Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
Well, God may not decide whether you live or die, I may be missing something, but does it specifically say that in the bible?

Working off GCSE R.E here, but I could've sworn there was something about how if you commit suicide its a sin because you're going against God's wishes of when you die. Or something.

Also, maybe it's as a pecaution going the hospital? Maybe it's God making sure the medicine works?

Why would he need to make sure the medicine works if he can save you without it? Or indeed, if he chooses when you die? And why would you need precautions if he's going to save you or kill you, and your fate is already decided?

Let's write a book about the magical adventures of The Flying Cow. I mean, surely if people believe a man/spirit who has magic powers and built everything that we know and sent down his son who also has magic powers, they can believe in a cow that has wings, right?

Last edited:
Working off GCSE R.E here, but I could've sworn there was something about how if you commit suicide its a sin because you're going against God's wishes of when you die. Or something.

Why would he need to make sure the medicine works if he can save you without it? Or indeed, if he chooses when you die? And why would you need precautions if he's going to save you or kill you, and your fate is already decided?
We're not talking about Karma, here (6)
Also, I know suicide is a sin because God is the almighty giver of life, or something. ****, this is the last I'll post in this thread, no one can prove or disprove God, they simply cannot, it's all down to faith, and no one should be looked down upon or skitted for believing something, I do not belive in a God, but that's just my opinion

We're not talking about Karma, here (6)
Also, I know suicide is a sin because God is the almighty giver of life, or something. ****, this is the last I'll post in this thread, no one can prove or disprove God, they simply cannot, it's all down to faith, and no one should be looked down upon or skitted for believing something, I do not belive in a God, but that's just my opinion

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

DAMMIT I WILL DISPROVE GOD IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO

*pant*

:P

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended into ****.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
Amen.

Let's write a book about the magical adventures of The Flying Cow. I mean, surely if people believe a man/spirit who has magic powers and built everything that we know and sent down his son who also has magic powers, they can believe in a cow that has wings, right?

No, because I have proof right here that you made this up, lol :)

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended into ****.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
Amen.

And your evidence is?

No, because I have proof right here that you made this up, lol :)

But we've got pictures and everything!

DSCC00207.jpg

Oh yeah forgot to mention: it has a forked tongue too.

I can never hear that name without immediately remembering...

"I have a wewy gweat fwend in Wome called... Biggus... Dickus...
He had a wife you know. Incontinentia. Incontinentia BUTTOCKS."

But we've got pictures and everything!

DSCC00207.jpg

Oh yeah forgot to mention: it has a forked tongue too.

I can never hear that name without immediately remembering...

"I have a wewy gweat fwend in Wome called... Biggus... Dickus...
He had a wife you know. Incontinentia. Incontinentia BUTTOCKS."

I lol'd hard. Made my morning....

I've been/was raised Catholic [Dont go to Church anymore, explained further in],but see myself as agnostic. I don't think that a 'God' is out there, but am open to discussion about it, and wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. Yes, there is no proof, but then again I like to keep an open eye for it.

However, in times of crisis, such as Family members badly sick ect. You can't help but wish that there is a God out there. Religion is a topic I am quite fond of. Although I don't belive in the religion, I do find Buddhism fascinating.

used to think Mr Wenger was good, but for last 5 years he has been a bit of a tightfisted ****. i did try burn my church down by dropping the candle at midnight mass. anyway everyone knows that the real saviour is Brian and he was a very naughty boy

Back