Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
Just because Hitler was baptised as a Catholic doesn't mean he was a proper catholic, quite the opposite; he never claimed to be a Christian. A Christian wouldn't start up a church that worships the sun.

He was born and raised a Catholic, he spent most of his life a Catholic. I think this website explains how and why Hitler thought as he did - Clicky

Do Christians believe in Dinosaurs ?

That is a question I cannot even begin to start answering at this time of night. Possibly one of the complicated questions you could ask :P

I think Christians "question" scientists on the subject and claim God created them (possibly) but they weren't around however million, billion years ago as scientists carbon dating has proven. That's the short answer.

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

I doubt you've ever even read Mein Kampf.

I'll tell you what, if you want to keep talking about your best friend Hitler, go and make a thread about it (that's right I'm going to be immature and I'm tired and this discussion has no place on this thread any more)

How on earth has a discussion about religion turned into Hitler and the KKK, I have found the reigious bit interesting though and must say I agree with Joe and Andy.

That is a question I cannot even begin to start answering at this time of night. Possibly one of the complicated questions you could ask :P

I think Christians "question" scientists on the subject and claim God created them (possibly) but they weren't around however million, billion years ago as scientists carbon dating has proven. That's the short answer.

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

I'll tell you what, if you want to keep talking about your best friend Hitler, go and make a thread about it (that's right I'm going to be immature and I'm tired and this discussion has no place on this thread any more)
My family fought in the war against Hitler unlike your family. And if your family did then you're being incredibly disrespectful.

My family fought in the war against Hitler unlike your family. And if your family did then you're being incredibly disrespectful.

Thanks for the info. Now you can go preach to your friends about it, at least they probably care.

However, the people wouldn't call you a proper Christian.

But why would we go out of our way to harm others? There's no motivation for us to do so, unless they've come to our door and ******* annoyed us with conversion talk. And find me a link where an atheist beat someone up for being religious outside the USSR (the motivation there was that the church threatened Stalin's power, not because they were religious).

God is omniescient, which thus proves he knows what we're going to do, which means we don't have true free will. One of the many paradoxes in the Bible.

What would you do if the government had fooled the nation into invading iraq because they were "dangerous"? Oh wait a minute!

Point Number one--> i wouldnt want to be considered the same as these people. But Joe was calling EVERYONE RELIGIOUS a nutter. So he was infact grouping me with them.

Point Number 2 --> You are very Naive to think no-one has ever been Hurt for being religious, very naive in deed

point Number 3 --> I Beileve that god set Futures out for us all at birth, but i think there are many oaths for us to choose from. One will Lead to being a criminal, One will leave for being a avergae guy. one will lead to fame. then when you reach the ends of these paths. there are more to determin what kind of person you are. see this is how Free-will and control is eastablished.

point 4--> i dont and never have agreed with the Iraq war.

How on earth has a discussion about religion turned into Hitler and the KKK, I have found the reigious bit interesting though and must say I agree with Joe and Andy.

i think i explain to you later, where me and taylor where coming from mate. seeya on MSN:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Point Number one--> i wouldnt want to be considered the same as these people. But Joe was calling EVERYONE RELIGIOUS a nutter. So he was infact grouping me with them.

Point Number 2 --> You are very Naive to think no-one has ever been Hurt for being religious, very naive in deed

point Number 3 --> I Beileve that god set Futures out for us all at birth, but i think there are many oaths for us to choose from. One will Lead to being a criminal, One will leave for being a avergae guy. one will lead to fame. then when you reach the ends of these paths. there are more to determin what kind of person you are. see this is how Free-will and control is eastablished.

point 4--> i dont and never have agreed with the Iraq war.

1 - All religion is incredibly biased. One says children with freckles are Satan's children (no joke). My point was that even though most religious people are perfectly alright, the inherent belief that magic exists isn't considered a healthy mental state by most shrinks.

2 - it's not for being religious; it's for being hurt solely because of their religion by atheists. Of course millions have died for their religion, e.g. the Turks' ethnic cleansing of Armenians, the Balkans, and once in a while someone in Africa butchers the neighbouring Christian tribe with machetes.

3 - Right, these oaths... God's omniscient (all-knowing), thus he knows what oath you'll take. Why does he even need to test you? He knows the answer. So that contradicts free-will, because there is only one given outcome.

4 - But if you truly believe someone's out to kill you (which was the general reason for it) and then it turns out you're wrong, how does that make you any different from Hitler in that way? He was 100% sure the Jews were out to destroy Germany. if it turned out Anonymous (a "terrorist" group) had a plan to blow up the British Parliament, Buckingham Palace, the MoD and your house with your family in it, you'd like to see them dead, most probably.

Last edited:
http://ddig.wordpress.com/biblical-doomsday-evidence/

so according to bible doomsday prohphies, all this **** will kick off in 2012, but lets say were all fine and dandy in 2012,2013,2014 and so on, is that proof that the bible is fiction ?
No, as the bible doesn't actually say any date for doomsday last time i checked*.:P
Just means part has been interpreted wrong.:$

* which was never to be fair but i assume it doesn't

http://ddig.wordpress.com/biblical-doomsday-evidence/

so according to bible doomsday prohphies, all this **** will kick off in 2012, but lets say were all fine and dandy in 2012,2013,2014 and so on, is that proof that the bible is fiction ?

I had a quick scan so may be mistaken, but I didn't see any direct quotes from the Bible saying the world would end in 2012 in the link provided.

Isn't the 2012 thing a Mayan prophecy?, the end of their calendars or something along those lines

Never had a solid reason to believe in 'God'. The numerous number of religions out there also doesn't help the whole 'theory' of a god that oversees the whole universe.

Isn't the 2012 thing a Mayan prophecy?, the end of their calendars or something along those lines

yes it is, I think they ran out of room for their calender so they ended it in 2012 lol
Yeah I was mistaken about the bible and 2012, it does not mention a date

My main problem with organised religion is its hereditary nature

Lets say 2 parents are Christian, in all likelihood they will pass on their faith to their newly born child. But this is what I have a problem with. How can something be a true belief if the person isn't given a choice? I am not saying this child will have less faith than a convert; but just that they never got to pick what the believed, it was forced upon them. I'm sure that if my parents were Muslim, I would have been brought up a Muslin and believe in the Qur'an- but they weren't and I don't. This just subverts the whole notion of faith to me, because it's just something passed on through a family.

I would compare it to politics. Many people are politically influenced by their family. For example my grandfather was a working class miner, so naturally he voted Labour, and my dad was influenced by this and voted Labour too, and has done so ever since. He did not view all the parties policies and moral line and then make an informed decision, but just followed what his parents did. Religion is very much the same; but with religion I'd say the chances of a child brought up in a faith converting is far less than that of a child having different political beliefs than their parents.

Anywho, that's what I think. Personally I'm an atheist, but I think having faith in something must be a very comforting thing and is in fact something i'm jealous of.

Anywho, that's what I think. Personally I'm an atheist, but I think having faith in something must be a very comforting thing and is in fact something i'm jealous of.

i have faith in Chaz Sexington. The faith is currently accepting new members!

You're rushed into a religion before you can stand up straight, and almost forced by schools & parents to get holy communion. Etc

Back