Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
I'm atheist.
And I declare myself as that since just after the first communion. Before that I never really thought about it; I just went to chrch with my parents and all that.
But then I thought seriously about god and religion and realized that I don't believe in god and nothing about this at all.

1. Yes
2. Yes, I find myself religious...
3. God is good, kind.. He will help you always, just pray and confess your sins...

1) Do you Believe In God?
No.

2) Are you Religious
No.

3) Why?
The short version is that it is impossible that there be a God.
The long version is that I'm an incredibly well-informed Atheist, the best possible way to argue against the possibly of a God is to use the riddle of Epicurus (Also known as "the Epicuran paradox"). This is the riddle: "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God". You see,"God" is supposed to be all-loving, all-knowing, and all-powerful. There is evil and famine and poverty and millions of other bad things in the world, if he knows about it, and wants to, but can't stop it, he isn't all-powerful. If he knows about it and is able to stop it, but chooses not to, he isn't all-loving, and if he is able to stop it, and would want to if he knew about it, but is oblivious to evil, he isn't all-knowing. If he isn't all three of these things, then he isn't the God he has been described as, and if he's none of them, he isn't a God in the first place.

For me, it's obvious that God doesn't exist. As the bible is full of mistakes and errors, such as the Adam and eve situation, which I'm not going into now, the bible also says that the earth was about 5000 years old, when in fact it's millions of years old. I'm also curios as to why the bible doesn't mention dinosaurs or anything. Just a myth that got out of hand

1) Do you Believe In God?
No.

2) Are you Religious
No.

3) Why?
The short version is that it is impossible that there be a God.
The long version is that I'm an incredibly well-informed Atheist, the best possible way to argue against the possibly of a God is to use the riddle of Epicurus (Also known as "the Epicuran paradox"). This is the riddle: "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God". You see,"God" is supposed to be all-loving, all-knowing, and all-powerful. There is evil and famine and poverty and millions of other bad things in the world, if he knows about it, and wants to, but can't stop it, he isn't all-powerful. If he knows about it and is able to stop it, but chooses not to, he isn't all-loving, and if he is able to stop it, and would want to if he knew about it, but is oblivious to evil, he isn't all-knowing. If he isn't all three of these things, then he isn't the God he has been described as, and if he's none of them, he isn't a God in the first place.

Genius

You are now my GOD, i am am your loyal servant

Frankly speaking yes......I do belive that their is an alimighty force above us but I belive that a person should not rely too much on God instead he should stand up on his confidence

For me, it's obvious that God doesn't exist. As the bible is full of mistakes and errors, such as the Adam and eve situation, which I'm not going into now, the bible also says that the earth was about 5000 years old, when in fact it's millions of years old. I'm also curios as to why the bible doesn't mention dinosaurs or anything. Just a myth that got out of hand
Please do

Right, the universe was started with a bang of energy and light, yeah, What started that? Maybe there is a God, but just perhaps not according to the Bible? Our world is so fantastically made, Water, brains, Etc.

Also,
If money is the root of all evil, why does the church collect it every Sunday?

This is something that intrigued me, and why does the Pope have so much of it

I believe you need to read this:

I believe in God but I dont go to church and I only pray when Im really in a bad situation, to quote from Rocky Balboa ,

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

I quoted this because I think it shows were on this planet for a test and everyone makes their own choices in life

Please do

Right, the universe was started with a bang of energy and light, yeah, What started that? Maybe there is a God, but just perhaps not according to the Bible? Our world is so fantastically made, Water, brains, Etc.

Also,
If money is the root of all evil, why does the church collect it every Sunday?

This is something that intrigued me, and why does the Pope have so much of it

I would just like to say that I like the way this guy approaches this subject, If more people were like him the world would not be filled with so many arguments. In earlier posts, he says he doesn't believe in God himself, but, yet, he takes part in conversations regarding the subject and doesn't slag it off. In a similiar way, I do believe in God, but I don't preach to others or try to force my opinion on them and I also believe in science -- personally, I think the two can exist together. And I don't understand why we have to be so terrible to each other (in the main) when this subject arises. In all honesty, it doesn't matter if I believe in it and someone else doesn't. My faith will not affect their life and vice versa. One of us will be right, but we will not find out until our final day -- or until someone drops in to say hello.

I have actually enjoyed reading through this thread and seeing how you all have a different opinion on the Religion and Science aspect of how it all began. I am agnostic and I keep an open mind and I honestly believe science and religion go hand in hand together.

We have been told the by scientists that the universe was created by atoms colliding together so how was that possible?

If their was absolutely nothing/zero/zilch in the vast emptiness of nothingness how come there was atoms flying around. It would not be possible because if there was nothing then atoms would not exist. You cant create something out of nothing.

So if there was atomic particles that collided together then who or what created these atomic particles in the first place and how did they get there when there was nothing.?

So if it was a single entity that created these particles then what created the single entity?
We needed atomic particles to collide to create the universe and life so surely that means the entity cant be of human shape or form as we are led to believe and many people worship. So what created us in the first place?

The answer is we will never ever know and thats why those who believe in the science will never be converted to believe in a god and those who believe in religion will never be convinced that the world was created by a mass implosion of atomic particles colliding together and to me thats why this world needs both Science and religion to keep us going and thats why both should be respected.

Last edited:
The answer is we will never ever know and thats why those who believe in the science will never be converted to believe in a god and those who believe in religion will never be convinced that the world was created by a mass implosion of atomic particles colliding together and to me thats why this world needs both Science and religion to keep us going and thats why both should be respected.

So your argument for religion is that because we can't prove how the universe started it's ok to believe in creationism?

At least with the big bang there are pieces of evidence that indicate some sort of event did actually happen. Some cosmologists have recently presented a theory of a Big Bang-less creation, which still has some (big) flaws at the moment but it's really interesting reading what they have to say on the subject.

For creationism on the other hand, there isn't even a shred of credibility to it all.

i only beleive in what can be scientifically proven.
any garbage trying to be run down my throat will be ignored.

So your argument for religion is that because we can't prove how the universe started it's ok to believe in creationism?

As I said earlier I have an open mind and for those who want to believe in it then yes of course they can. I am not saying I do. I said all the theories should be repected as there is not a definite answer. Until the time that we all know for sure how we came about then we should be receptive to different ideas also.

if it can be scientifically proven that a higher being exists then i will beleive, but until then i have my doubts...that goes for more then god, it goes for anything. i think its a gift to beleive in something. i truley do. i wish i can beleive...."i had a bad day or the gf broke up with me im depressed..." its okay because god loves all...i beleive more in evolution then him. idk now im just rambling so ill shut up haha.

God? Who's he?

A comment like this is really really pointless, to say God? Who's he. Why dont you just say, i do not believe in god. Instead of saying some un funny disrespectful comment.

God? Who's he?
bit of a pointless comment. this is a place for putting forward why you believe/dont believe in God. not for making snide back handed comments.

I'm opened minded to the idea of a god, and i cant see why science and religion must be totally divided. there are in fact many scientists who are religious. I dont believe in the bible, ore God as described in the bible, or in creationism at all, but i do wonder what started the big bang, we know so little about whats out there, maybe out there is some god-like being out

actually over 60% scientists are straight up atheists. this thread should have never been made. people will argue religion till the world freezes over...

Back