Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
There is no solid proof that anything exists.

There is solid proof that i am writing this. The fact that it can be aknowledged by everyone else makes it solid, real. There is solid proof that Spain won the World Cup, and that the World Cup exists.

As far as God is concerned, i rank him in the same level that i rank minotaurs, unicorns, leprechauns and so on.

There is solid proof that i am writing this. The fact that it can be aknowledged by everyone else makes it solid, real. There is solid proof that Spain won the World Cup, and that the World Cup exists.

As far as God is concerned, i rank him in the same level that i rank minotaurs, unicorns, leprechauns and so on.
Do you have any proof that you are not merely being eluded that reality is reality as you envision it?

There is no solid proof that anything exists.

You know.

Just saying.

What, you're suggesting we're all copped up in the Matrix? It may be the case, but we're considering material objects as real for the sake of the discussion.

Glad you separated Atheist and Agnostic. I'm Agnostic meaning i do believe there is more but not sure what. An Atheist believes there is nothing after this. In a way i tend to reincarnation :) What i don't believe is the creation by God, nor i believe in Heaven or ****. Unless you can call the latter marriage ;)

Nuclear weapons thats another debate, did you know they are still effecting new borns today, 60 years on... Wow eh?

anyway way to tired to cont tonight, leave your reply and i get back to you 2mo.

Are you actually suggesting science is bad?

I don't believe there is a God, I enjoy the science aspect to life. but funnily enough, I do believe in some sort of afterlife, re-born again theory. People say they see the light at the end of the tunnel, maybe that's what being born again is, the light as you're being born. I see religion as nothing other than false hope and a worldwide 'problem'. I don't look down on people who do believe and I would never try to steer them away from it but I do often question people about subtle things such as the existance of pre-historic life-forms in relation to adam and eve being the first beings on earth.. It's just a bit of banter, nothing harmless and it often brings up really good, in-depth discussions!

If you want to beleive, that's brilliant, at least you can be at rest for the rest of eternity, but for us who don't believe, there is always the question of 'What happens when we do die!?' We just live life as it comes without looking for a meaning to it.

I believe in God and respect my religion and other religions, but I chose to worship god in my own way....just by not being a **** :P I'm catholic, but I like the teachings of Buddhism

Belief is the lack of knowledge. In believing there is a god religous people disqualify themselves as if there truly was a god they would not have to believe, they would know there is a god.

1) No

2)No

3) It hasn't been proven, and as someone said earlier, the most likely option is that God isn't there

On the first day God created man.......

On the first day man created God........ That sounds more like it.

im not sure because i dont believe in the big bang but then it does seem far too magical that one man or being could create the world and our universe

although i often get a sore head when i start to think where did earth come from, where did the organisms that caused the big bang(if it happened) come from, have they always been there and will they always be there

ive got a sore head now actually XD

Why do people insist on debating over an issue like this where a person's beliefs are generally very deeply ingrained and you have no hope of making the other side concede to your views? Even if organised religion and it's in your face righteousness ****** you off, by arguing back you're being just as annoying and pressing with your views.

Why do people insist on debating over an issue like this where a person's beliefs are generally very deeply ingrained and you have no hope of making the other side concede to your views? Even if organised religion and it's in your face righteousness ****** you off, by arguing back you're being just as annoying and pressing with your views.

Wasn't that what the Cold War was all about and we won in the end?

I'm not annoyed by Scott's belief; a forum is made for debating and arguing.

And btw, Shadowlords PRAWN Minax, True Britannians and Council of Mages.

Personally I don't really see the point of debating over the existance the God.

Belief or non belief is such an entrenched part of peoples lives, meaning that it would be incredibly difficult to try and convince somebody to change their opinion.

I am agnostic. I simply do not know whether God exists or not, I have thought about it a lot but I simply cannot be certain either way. Instead I will live my life, enjoy every moment and I guess when I die I will find out.

Also remember, we have all already been dead for billions of years before we were born, and that doesn't seem to have done us one bit of harm.

I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to **** if I’m ‘bad’.

Just be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one.

You can't die if you haven't already existed, so no, we haven't been dead for billions of years, just non-existant, but I see what you mean. My strongest view on to death is that it's just a big, long-*** sleep! And I love sleeping, so sleeping without ever having to wake up sounds ****** brilliant to me :D

You can't die if you haven't already existed, so no, we haven't been dead for billions of years, just non-existant, but I see what you mean. My strongest view on to death is that it's just a big, long-*** sleep! And I love sleeping, so sleeping without ever having to wake up sounds ****** brilliant to me :D

I'd prefer to never need to sleep to be honest. You'd live twice as long in a way

I wouldn't. I'd look like ****. like something out of Dawn of the dead lol

Back