Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
do i belive in god = yes

my reason = call it anything you want but i've always belived in him from been a young child and i also belive hes been there to help my best mate recover from a broken back to be perfectly fine and i also belive hes been there to help my nana trough her illness.

and in other news i have a tattoo on my forearm saying "god can't take me to what he cant take me through" :)

Did your best mate have any medical treatment? Did your nana get any medical treatment?

If so, I think your thanks are misplaced. I'd thank the doctors.

do i belive in god = yes

my reason = call it anything you want but i've always belived in him from been a young child and i also belive hes been there to help my best mate recover from a broken back to be perfectly fine and i also belive hes been there to help my nana trough her illness.

and in other news i have a tattoo on my forearm saying "god can't take me to what he cant take me through" :)

Sums up one of my major gripes with religion.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

And be annoyed at the God that let it/made it happen ;)

Funny how it's a miracle when someone's cured, but that God's plan when they're stricken down. Amazing how that works. XD

There's quite a few people who celebrate Christmas because of how the corporates have turned it into a festivities - excess shopping holiday and set aside the true meaning to fill their pockets.

You don't really celebrate St. George's for a dragon-slayer, you celebrate it for how it has affected culture and its newfound meaning.

personally i celebrate christmas because i've made my family happy and smile, and keep them safe secure. We couldn't really care less for the corporate side. Same with New Year. Just a celebration of another year of happiness with my fiance and family

Always wondered why more theists didn't just ignore hospitals, seeing as it's god's will whether they live or die anyway...

Yes it's awful, but Science gave the technology, but it didn't pull the trigger. On the flip side, Science has touched each and everyone of our lives with rapid advancement in the past 90 years: Internet, phones, TV, medicine, transport, energy resources etc. I guess I just value things that physically advance ourselves and we can prove exist rather than blind faith.

Are you actually suggesting science is bad?

I never once said that, Science is knowledge was quoted at me, and i Simple referred to, Too much knowledge is dangerous..... Take from that what you will, Science needs religion to know the morale grounds, and Religion needs science to supress the Extremist...

35244_133674106664427_100000655147223_234560_7673555_n.jpg

Wow...... You Kid.

Did your best mate have any medical treatment? Did your nana get any medical treatment?

If so, I think your thanks are misplaced. I'd thank the doctors.

Sorry but his faith, stays that God created the doctors possibily, and god can help people through mental problems as well as Physical,. sometimes slef belief that god is on your side, really does help.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Funny how it's a miracle when someone's cured, but that God's plan when they're stricken down. Amazing how that works. XD

Always wondered why more theists didn't just ignore hospitals, seeing as it's god's will whether they live or die anyway...

Short answer, is i dont know why we still go to hospitals, Fear and hope must be one of the reasons. Maybe it is the fact, that if gods will is for me to die. I will die in that hospital anyway, and if it is for me to live, they will save me.... i cant answer that for you, as i said, i dont now the answer.

I never once said that, Science is knowledge was quoted at me, and i Simple referred to, Too much knowledge is dangerous..... Take from that what you will, Science needs religion to know the morale grounds, and Religion needs science to supress the Extremist...

**** no, then we'd be back to experimenting on Jews for killing Jeebus and gays for being abominations. Science requires ethics, but certainly not once based on religion.

Wow...... You Kid.

And if you were a Muslim (of the extreme sort) you would be compelled to murder whoever made this. But it's okay, you'd get golden camels and 72 virgins.

Sorry but his faith, stays that God created the doctors possibily, and god can help people through mental problems as well as Physical,. sometimes slef belief that god is on your side, really does help.

Seriously, sort your punctuation and capitalisation out, it's getting wearisome. And yes, it's known as a placebo effect, but if you ask someone if they'd want a placebo or the real deal... Well you know.

Short answer, is i dont know why we still go to hospitals, Fear and hope must be one of the reasons. Maybe it is the fact, that if gods will is for me to die. I will die in that hospital anyway, and if it is for me to live, they will save me.... i cant answer that for you, as i said, i dont now the answer.

Here we've got a problem. If God's planning on you dying, and you can do **** all about it, do you have any free will? Like if God gives you the choice between eternal slavery or torture, and if he already knows the answer why even ask? Also, if you're omniscient, wouldn't that prove fate, and thus no free will?

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in God, God believes in Chuck Norris ^^)

the face is, we could sit and talk about this all day everyday, but we will never find out till the end
i will follow my beliefs and you can yours

There's quite a few people who celebrate Christmas because of how the corporates have turned it into a festivities - excess shopping holiday and set aside the true meaning to fill their pockets.

You don't really celebrate St. George's for a dragon-slayer, you celebrate it for how it has affected culture and its newfound meaning.

christmas makes more sense to celebrate, it's just a mid winter festival celebrated by many cultures before christianity. it was just easier for the Romans to attach Jesus' birthday to a pre existing holiday

also St George is a syrian, Orthodox saint. I have no idea how he becamethe patron saint of England as England has never been Orthodox or blighted by dragons

EDIT:
also i have no beef with the religious except when;
a) they claim judgement day is coming and basically use it as an excuse for not living for the present or even improving it
b) when they tell an athiest "what if you're wrong?"; religion is not an insurance policy for the afterlife
c) they are ignorant of their own holy book and are basically massive hypocrits
e.g; call yourself a Christian then do as Christ taught; don't be rich, always turn the other cheek, always help others regardless of their colour, creed etc
i was taught that Christians cannot pick and choose which parts of their religion they follow, they have to follow the new covenent or they are just jews

Last edited:
**** no, then we'd be back to experimenting on Jews for killing Jeebus and gays for being abominations. Science requires ethics, but certainly not once based on religion.

And if you were a Muslim (of the extreme sort) you would be compelled to murder whoever made this. But it's okay, you'd get golden camels and 72 virgins.

Seriously, sort your punctuation and capitalisation out, it's getting wearisome. And yes, it's known as a placebo effect, but if you ask someone if they'd want a placebo or the real deal... Well you know.

Here we've got a problem. If God's planning on you dying, and you can do **** all about it, do you have any free will? Like if God gives you the choice between eternal slavery or torture, and if he already knows the answer why even ask? Also, if you're omniscient, wouldn't that prove fate, and thus no free will?

So Religion isn't the base of the majority of our laws and rules in Society? If there was no religion all them years ago, the rules would of been made by the rich to help the rich. Anything would of been allowed.

I am not a muslin or a extremist though, i feel if a religious person made a post with an image taking the **** out of non believers, you guys would slaughter him. So why cant i tell him he is a kid, for posting some image clearly not needed/

Who says people also get a choice, i have situations i have to make do with what i get, i am sure you have.

God plans on when i die, but he doesnt plan on how i live my life, Hence Free Will.

My Grammar may be bad, but i am very hung over, and stuidily tired.. So **** it.

So Religion isn't the base of the majority of our laws and rules in Society? If there was no religion all them years ago, the rules would of been made by the rich to help the rich. Anything would of been allowed.

you cannot seriously be ******** me

you cannot seriously be ******** me

Honeslty you dont think Religion is the base of Law and Society in the modern Day... Laws are based on Religious teaching. I thought that was a well known peice of Knowledge. Even amongst kids.

There are not really atheist... All of you that claim that you are atheists when you will be in difficult moment in your lifes you ask the help of the God...

There are not really atheist... All of you that claim that you are atheists when you will be in difficult moment in your lifes you ask the help of the God...

what about the help of cheese?

anyway like i said religion is a waste of time..

Honeslty you dont think Religion is the base of Law and Society in the modern Day... Laws are based on Religious teaching. I thought that was a well known peice of Knowledge. Even amongst kids.

I would imagine they had "laws" before the bible was written, the "religious teachings" you are talking about is just common sense.

thats Unfair mate, People can be atheist. Not everyone asks for gods help when in need

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

I would imagine they had "laws" before the bible was written, the "religious teachings" you are talking about is just common sense.

the laws where sent by the kings.. The Kings law was rule. These laws helped build a fairer Society.

no,that you implied rules and laws in society are not made by the rich and powerful for themselves. and infact for suggesting that religion is the basis of society rather than a product of it.

religion, like all other parts of social organization is built around productive forces to preserve it.
for examples Christianity in the middle ages was used to establish a 'grand hierarchy'; with god appionted kings at the top, serfs, peasents and some animals at the bottom.
this was to advance and ensure the productive methods of the day were preserved (Feudal system)

your suggesting laws basis are always within religion? perhaps in many western societies, but for one there are many other forms of social organization (e.g Native american laws- invention of federal government etc) and alot of laws today stem from the French revolution which was a total rejection of the old religious order

the laws where sent by the kings.. The Kings law was rule. These laws helped build a fairer Society.

as opposed to the laws of sent by the Kings in the middle ages? they were always fair and just, such as outlawing vagrancy and taxing candles, fairer indeed.

also ancient society had laws built on consensus and/or religion too

Last edited:
Back