premier League and look forward to seeing your club in action!

Matt Smith ? Cheers, Jim! Catch you on the flip side lattterrr!!

Last edited:

View attachment 414084

Manchester United - 'The Glazer Family Have Officially Sold The Club'

View attachment 414100

It seems that the departure of Alex Ferguson has resenated throughout Manchester United Football Club. With Sir Alex having retired from the Red Devils in the summer it seems his departure has prompted the Glazers to sell the club. It has not been oficially confirmed but there are rumours surfacing that the American owners had been worried about the direction in which the club would be going without their previous manager. Even the appointment of David Moyes who was hand picked by Ferguson has not tempted the Americans to stay. Malcolm, Joel and Avram have all left the club with immediate effect taking to Sky Sports to thank the club and the fans for their very special memories.

Tobey Mason buys Manchester United

English tycoon Tobey Mason has bought Manchester United from the Glazers! The relatively unknown billionaire has today snapped up the Red Devils for an undisclosed fee. Mason who has strong links with football has worked with Nike, Addidas and Reebok in the past before starting his own sporting industry inventing the hydration sweat band. The sweat band contains and holds cold water in it, when it feels the body reach a certain temperature it slowly releases the cold water dampening the sweat band which sits around the wrist. This ultimately cools the body down through the blood pumping through a sportsmans wrist. Mason has made his fortune with this device and with his own sporting label 'Mason'.

The new chairman has spoken highly of the club and has announced that he has been a huge Red Devil fan since he was a boy. Mason who is local to the City has even confessed to dreaming about buying the club and that he is still literally pinching himself at the idea of him actually owning the club.

Mason has spoken to the press about the purchase of the club, David Moyes, Marouane Fellaini and Juan Mata and what the future holds in store for the club.

Jonathan Garderner - Manchester Metro

"Tobey, firstly congratulations on the purchase of Manchester United. You have bought yourself a fantastic football club. Can I ask why you have dived into the world of Football?"

Tobey Mason - Manchester United

"
Football is in my blood, ever since my father took me to see my first ever game which was a Manchester derby in the 60's I have been hooked. I was lucky enough to see the club alot more after my first taste and I basically fell in love with the club. When I was told about the Glazer family selling up via the New York Stock Exchange I instructed my people to enquire about the possibility of a bid to buy. When they returned with a figure I did some serious soul searching before sending a figure back. I didn't really expect it to be accepted and was stunned when I heard that it had. It's all been such a whirlwind but I am looking forward to working with David Moyes and with everyone else involved with this fantastic club"

Jenny Owens - Daily Mail

"So you will be keeping David Moyes on as manager?
"

"
Of course David was hand selected by the most successful European manager of all time. I will not discredit Sir Alex's decision. The club had trust him for over 27 years and I am not about to change that now by contradicting him. I have met Moyes and we both agree on how we can further the club and the goals for this season."

Trevor Iverson - The Guardian

"
So with the arrivals of Marouane Fellaini and Juan Mata already this summer will you be expecting any more Transfer business this summer?"

"Myself and David will need to sit down and scratch out a Transfer Budget. We are looking at a fair amount but the mega money has already been paid out for Juan and Marouane. We will now be focusing on redeveloping the sqaud and turning our attention to younger players."

Mason couldn't stay for too long at the press conference as other club commitments were getting underway with meetings scheduled throughout the rest of the day. It will be interesting to see how things develop this season at Manchester United. With Fergie and the Glazers gone the club is going to be going through a transitional period. Can the Red Devils defend their Premier League title or will they fail.

Last edited:
Funny how the smaller club chairmen do their press conference 1st and the bigger clubs do it last! (except United)

Funny how the smaller club chairmen do their press conference 1st and the bigger clubs do it last! (except United)

United a big club?think they're getting the press conference out of the way so they can begin working towards a top 8 finish ;)

United a big club?think they're getting the press conference out of the way so they can begin working towards a top 8 finish ;)

LOL and what makes that funnier is that i'm a Liverpool fan. :D

y8y6ebeg.jpg

Manchester city owner sheikh Mansour has shockingly left the club as he needed to take care of personal business elsewhere so has no time to continue, he waved to the fans who saluted him in his final game
7aby7yza.jpg

He didn't sell the club he loved, as he couldn't do it. He instead gifted it to a Manchester city legend who was working in the background prior to this.
3usa3y7a.jpg

Mike summerbee made over 350 appearances for city in a 10 year spell at the club. Now aged 71 mike summerbee can't have much effect on the pitch but will be sure to work hard behind the scenes
4a5yvuta.jpg

Sky sports spoke to mike summerbee about the situation

Sky sports:so mike, how pleased are you to be the Manchester city chairman?

Summerbee: well it's a lot of work of course, but it's worth it for the club which I love so much.

Sky sports: is this the end to Manchester city's large resources?

Summerbee: a categorical no. Mansour still loves the club and has promised to still invest money, but he is just unable to invest any time.

Sky sports: and finally, any information on Manchester city in terms of transfers?

Summerbee: no, not yet. We have some of the best people in football working behind the scenes in ferran soriano and txiki bergistirain, they were the men who made Barcelona who they are today, we want to build a similar holistic approach that they have, which they can help with from previous experience. I will discuss with them and of course the manager Manuel pellegrini before trying to sign anyone. Any signing must be right, they have to be fit enough, good enough and have the right mentality for our squad.

te8yqahe.jpg

There are also rumours ferran and txiki(above) are searching for a club within the league to form a link with, they hope to use them to develop their young players at a high level and also be able to buy young players at that teams squad.

Arsenal_FC.svg

Arnold Schwarzenegger buys Arsenal

View attachment 414053

Legendary film star/body-builder/Governor has decided to use his business Acumen to take Arsenal to the top.

We caught up with Arnie earlier and he had this to say:

Thank you for meeting with us Mr Schwarzenegger, explain to us why you have decided to buy a football team

I felt the time was right to move to England and get back into business. Football has always been close to my heart so I figured it would be a good idea.

I chose Arsenal because I was looking through the list of team names and they were at the top...I was late for a meeting so thought meh they will do!

Rumours are circulating that you may be looking to replace the manager..is this true?

There is a chance I may replace Wenger, I would like to bring in a young manager but time will tell!

Please excuse me I just need to check something in my car, but...I'll be back!!!

He didn't come back...he was just teasing...what a douche!

View attachment 414057
New owner for "The Magpies"

In a surprising turn of events, Mark Ashley, owner of Newcastle United since 2007, has left the charge with immediate effect. The reason is still unknown by the media but rumors indicate that he's having some financial issues.

What it is known by the media is who's going to be the new owner. Former manager and player Alan Shearer has taken the charge and offered a press conference where he let the journalists a little insight on what he's planning to do with the club.

View attachment 513707

Alan Shearer: First of all, thanks for all coming here, as you may already know I will be taking charge of the club now. People usually say that when a door closes, another opens. Right now we have the chance of getting the club where it belongs, in Europe. This is the reason why we are still going to count on Alan Pardew to be the manager of the club, we believe if he has done it once, he can do it again. Also I personally think that you should not interfere in a process, he has been with us for already four years and we want it to stay with us. So... any questions?

Paul Collins (Daily Mail): First of all, congratulations on getting the job Alan. My question is about the transfers Newcastle have made for this season. Right now you got Loic Remy and Luuk De Jong, both on loan. Are you planning on trying to get them permanently?

Alan Shearer: That's a good question but I'm afraid I may not be the right person to answer it. Even though I do like them both as players and I think they would be a great incorporation to the team, the most important recommendation has to come from Pardew, since he is going to manage the team, he does have almost the last word on what players we do get, we're just going to try to help him in those decisions with some suggestions. Anything else?

Paul Jiggins (
The Sun): Mr Shearer, I wanted to ask, seeing that last season Newcastle almost fell into relegation ending up with a disappointing 16th place. What are the expectations for this season?

Alan Shearer: Please call me Alan. Now going to your question, as I stated before, our expectations are to qualify to a continental competition, whereas it is by the league or a cup it's not that important. We count with some really talented players and we trust that they can take us to our expectations and as I see it, our deserved place.

Alan Nixon (Daily Mirror): So now that you have mentioned the players, could you tell us who are, in your opinion, these key players?

Alan Shearer: Even if I wanted to tell you a few key players I would not be able. One of the things that make me love this club, is that almost all players have the same importance. I could tell you a list of almost eleven players but that wouldn't satisfy you would it? Right now come to mind Krul, is always great to have a secure goalkeeper, Stanton, Coloccini, Ben Arfa and Gouffran. Those are the first names that come in mind, but that does not mean that the other players are less.

That was the end of the press conference, Shearer apologized for the shortness of the conference and went to his reunion with Alan Pardew and the team in general. He also said that any other news related to Newcastle, he would inform the media in due time.

Liverpool Confirm New Owner

View attachment 513831

Liverpool confirm take over!

Terry Dunne has taken over Liverpool Football Club. A press conference was called earlier today at Anfield to confirm the news. It included interesting information such as investment, transfer budgets, stadium news, and whether or not Rodgers will be kept on as manager. To see the full conference click below;

​(Click image twice for full size)
View attachment 413904

Sorry guys, inbox was full. Now cleared! PM me if you need anything.