Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
The think that confuses me about Christianity is the different amount of churches there are, i.e Roman Catholic, Church of England and Jehovah Witnesses. I understand that you are all committed to one god but these churches seem to have different views on thing, surely if God wanted equality, depending on how communist he was, shouldn't all Christians worship under one United church?

It is all about choice. the big thing, where does god cross the line from being a protector and A god. To being a over-proctive Dictator.

It is like Parentng for god. He has to let people make there own decisions whether he beileves it or not.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

absolutely spot on aaandy, this is a great discussion but it would be better if scott knew what he was talking about, i have many friends in this country and not once did i say that all americans are nutters, i actually said some that live in alabama and southern states are nuts, the KKK is built upon beliefs that christians are superior to everyone else, which honestly is a load of bullshit, so you respect that muslims blow themselves up? you respect al qaeda killing thousands in 9/11?

Instread of Spamming up ths thread. and forum, you want to add me on MSN. we can discuss there i have taylor and Andy. just that way might be a bit quicker.

[email protected]

He didn't say every American is mental! Joe said and I quote " they burn down athiests houses in alabama and texas" yes they do that. That's what I was saying, they hate anything that isn't Christian and everyone who is gay. That's what Joe was trying to get at before you went mental at him. And yes I have something wrong in the head, very mature there..

Okay think of it this way. The Muslims that blow themselves up, are you seriously saying you don't think their beliefs are insane? Same for Christians who burn peoples houses down and murder people. Scott said "don't insult their beliefs" possibly the most stupid statement ever made, what they do is wrong, I can't believe you and Scott are sticking up for people such as the KKK! What is wrong with you.

We can all name evil religious people and evil atheist. Two examples are the KKK (religious) and Adolf Hitler(Atheist). They are both evil and I will leave it up to you to decide who you believe to be worse but that isn't the point of this thread. I myself am a Roman Catholic and I put all my faith in God and it hasn't failed me yet. However I'm not her to turn Atheists into believers. It is your choice but don't discredit religion because there are evil people associated with it. There are evil people associated with most things but it doesn't make them bad things.

maybe i came across as calling them all nutters, but i meant the homophobes, if you guys actually left england you might see what the world is like, alabama is the number one racist and homophobic state, im not saying all people from alabama are filthy racists, im saying that the majority of the overly religious ones are extremely judgemental of homosexuals,

EDIT: By the way this is the best discussion i think ive ever had on this site

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

We can all name evil religious people and evil atheist. Two examples are the KKK (religious) and Adolf Hitler(Atheist). They are both evil and I will leave it up to you to decide who you believe to be worse but that isn't the point of this thread. I myself am a Roman Catholic and I put all my faith in God and it hasn't failed me yet. However I'm not her to turn Atheists into believers. It is your choice but don't discredit religion because there are evil people associated with it. There are evil people associated with most things but it doesn't make them bad things.
fatshit i respect your opinions very much, but hitlers foundations were not built on religion, but fascism, the KKK and Al Qaeda are built on religious teachings, and good for you that your religious, all of my friends go to church, they respect my views, if i went to alabama, a whole different story would come up, if you go on itunes and listen to country music the majority of the songs are related to jesus, this is because it shows their religiousness

Lol isn't there an online rule that if you bring Adolf Hitler into a debate you automatically lose? Also there is no proof that Hitler was an Atheist, it's more than likely that he's a Christian.

so hang on scott and taylor, your saying because the KKK are homophobic and racist as its in their beliefs its ok?

EDIT: By the way i had to read THIS for homework, found it very interesting as a matter of fact

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe i came across as calling them all nutters, but i meant the homophobes, if you guys actually left england you might see what the world is like, alabama is the number one racist and homophobic state, im not saying all people from alabama are filthy racists, im saying that the majority of the overly religious ones are extremely judgemental of homosexuals,

EDIT: By the way this is the best discussion i think ive ever had on this site

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

fatshit i respect your opinions very much, but hitlers foundations were not built on religion, but fascism, the KKK and Al Qaeda are built on religious teachings, and good for you that your religious, all of my friends go to church, they respect my views, if i went to alabama, a whole different story would come up, if you go on itunes and listen to country music the majority of the songs are related to jesus, this is because it shows their religiousness

Hitler was an atheist and don't for a minute say he didn't have foundations and beliefs regarding religion. He wasn't religious and hated a race determined by a religion(the Jews) and he gassed six million of them as a result. Hitler's hatred of Jews is a brilliant example of a hatred built partly from religion and he wasn't a religious man. I dislike Atheists that say Christians/Muslims start most wars. That is clearly not the case in the slightest.

Lol isn't there an online rule that if you bring Adolf Hitler into a debate you automatically lose? Also there is no proof that Hitler was an Atheist, it's more than likely that he's a Christian.

I think it was just an example of how too things could be completely evil and different.

Stalin then maybe, not a religiuos man but maybe the most evil person alive.

Or maybe just criminals like Ian Huntley, Jos Fritzel evil men like them, i think we can all agree they are evil men.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

so hang on scott and taylor, your saying because the KKK are homophobic and racist as its in their beliefs its ok?

EDIT: By the way i had to read THIS for homework, found it very interesting as a matter of fact

Where have we said that.

All proof points towards Hitler being an atheist; it's the reason why he tore apart the Christian churches in Germany and is also the reason why he had the Nazis worshipping within the Reich Church which was supposedly based on the worship of the sun but was actually nearer towards a worship of him and his NSDAP ideals.

Actually, there was a reason why Hitler hated the jews. Because he wanted to be accepted in Art School/Class. And he failed to get in, trying to sell his paintings to the jews in Italy, but none wanted to buy or live in their rich houses. And he thought jews stole money from the Germany Government that why he hates the jews.

Actually, there was a reason why Hitler hated the jews. Because he wanted to be accepted in Art School/Class. And he failed to get in, trying to sell his paintings to the jews in Italy, but none wanted to buy or live in their rich houses. And he thought jews stole money from the Germany Government that why he hates the jews.

Hardly a valid reason to Gas 6million

Since when did i say that muslims and christians start all wars, where did you get this from? i dont remember mentioning war once, many men such as napoleon and alot of monarchs during the absolute monarchy reign did not start wars because of religion, they started wars to expand borders, these men were maybe religious but just because one is religious does not make them war starters, i never said this

Where have we said that?

Since when did i say that muslims and christians start all wars, where did you get this from? i dont remember mentioning war once, many men such as napoleon and alot of monarchs during the absolute monarchy reign did not start wars because of religion, they started wars to expand borders, these men were maybe religious but just because one is religious does not make them war starters, i never said this

Sorry Joe i dont think anyone actually said you did. And you didnt answer my question.

Hitler was an atheist and don't for a minute say he didn't have foundations and beliefs regarding religion. He wasn't religious and hated a race determined by a religion(the Jews) and he gassed six million of them as a result. Hitler's hatred of Jews is a brilliant example of a hatred built partly from religion and he wasn't a religious man. I dislike Atheists that say Christians/Muslims start most wars. That is clearly not the case in the slightest.

All proof points towards Hitler being an atheist; it's the reason why he tore apart the Christian churches in Germany and is also the reason why he had the Nazis worshipping within the Reich Church which was supposedly based on the worship of the sun but was actually nearer towards a worship of him and his NSDAP ideals.

Pretty much everything you say is subjective, there is very little hard evidence proving any of this. Bringing Hitler into this is just stupid! The guy was a complete mentalist, as for the "I dislike Atheists that say Christians/Muslims start most wars. That is clearly not the case in the slightest" so in defence of religions you are saying people like Hitler start wars? I just hate it when people bring Hitler into discussions that have no relevance to him - Godwin's Law

When have we ever said that? I said you shouldn't think less of people because of their beliefs i.e what religion they believe in. The klu klux klan is not a religion.

Think you're getting confused by us saying beliefs. We were talking about there religion not whether they believe white people are superior or stuff like that.

No; that isn't correct. Hitler was a struggling artist in Vienna, Austria and he could barely make ends meat whilst he saw successful Jewish Bankers and Businessmen. He became jealous which is where his hatred started but he developed his hatred further and it was escalated by his hatred of their beliefs. He explained his hate in his book; Mein Kampf whilst in prison after the first world war and his infamous Munich putsch.

you are saying that i shouldnt say that all ridiculously religious people are nutters, which sadly in reality is true in the USA, most of them are KKK members and you have quoted many times that its ok to have intense views like this, so what they do is being justified?

When have we ever said that? I said you shouldn't think less of people because of their beliefs i.e what religion they believe in. The klu klux klan is not a religion.

Think you're getting confused by us saying beliefs. We were talking about there religion not whether they believe white people are superior or stuff like that.
the KKK and its beliefs are based upon bible teachings and religions

Back