Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
1) No

2) No

3) I believe that religion was a scape goat for everything that wasnt understood back then. You'll notice that religions are all similar in the fact their Messiahs all follow the Astrological Cycle of the sun etc etc. Zeitgeist's movie is also another eye-opener.

actually over 60% scientists are straight up atheists. this thread should have never been made. people will argue religion till the world freezes over...
i say many, not the majority, there is a difference

No.

However, I do believe that Jesus was a thoroughly good, (and probably quite liberal) bloke. Religion creates too much suffering to seem right, imo. What kind of god would let his "subjects" kill each other, etc

Actually, come to think of it, I am a follower of his noodly appendage. :P

Last edited:
Medievel times, and Christianity was a brutal religion, using lines of the bible as an excuse to kill many, and force people to join it.

Of course the old biddies who go to church nowadays dont know that....

actually over 60% scientists are straight up atheists. this thread should have never been made. people will argue religion till the world freezes over...

The greatest scientist of the last century was open to both science and religion. Albert Einstein.

If there was no stupid religions , and daft beliefs , many world wars would have there been ?

Religion is the route cause of most wars and terrorist attacks if you will .
I'm glad I am not one of the people who believe in a mythical being and believe he will sort out all my problems and if he doesn't its just his will .
Religion is and always will be a governments way of controlling a population by forcing them to believe in something that has no meaning at all , the bible is nothing more than a book of astrology read it properly and you will understand .

So my conclusion is no I don't believe in god and I never will ohhh watch that lightning bolt , BEHAVE

If there was no stupid religions , and daft beliefs , many world wars would have there been ?

I'm glad I am not one of the people who believe in a mythical being and believe he will sort out all my problems and if he doesn't its just his will .
Religion is and always will be a governments way of controlling a population by forcing them to believe in something that has no meaning at all , the bible is nothing more than a book of astrology read it properly and you will understand .

So my conclusion is no I don't believe in god and I never will ohhh watch that lightning bolt , BEHAVE
religion was around long before governments were.

there have been two world wars, and neither were started by religion, and they killed more people than all the wars in history put together

and is there really any need to make snide backhanded comments about religion

Calling him a mythical being, without proof is foolish andnot thoughtful, as TheMadSheep said about the goverments

Its a thread asking me if i believe in him so whats your problem ? you have your opinion and i have mine simple as that m8

Walrus find me proof that Jesus or god exists ?

Its a thread asking me if i believe in him so whats your problem ? you have your opinion and i have mine simple as that m8
It asks do you believe in God, not "Let's skit the Bible, and God without proper reasoning"

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I can't, that's the fact, just like you cannot prove he dosen't. It's all down to one word

Faith.

I gave my reasons tho just coming in and saying no would have been without reasons

Why have threads on the site asking for opinions if people just ******* attack it anyways i really dont see the point you have ur choice to believe i have mine not to believe

you can you dont believe in him while showing some respect for those who do. i dont believe in god as is written in the bible, but i dont feel the need to act superior or ridicule those who do

while do both "sides" feel the need to demean the other, that for me is the source of conflict

Lol bunch of people looking for arguements if you ask me , make me change my opinion until then just **** off

I am entitled to opinion just like everyone else

Last edited:
Lol bunch of people looking for arguements if you ask me , make me change my opinion until then just **** off

I am entitled to opinion just like everyone else
sigh no one was question your opinion. i was telling you not to be so rude. its possible to make a point without having to be offensive

K i understand , maybe i should have thought of the religious people that would be viewing the thread also and maybe don't like the facts , i aint looking for arguments cause i cant be bothered i always end up getting banned , so this will be my last post on this thread and make way for the posts that are relevant to the question .

By the way, God may or may not have existed, but Jesus did, there are records, etc.

As I said earlier I have an open mind and for those who want to believe in it then yes of course they can. I am not saying I do. I said all the theories should be repected as there is not a definite answer. Until the time that we all know for sure how we came about then we should be receptive to different ideas also.

Fair enough having an open mind but in my opinion there's a difference between an open mind and ignorance, just because there's no evidence for something then it shouldn't give people a reason for believing in it.

The greatest scientist of the last century was open to both science and religion. Albert Einstein.

Exactly;

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."​

They do, and should live side by side.​

Your instincts are your true God.

-Doug Stanhope.

Back