Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
When have we ever said that? I said you shouldn't think less of people because of their beliefs i.e what religion they believe in. The klu klux klan is not a religion.

Think you're getting confused by us saying beliefs. We were talking about there religion not whether they believe white people are superior or stuff like that.

Well I think that proves you know nothing of this discussion. Maybe look the KKK up in wikipedia before you talk about them ;)

you are saying that i shouldnt say that all ridiculously religious people are nutters, which sadly in reality is true in the usa, most of them are kkk members and you have quoted many times that its ok to have intense views like this, so what they do is being justified?

not all of the devoted religios people in the usa are nutters. You can say see the real world or any of that rubssih, but your speaking rubbish be saying that.

Pretty much everything you say is subjective, there is very little hard evidence proving any of this. Bringing Hitler into this is just stupid! The guy was a complete mentalist, as for the "I dislike Atheists that say Christians/Muslims start most wars. That is clearly not the case in the slightest" so in defence of religions you are saying people like Hitler start wars? I just hate it when people bring Hitler into discussions that have no relevance to him - Godwin's Law
Hitler was a complete menatlist and so is anyone who burns down gay bars or commits other crimes such as that.

That is the whole point. There are always going to be mentalists who burn down buildings, kill people start wars it makes no odds what religion they are because religion plays no part they are quite clearly just mental.

the KKK and its beliefs are based upon bible teachings and religions

it is a certain section of the world, who have interpretted the bible in different ways. they dont respresent the whole of the bible. becuase i am pretty sure it doesnt say in the bible go a burn that bar down and go kill that person.

Pretty much everything you say is subjective, there is very little hard evidence proving any of this. Bringing Hitler into this is just stupid! The guy was a complete mentalist, as for the "I dislike Atheists that say Christians/Muslims start most wars. That is clearly not the case in the slightest" so in defence of religions you are saying people like Hitler start wars? I just hate it when people bring Hitler into discussions that have no relevance to him - Godwin's Law

If you want to bring in evil Christians such as the KKK I'll bring in famous Atheists such as Stalin, Hitler and even Chairman Mau. In reference to Godwin's 'law' I don't care too much for the opinions of a washed up lawyer.

Well religion is based upon a series of beliefs, so in this discussion i am using the beliefs that i disagree with to justify my opinion, honestly i live here as ive said many times and i have had issues with "rednecks" saying i am impure or something because im not religious, and please learn to spell scott as i cannot reply to what you just typed as i have no idea what you said, i will go and watch lost that i taped now, i want to continue this discussion some day, cheers mate

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

If you want to bring in evil Christians such as the KKK I'll bring in famous Atheists such as Stalin, Hitler and even Chairman Mau. In reference to Godwin's 'law' I don't care too much for the opinions of a washed up lawyer.
fatshit you make no sense, the thread is on religious beliefs, the likes of stalin and hitler did not build foundations upon religion, he killed 2/3 of the jews in the world for reasons outside religion, he used them as a scapegoat for the fall of the weimar republic, anyway going into hitler is completely out of the question,

you are saying that i shouldnt say that all ridiculously religious people are nutters, which sadly in reality is true in the USA, most of them are KKK members and you have quoted many times that its ok to have intense views like this, so what they do is being justified?

How can most 'ridiculous(questionable choice of word)' religious people in the US be members of the KKK when the KKK only has upto 8000 members?

Well religion is based upon a series of beliefs, so in this discussion i am using the beliefs that i disagree with to justify my opinion, honestly i live here as ive said many times and i have had issues with "rednecks" saying i am impure or something because im not religious, and please learn to spell scott as i cannot reply to what you just typed as i have no idea what you said, i will go and watch lost that i taped now, i want to continue this discussion some day, cheers mate

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------[/COLOR]

fatshit you make no sense, the thread is on religious beliefs, the likes of stalin and hitler did not build foundations upon religion, he killed 2/3 of the jews in the world for reasons outside religion, he used them as a scapegoat for the fall of the weimar republic, anyway going into hitler is completely out of the question,

Point One--> No-one here is saying that is acceptable, it is wrong. But you where blaming a whole religion for a small percentage off its behavoiur.

Point Two--> Peoplw here saying that religious where BAd People( KKK) Which they are, but there is plenty off none religious people who are evil aswell.

you are saying that i shouldnt say that all ridiculously religious people are nutters, which sadly in reality is true in the USA, most of them are KKK members and you have quoted many times that its ok to have intense views like this, so what they do is being justified?
Ridiculously religous people are people who go to church every day and will not even let there daughter touch a man until they are 21 or something ridiculous like that. People in the klu klux klan are extremely racist. They twist parts of the bible to justify there racist beliefs.
the KKK and its beliefs are based upon bible teachings and religions
No. there is no part of the bible that encourages violence on people of other races. The KKK may have twisted an obscure on passage into meaning that but come on one of the commandments is thou shalt not commit murder (thats probably not word for word) so they are hardly going to encourage the KKK
Well I think that proves you know nothing of this discussion. Maybe look the KKK up in wikipedia before you talk about them ;)

I think you have spectacularly missed my point. I was saying when i talked about beliefs i was talking about someones religion and not whether they believe they are superior to all other races. I'm well aware that the KKK are a racist christian organisation but the fact they are christian and racist are totally not linked, there is no part of the bible that encourages racism.

Last edited:

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

1) If you are going to try and comment on something as petty as his spelling then correct your grammar and punctuation.
2) Actually the thread is about whether you believe in God or not so if you feel the need to use a famous evil 'religious' sect then I will use an example of an evil atheist.
3) Hahaha. Why would Hitler use Jews as a scapegoat for the Weimar Republic when one of his key aims was to bring down the Republic himself; an aim he was successful in I don't hasten to add.

it is a certain section of the world, who have interpretted the bible in different ways. they dont respresent the whole of the bible. becuase i am pretty sure it doesnt say in the bible go a burn that bar down and go kill that person.

They havn't really interpreted the bible in any way, more manipulated some quotes so that they very very vaguely justify what they're doing. It's exactly the same case with Muslim terrorists who use the Qu'ran to justify truly horrific actions, they clearly havn't developed from a wealthy happy person into an utter mentalist by reading the Qu'ran. They were already crazyly angry with westerners and just used their religion as justification for abborrant attacks and as a way to recruit new followers by randomly taking minute quotes vastly out of context, exactly like the KKK.

They havn't really interpreted the bible in any way, more manipulated some quotes so that they very very vaguely justify what they're doing. It's exactly the same case with Muslim terrorists who use the Qu'ran to justify truly horrific actions, they clearly havn't developed from a wealthy happy person into an utter mentalist by reading the Qu'ran. They were already crazyly angry with westerners and just used their religion as justification for abborrant attacks and as a way to recruit new followers by randomly taking minute quotes vastly out of context, exactly like the KKK.

Yh okay, So it isnt becuase they where religiuos like some people have been saying.

Isnt that what me and taylor have said all the way through.

Last edited:
Totally agree with this.

Exactly what I was about to write. Thanks for doing the hard work :)

Please read the whole conversation.

Is was used as an example of how a disaster would make people turn to religion, Not everyone, But there is a lot of Weakminded people, who will follow people like sheep.

No, wars do not make people turn to religion; religion makes people turn to war. Almost, but not quite. When a country collapses, people generally turn to religion as the infrastructure, and thus education gets ****** up and religion flourishes.

I agree that is out of order. But to say they are all freakes, is just insulting. I am a christian but i dont do all of that. I have many friends who are christians. Does that mean all Religiuos people are like that. NO

Look at muslims there is 8% of the muslim comunity ****** it the head, does that mean there all terroist. Off course it doesnt. But the same racist value applly to religion and Race.

However, the people wouldn't call you a proper Christian.

again so that means all people in the USA is like that. NO

the stuff i come out on. Yes i do come out with some harsh stuff. But to say about peoples religion is just racist. i have not said there are some nutter. off courrse therre is, But to say all of them are is just stupid. Even to say all off them in America is a stupid thing to say.
so i can only guess youve got something wrong in the head.

That depends on what you call insanity. imaginary friends, zombie salvation, magic, eating said zombie's flesh to gain entrance to Heaven... And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Have a look in the Old Testament where they gather foreskins.

Does it really make a difference?

Has joe met every single religous person in the USA? No

Are they all nutters? No

Does the fact that some religous people are crazy bastards mean you should generalise and tar them all with the same brush? No

There are a lot of ******** atheists i'm sure.:P

Of course you shouldn't tar all with the same brush. Yet there's no atheist motivation to be an *******; religious people often have things their holy books tell them to do, depending their interpretation. E.g. this link.

YouTube- Shirley Phelps-Roper on Fox News

Mature so to say i must be 12 and clueless was very mature of you, not hypocritical there at all?

Joe and Yourself said they where Nutters. I never Once said i accept Muslims blowing people up. I said to Call them all freaks was out of order, as only a small Minority off them do these things. So actually read stuff before you jump to conclusions. There PLenty off people who are not religios who will go out and Beat, Insult and Hurt Religious people all over the world, would it be fair for me to say everyone Not religious is a thug and a nutter. NO it would not, so why say it the other way.

But why would we go out of our way to harm others? There's no motivation for us to do so, unless they've come to our door and ******* annoyed us with conversion talk. And find me a link where an atheist beat someone up for being religious outside the USSR (the motivation there was that the church threatened Stalin's power, not because they were religious).

It is all about choice. the big thing, where does god cross the line from being a protector and A god. To being a over-proctive Dictator.

It is like Parentng for god. He has to let people make there own decisions whether he beileves it or not.

God is omniescient, which thus proves he knows what we're going to do, which means we don't have true free will. One of the many paradoxes in the Bible.

We can all name evil religious people and evil atheist. Two examples are the KKK (religious) and Adolf Hitler(Atheist). They are both evil and I will leave it up to you to decide who you believe to be worse but that isn't the point of this thread. I myself am a Roman Catholic and I put all my faith in God and it hasn't failed me yet. However I'm not her to turn Atheists into believers. It is your choice but don't discredit religion because there are evil people associated with it. There are evil people associated with most things but it doesn't make them bad things.

As a matter of fact, ol' Adolf was a Catholic afaik. However, he wasn't overly religious, as he saw it as weak. The only "strong" religion was islam, which he wished Germany had been blessed with. it's once again that in atheism there is no motivation to kill anyone, whereas organised religions can generally find something to reason it with if they wish. Otherwise, shouting "PAGAN" always works.

Hardly a valid reason to Gas 6million

What would you do if the government had fooled the nation into invading iraq because they were "dangerous"? Oh wait a minute!

Hitler was a complete menatlist and so is anyone who burns down gay bars or commits other crimes such as that.

That is the whole point. There are always going to be mentalists who burn down buildings, kill people start wars it makes no odds what religion they are because religion plays no part they are quite clearly just mental.

We all agree Hitler was a nutjob. However, there was no inherent atheistic teaching that said all of this. And in Christianity there's quite a bit on stoning gay men.

Nobody is arguing, it's more a debate.. And as for what would you get from it? Quite a lot, I was hoping somebody would enlighten me as to whether Christians believed this really happened? Although you did just call it a story, so it must be fictional, therefor the bible is just a big book of stories? Obviously rather than talk about it sensibly you just want to be a complete moron and try to abuse me. Although what's the point in having a convosation with you when you say things like "have a wank over it and keep ur mouth open while u at it" okay mate, I'll bare that in mind next time I come across a bible.

haha ok ok mate i gt banned for saying that. and maybe i took it the rong way. i jus fort u was being very rude about it. soz about that geeze...anyways..about the story bit. i meant yes the story....i dnt kno what to say it was. well an event then if i should be precise. and i wnt even bother start explainin on it it will tek forever. will sound mre like a church sermon haha. well once soz geeze. u can have a w*nk though if u want haha..*** onn dnt be angry over it..i mean i was, i totally fort u was actualli being rude on it. :D:D

No, wars do not make people turn to religion; religion makes people turn to war. Almost, but not quite. When a country collapses, people generally turn to religion as the infrastructure, and thus education gets ****** up and religion flourishes.

However, the people wouldn't call you a proper Christian.

That depends on what you call insanity. imaginary friends, zombie salvation, magic, eating said zombie's flesh to gain entrance to Heaven... And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Have a look in the Old Testament where they gather foreskins.

Of course you shouldn't tar all with the same brush. Yet there's no atheist motivation to be an *******; religious people often have things their holy books tell them to do, depending their interpretation. E.g. this link.

YouTube- Shirley Phelps-Roper on Fox News

But why would we go out of our way to harm others? There's no motivation for us to do so, unless they've come to our door and ******* annoyed us with conversion talk. And find me a link where an atheist beat someone up for being religious outside the USSR (the motivation there was that the church threatened Stalin's power, not because they were religious).

God is omniescient, which thus proves he knows what we're going to do, which means we don't have true free will. One of the many paradoxes in the Bible.

As a matter of fact, ol' Adolf was a Catholic afaik. However, he wasn't overly religious, as he saw it as weak. The only "strong" religion was islam, which he wished Germany had been blessed with. it's once again that in atheism there is no motivation to kill anyone, whereas organised religions can generally find something to reason it with if they wish. Otherwise, shouting "PAGAN" always works.

What would you do if the government had fooled the nation into invading iraq because they were "dangerous"? Oh wait a minute!

We all agree Hitler was a nutjob. However, there was no inherent atheistic teaching that said all of this. And in Christianity there's quite a bit on stoning gay men.

Just because Hitler was baptised as a Catholic doesn't mean he was a proper catholic, quite the opposite; he never claimed to be a Christian. A Christian wouldn't start up a church that worships the sun.

Just because Hitler was baptised as a Catholic doesn't mean he was a proper catholic, quite the opposite; he never claimed to be a Christian. A Christian wouldn't start up a church that worships the sun.

Oh definitely! Hitler's views were ridiculous, but he was no atheist. Hitler viewed the Church as having deviated from Jesus' original teachings. Take all the paedophiles in the Church that have been covered up, and even continued to do so without the Church taking action. Are they Christian?

Back