Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
god is here for people to live there lifes to certain morals. i know alot of people think its crazy but if it makes people have a better life who are we to say that they are crazy or living a lie. if we can just start to accept peoples views we would start to have better views ourselfs

Last edited:
Back on topic,
Yes i believe, I also go to church if anyone is wondering.
And due to my answer in the last question, yes I am religious.

I think when a story has carried down so far for roughly 2000 years, there has to be some truth in it.

What I don't believe however is scenes mentioned in the bible such as:

" And as John baptised Jesus, the voice of God came down from heaven; 'This is my son.........' "

What I do believe is that John, or the apostles or anyone else involved, was overcome by passion and love for God and his son, and the Gospel writers have described these event - see above quotation - to enlighten the reader as to why these judgements were made. Therefore it is easier to understand for those at church than: " And John appreciated that this was the son of man, and he baptised him in the Jordan. And it was Good...... "

Also, Christianity does not disrespect, bully, or disqualify and other religion. Jewish, Hindu and Sihk teachings all prophesise that there is one true God. The differences between them are how God is represented and other details such as : Kosher meet for Jews, which is the Sabbath ( the one to be kept Holy ) and others.

Finally the point you uys make about wars etc and poverty is a good point but this, in my opinion, is not entirely down to God, ie his fault. I believe that God gave mankind the power of choice. Bush, Brown and The Taliban chose to o to war, albeit they may have had good reason for it. God gave people like Robert Mugabe the power to choose to be a tyrant, and to choose to abuse his position of power.

Thannks for reading, chris (H) ;)

P.S. Sorry if I have offended anyone, believe you me it was unintentional.
P.S.S. These are my own thoughts, not copied off a website.

actually, i think God doesn't exist, because if Adam and Eve were the only people on Earth at one time, their children wouldn't be able to give birth with each other. There are a few flaws in the story

actually, i think God doesn't exist, because if Adam and Eve were the only people on Earth at one time, their children wouldn't be able to give birth with each other. There are a few flaws in the story

He is god, he can do what he likes when he likes. Have you ever thought of it this way. these Flaws where purposely put in there by god, to test peoples Faith anfd Beilef in him. so he could see who really is a beilever and who isnt.

At the end of the day I think people use religion (mainly Christianity) as a way of living there life, possibly even a false sense of security, a way to stop themselves being afraid of the unknown such as afterlife etc. Which is fair enough, but the world has developed to the stage where the majority of us are unbelievers and really the only time most of the country step into a church is for a wedding or funeral. Christianity has become a joke and once this generation die and we take the stage I don't think there will be any room for religion.

He is god, he can do what he likes when he likes. Have you ever thought of it this way. these Flaws where purposely put in there by god, to test peoples Faith anfd Beilef in him. so he could see who really is a beilever and who isnt.

See, choice. (H)

At the end of the day I think people use religion (mainly Christianity) as a way of living there life, possibly even a false sense of security, a way to stop themselves being afraid of the unknown such as afterlife etc. Which is fair enough, but the world has developed to the stage where the majority of us are unbelievers and really the only time most of the country step into a church is for a wedding or funeral. Christianity has become a joke and once this generation die and we take the stage I don't think there will be any room for religion.

i think religion will never Die out. All it takes is one disaster, Just one. and people will be back to religion. there is a fine line in love and Hate. the divide will be crossed again.

But if he's omniescient, he wouldn't need to do that, would he?

god is here for people to live there lifes to certain morals. i know alot of people think its crazy but if it makes people have a better life who are we to say that they are crazy or living a lie. if we can just start to accept peoples views we would start to have better views ourselfs

Are you suggesting that Religion gives people better lives? By restricting what they can and can't do? I don't see the positives of a life like that, but maybe it's just me.

im not saying its better but it can give people a better appreciation of life. there are plenty of positives like no drugs or *** before marrage which creates a more disciplined lifestyle dont get me i dont worship a god but i understand why people do

i think god was originally intended to be make believe, like a presense within your mind. you can choose what he looks like, there is no human form of him, he's always around no matter what. I think that when 'god' was first made or mentioned it was simply someone referring to your concience. your concience is also ever present, whether its the last thing or the first thing on your mind it's always there regardless of whether its being ignored or followed. over the past millenium there have been some top class idiots that have managed to change a proverbial myth into a fully blown religion and even make a load of stories around it. well, this is how i see it anyway. god didnt make the planet, it was a reaction in space (the big bang), Adam & Eve - even the christians admit that's bollocks. Jesus - well, maybe? but he could just be some mental fella obsessed with the idea of a god. Heaven - once again, a fragment of your own imagination made up to make death sound less frightening. Miracles - make believe? stories? just complete dogs bollocks? Liverpool - decent side, never really the same after Alonso left.

1)

I have seen discussions like this on other forums become very interesting

What is left??
If you have seen this discussion on other forums.. What were you expecting to see here?

im not saying its better but it can give people a better appreciation of life. there are plenty of positives like no drugs or *** before marrage which creates a more disciplined lifestyle dont get me i dont worship a god but i understand why people do

No *** before marriage is a positive thing? And discipline for its own sake is utterly useless. And you don't need to be religious to not do drugs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...n-refuse-feed-wives-deny-***-says-cleric.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8180116.stm

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_man-beheads-granddaughter-for-good-harvest_1251057

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE53T6E320090430

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/e...es Curriculum Revised by Conservatives&st=cse

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7651231.stm

Don't get me wrong; i love religion. it's my primary source of lulz.

Believing in God is like believing in Santa.

Not really, because those who believe in Santa often stop believing as soon as here evidence to suggest he isn't real.

Your parents bring you presents not Santa - Oh ok I guess there is no Santa.

The Universe was created by the Big Bang - OMG no way, where's the proof? It was created in 7 days, fact.

But you have faith in Santa when you are little, yes? Even when others tell you he is not real. Same as religion.

Then you go and find presents under your Mum and Dad's bed :P

Back