Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
i think religion will never Die out. All it takes is one disaster, Just one. and people will be back to religion. there is a fine line in love and Hate. the divide will be crossed again.

Okay I very much think a "disaster" would turn people to religion, if anything it would turn them away. The reason I think it will die out is because the more science develops the more people are saying religion is wrong.

i think god was originally intended to be make believe, like a presense within your mind. you can choose what he looks like, there is no human form of him, he's always around no matter what. I think that when 'god' was first made or mentioned it was simply someone referring to your concience. your concience is also ever present, whether its the last thing or the first thing on your mind it's always there regardless of whether its being ignored or followed. .

Okay to save space I didn't quote your entire post but surely if God was intended to be make believe that what about Jesus and his so called apostles? Christians believe God is real, the bible was written by people who believed Jesus was the messiah and that God was his father. It wasn't a fairytale that Jews read to their children thousands of years ago..

Scientists have proven evoloution, basically that ***** all over the bible's teachings of how god created everything, yet there are still Billion's of christians in the world.

I don't think it will die out.

Scientists have proven evoloution, basically that ***** all over the bible's teachings of how god created everything, yet there are still Billion's of christians in the world.

I don't think it will die out.

Yet again, look at this poll. People here are in general young Brits. Less people believe in God these days. Afaik, Norway's got something like 70% atheists.

Yet again, look at this poll. People here are in general young Brits. Less people believe in God these days. Afaik, Norway's got something like 70% atheists.

Yes but if only 30% of people in the world still believe in religion, then surely it hasn't 'died out'.

Okay I very much think a "disaster" would turn people to religion, if anything it would turn them away. The reason I think it will die out is because the more science develops the more people are saying religion is wrong.

i think when All else Fails in a disaster Man Made or Natural people tend to turn to faith as the answer

i think when All else Fails in a disaster Man Made or Natural people tend to turn to faith as the answer

People really aren't that irrational anymore. Everything can be explain by science so why would people turn to religion just because of an earthquake or something? :S

People really aren't that irrational anymore. Everything can be explain by science so why would people turn to religion just because of an earthquake or something? :S

becuase if they feel they are going to die. what will save them. Man or God, which would people say have the power.

Look if England went to war with a big nation tommorrow. What will People Do, trust the english army/governement to defeat this big nation, or pray like **** they dont get a nuclear war dropped on them.

becuase if they feel they are going to die. what will save them. Man or God, which would people say have the power.

Look if England went to war with a big nation tommorrow. What will People Do, trust the english army/governement to defeat this big nation, or pray like **** they dont get a nuclear war dropped on them.

Britain would probably do what they've always done. Stiff upper lip, chaps!

Well if by England you mean Britain then you must think our nation is pathetic :S

Well if by England you mean Britain then you must think our nation is pathetic :S

How did you come to that conclusion. Because i think we would get our **** kicked by a bigger nation.

How did you come to that conclusion. Because i think we would get our **** kicked by a bigger nation.

Lol what bigger nation would this be exactly? If a war was started on any nation, no matter who it would turn into a World War. Not that this has anything to do with religion. But I certainly would not turn to God to save me, that's pathetic, and I doubt any British person would, it's a cowards way out..

What about the Cold War, everyday people thought a nuke could be fired, but nobody turned to Christianity, your point just doesn't make sense.

Lol what bigger nation would this be exactly? If a war was started on any nation, no matter who it would turn into a World War. Not that this has anything to do with religion. But I certainly would not turn to God to save me, that's pathetic, and I doubt any British person would, it's a cowards way out..

What about the Cold War, everyday people thought a nuke could be fired, but nobody turned to Christianity, your point just doesn't make sense.

I think in an emergancy like an Hot War, people would turn to religion.

sadly england would get its **** handed to it by china, russia, america etc, but what does that have to do with god?

NATO would help; i.e. the U.S. of A + a slew of other countries. You see the mess they created in Afghanistan? And we're not even properly commited there. We'd **** up any nation, either through selling them opium or by toppling all their institutions and installing useless puppet governments.

But how the **** does that relate to God?

sadly england would get its **** handed to it by china, russia, america etc, but what does that have to do with god?

NATO would help; i.e. the U.S. of A + a slew of other countries. You see the mess they created in Afghanistan? And we're not even properly commited there. We'd **** up any nation, either through selling them opium or by toppling all their institutions and installing useless puppet governments.

But how the **** does that relate to God?

Please read the whole conversation.

Is was used as an example of how a disaster would make people turn to religion, Not everyone, But there is a lot of Weakminded people, who will follow people like sheep.

yes i agree, especially in south america and the southern parts of the U.S.A, bunch of freaks if you ask me, they would believe that god can save them, i dont believe in god, the idea of a spirit creating the galaxy scares me

Really doubt religion will die out. I would assume the number of devout christians has nose dived recently but religions like islam are not likely to become less popular in islamic countries anytime soon.

Describing religous people as a bunch of freaks is really not on.:S Fair enough if you don't believe in god but you should respect the beliefs of others.

Last edited:
19 11 08 you have no idea how they are over here, they burn down athiests houses in alabama and texas and they beat up gay people at gay bars mate, i wasnt referring to all religious people but just a few in america

Back