Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
What religion are you thread debate can continue here, on the first religion debate thread

why, its a controversial subject that can get heated, but its always interesting

why, its a controversial subject that can get heated, but its always interesting

I completely agree with what you say there, but, on the other hand, it does get tedious when it becomes (as it often does in these threads) a witchhunt.

Where is God ? Isn't he supposed to protect people ? With all the **** going on, he doesn't help anyone .. When people are dying, getting mugged where is he ? god is a fantasy ..

Yeah I believe in god

And I do think no one can blame god on what's happenin to the world, its our fault really

I don't, and never have believed in God. My view is, the Earth Solar System, Universe etc was created by atoms, dust and other materials, and humans evolved naturally.
However, I have no qualms with people who believe in God. If they chose to believe in a greater being, who gives them hope in a dark time in their lives, or just in general, entirely up to them. If it brings them comfort and happiness, thats good.
What i DO object to, are the ultras, who prey on the weak and vulnerable, saying that if they choose not to believe in this, or believe in that, they are damned and will spend eternity in ****. That is the only thing I object too. Apart from that, I don't insult them or judge them.

Where is God ? Isn't he supposed to protect people ? With all the **** going on, he doesn't help anyone .. When people are dying, getting mugged where is he ? god is a fantasy ..

Well, people have to die. Can't keep living forever. It all stems from the apparent whole Adam & Eve bit.

Good game us Free will, We use Free will to our ways, We decide whether we murder, Rape or Steal. God gave us the tools to make this place brilliant, and we have ruined it. Dont blame god for bad stuff or use it as Stupid proof he doesnt exists

PS here we go again,

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

I don't, and never have believed in God. My view is, the Earth Solar System, Universe etc was created by atoms, dust and other materials, and humans evolved naturally.
However, I have no qualms with people who believe in God. If they chose to believe in a greater being, who gives them hope in a dark time in their lives, or just in general, entirely up to them. If it brings them comfort and happiness, thats good.
What i DO object to, are the ultras, who prey on the weak and vulnerable, saying that if they choose not to believe in this, or believe in that, they are damned and will spend eternity in ****. That is the only thing I object too. Apart from that, I don't insult them or judge them.

Your very much like me, I Beileve in god, but have no problem in Non Beilevers apart from when they try to preach to me. what is wrong with it all, and change me.

Last edited:

Not to be rude mate, but your saying that it was by chance that the earth was made in the exact place, because if we were any nearer to the sun, we would burn and if we were further, we would freeze. So we were placed in the perfect spot by chance

Good game us Free will, We use Free will to our ways, We decide whether we murder, Rape or Steal. Good gave us the tools to make this place brilliant, and we have ruined it. Dont blame god for bad stuff or use it as Stupid proof he doesnt exists

PS here we go again,

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Your very much like me, I Beileve in god, but have no problem in Non Beilevers apart from when they try to preach to me. what is wrong with it all, and change me.

What about people who kill in the name of god Scott ? Do you believe in god ?

I don't just because i believe there is more holes in the bible than their has been in Chelsea's defence recently. Although i have no problem with people who do believe in god i just don't wish to hear about how they can prove he is real etc etc.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins.

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy." - David Brooks.

A few quotes that explain my reasoning behind my atheism. No problem with others that choose not to believe in God, except when they get in my face about it.

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins.

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy." - David Brooks.

A few quotes that explain my reasoning behind my atheism. No problem with others that choose not to believe in God, except when they get in my face about it.

What about people who kill in the name of god Scott ? Do you believe in god ?

Yes i do, That doesnt make Religion wrong because of a minority of people. Who use there free will to use God as an excuse for cold murder.

Not to be rude mate, but your saying that it was by chance that the earth was made in the exact place, because if we were any nearer to the sun, we would burn and if we were further, we would freeze. So we were placed in the perfect spot by chance

Your argument doesn't work. If that coincidence never happened, then we wouldn't be here to consider such a rare event not happening. I don't think you appreciate the sheer size of the universe. An unlikely event? Yes. With the given amounts of chances it's given to happen, is it likely to happen? Yes.

We also live in a world with the concept of infinity, the universe is infinitely large, and there's an infinite amount of possible universes. So yes, it's perfectly possible that we're here by chance. Aren't you here as you are because of chance? I mean the millions of possible combinations of genes that were possible, and here you are as you, one change in that pattern and you'd be a different person.

I'm no expert on science or anything, but tbh it probably is just luck the solar system was made in this spot. I'm not even going to attempt to explain it, because well, I don't know. But gravity played a part.
I think it's more important to have belief in one's self to be honest. Believe in yourself, and better yourself when you can, and respect others. That's my belief.
And if my views on creation offend anyone, I apologise. I don't intend to dismiss what you believe in, it's just what I believe in. Nothing more than that.

If we were any closer or further apart we'd adapt like we have to this spot.

I believe in a god but dont follow a religion.

Fluke chance, that's all we are.

in my opinion, of course

I'm no expert on science or anything, but tbh it probably is just luck the solar system was made in this spot. I'm not even going to attempt to explain it, because well, I don't know. But gravity played a part.
I think it's more important to have belief in one's self to be honest. Believe in yourself, and better yourself when you can, and respect others. That's my belief.
And if my views on creation offend anyone, I apologise. I don't intend to dismiss what you believe in, it's just what I believe in. Nothing more than that.

Stephen Hawking said: "Because there is such a force as gravity, the universe can and will create itself" We actually know very, very little about gravity, I suspect when we increase our understanding of that, then we'll understand our universe a whole lot better.

If we put things into prospective, we are one of eight planets orbiting a sun. Our sun is one of billions orbiting in a galaxy. There are approximately 200 billion galaxies in the know universe. Even if there was just one planet per star, then we are looking at 40 trillion planets in the universe. And that's a very inaccurate number, probably too low. So, suddenly the chance of us having a life harbouring planet aren't so bad. And as I said, we can only consider how lucky we are since that lucky event happened.

If we were any closer or further apart we'd adapt like we have to this spot.

I believe in a god but dont follow a religion.

No we wouldn't, life requires very specific conditions.

Back