Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
I wouldn't. I'd look like ****. like something out of Dawn of the dead lol

Lol but I mean NEED, like the body does not need the sleep process at all to function correctly :P

I dont know about God, but I cant get my head around the "nothingness" outside of the universe lol

Lol but I mean NEED, like the body does not need the sleep process at all to function correctly :P

I dont know about God, but I cant get my head around the "nothingness" outside of the universe lol

don't worry, apparently the edge of the universe is just some sort of information and beyond that are an infinite number of universes. In any case it's possible reality, as we percieve it, is just a holographic projection

don't worry, apparently the edge of the universe is just some sort of information and beyond that are an infinite number of universes. In any case it's possible reality, as we percieve it, is just a holographic projection

call me a wilf, but what do you mean?

The body needs sleep to regenerate all our major organs.. Lol. Sleep deprivation can kill you.

The body needs sleep to regenerate all our major organs.. Lol. Sleep deprivation can kill you.

I know.... Im saying if I didnt NEED sleep. As in my body would work fine without it...

And I would have way more time on my hands to do things!.

Anyway, this is off topic. Apologies

call me a wilf, but what do you mean?

it's hard to explain, considering i- nor the people who propose the idea, actually understand it fully.
basically the concept of reality possibly just being a three dimensional hologram, it's difficult to comprehend since we percieve time as linear but, for example, if you stood on an event horizon you would be able to see all of time.

also when i say hologram i mean like the kind which when you look at it from different angles it moves, if you get me?

How would we know that we had all just died simultaneously this second in a nuclear holocaust which has wiped the world out? We could all be spirits, just sat here on our spirit computers...

it's hard to explain, considering i- nor the people who propose the idea, actually understand it fully.
basically the concept of reality possibly just being a three dimensional hologram, it's difficult to comprehend since we percieve time as linear but, for example, if you stood on an event horizon you would be able to see all of time.

also when i say hologram i mean like the kind which when you look at it from different angles it moves, if you get me?

I think I get what you mean aye. Least you cleared it up :)

So the bible is worth nowt how does anybody know that the bible is not worth the paper it is written on, I bet the majority of people on this forum celebrated Christmas if so WHY?

Is Christmas not a Christian celebration the birth of Jesus. So why celebrate

if i am reposting... sorry but christmas is a pagen holiday... not christian

I didn't celebrate Christmas, I just used it as an excuse to spend £1,000 in a week and to get absolutely slaughtered!

I didn't celebrate Christmas, I just used it as an excuse to spend £1,000 in a week and to get absolutely slaughtered!

I celebrate Christmas (or Yule/Jul as it's called in Norway) in connection with Åsgårdsreia, or the Wild Hunt as you uncivilised Christians call it. We celebrated it way before any Kvitekrist came to Norway. As a matter of fact, the stave church closest to my mountainhome has got a ceiling that can be knocked away to reveal the old pagan gods from before the weakening of our nation. Yes, that's how old some our stave churches are, essentially just converted shrine to ol' One Eyed Odin.

Yes, Yes
For me god is real I'm not going to tell people why they should or shouldn't believe or tell them how they are going to **** if they don't because it different for everyone. all i know is god has changed my life for the better and i praise him for it
Yes it might sound cheesy but I couldn't care less

Someone watched Horizon the other night? The concept is that black holes have an event horizon (Where anything past it cannot escape, not even light.) But Hawking proved that black holes can disappear over time, but if they disappear, then where did everything that was stored inside it go? It's described as the holographic principle which I know nothing of, but the same may apply to our universe, where information on our reality is stored at the edge of the universe and projected out.

Also, if you investigate the possibility of infinite parallel universe it explains what may be outside our universe.

To those saying it's pointless to discuss? No one is trying to convert the other, if you're not allowed to debate, why have a forum in the first place?

Thread needs m0ar Carlin:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o"]YouTube - George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.[/ame]

Someone watched Horizon the other night? The concept is that black holes have an event horizon (Where anything past it cannot escape, not even light.) But Hawking proved that black holes can disappear over time, but if they disappear, then where did everything that was stored inside it go? It's described as the holographic principle which I know nothing of, but the same may apply to our universe, where information on our reality is stored at the edge of the universe and projected out.

Also, if you investigate the possibility of infinite parallel universe it explains what may be outside our universe.

To those saying it's pointless to discuss? No one is trying to convert the other, if you're not allowed to debate, why have a forum in the first place?

YouTube - George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.

i did catch some of it, but it was from a fe wother programmes and a book i tried reading with regards to how protons act and the implications of quantam physics.
such things as protons existing in two places at once unless you look at them, all very odd.
but i find it somewhat comforting to thing of how insignificant we really are

Yes, Yes
For me god is real I'm not going to tell people why they should or shouldn't believe or tell them how they are going to **** if they don't because it different for everyone. all i know is god has changed my life for the better and i praise him for it
Yes it might sound cheesy but I couldn't care less

Exactly the point I made earlier

35244_133674106664427_100000655147223_234560_7673555_n.jpg

i did catch some of it, but it was from a fe wother programmes and a book i tried reading with regards to how protons act and the implications of quantam physics.
such things as protons existing in two places at once unless you look at them, all very odd.
but i find it somewhat comforting to thing of how insignificant we really are

Yes, quantum mechanics is bizarre. The rules there do nothing in the mechanics of the real world. And then relativistic mechanics is very different. Unification of those theories will be a huge step forward.

"The god excuse, the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." George Carlin.

YouTube - George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.

There was an article in a Norwegian newspaper where an astronomer laid out a theory for an infinite amount of alternative universes. And Event Horizon is ******* awesome. The best thing about alternative universes is it allows for this -

http://faroutshirts.com/images/Cthulhu4Prez-Preview.png

do i belive in god = yes

my reason = call it anything you want but i've always belived in him from been a young child and i also belive hes been there to help my best mate recover from a broken back to be perfectly fine and i also belive hes been there to help my nana trough her illness.

and in other news i have a tattoo on my forearm saying "god can't take me to what he cant take me through" :)

Back