Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
God. God is the uncaused cause

Tell me why God must be the uncaused cause. If we're going to claim that God can be an uncaused cause, then there's equally as much right to claim the Big Bang was the first cause too. The God excuse is exceptional at explaining the unexplainable in an unexplainable way. Theists cover their God with all sorts of rules and exceptions to prevent his existence being torn apart, but it's the fact that it's the humans saying "God gives us free will" etc.

This is said about him to protect his existence, why are we, as advanced a society we have become, still creating excuse to protect the existence of something with no evidence to support it? Madness.

Okay Ill ask you what caused the big bang
Just because scientists don't yet know the cause or the meaning of the universe doesn't mean we should all believe it was the work of a mythical being. We have much still to learn.

Pretty sure I answered that in my post, read it before you question it maybe? I'd rather be a scientist trying to discover the cause for the big bang, than the priest searching for the cause of God.

I'm neither, but my whole argument of the big bang theory is something caused it right but something caused the cause big bang and then something caused the cause of the cause of the big bang and etc etc. My teacher said its too simply of an idea to say that something as small as a proton exploded expanding very rapidly faster then the speed of light dimissing Einstein theory of relativity forming into stars and galaxies. Here's an experiment for someone: Go to the bin and pick out two pieces of garbage, then throw them in the air. If you get a beautiful new sports car, the Big Bang Theory is true. nothing comes from nothing

I'm neither, but my whole argument of the big bang theory is something caused it right but something caused the cause big bang and then something caused the cause of the cause of the big bang and etc etc. My teacher said its too simply of an idea to say that something as small as a proton exploded expanding very rapidly faster then the speed of light dimissing Einstein theory of relativity forming into stars and galaxies. Here's an experiment for someone: Go to the bin and pick out two pieces of garbage, then throw them in the air. If you get a beautiful new sports car, the Big Bang Theory is true. nothing comes from nothing

Your teacher is wrong. It's called physics. If I were your parents, I would report the teacher to relevant teaching board.

Go learn about string theory, parallel universe, gravitation etc. before you question the big bang theory, and stop taking physics lessons from your R.E. teacher. a) Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. b) Relativistic mechanics has been proven correct. Put a clock in a satellite orbiting the Earth, and it'd end up out of sync and the satellite would come out of orbit. c) I don't even see what you're trying to say with the bin, the big bang is believed to have been started by an incredibly tiny, dense hot piece of matter. Bit of a difference with your every day garbage. Go get a piece of bread, pray for it be two pieces of bread. You see, I have evidence for why the big bang theory won't work in that way, but you have no evidence for why praying shouldn't turn the bread into two.

Nothing comes from nothing, you're right. Energy must be conserved. So the energy stored by the matter before the big bang is equal to the energy in the universe. Physics tells us this. Where did the energy to create God come from? And please don't answer back asking what caused the big bang, and then explain using your bullshit wrong Science why it's wrong. We don't know what caused it, but we have theories, and we have experiments to test them. What does religion have to show for it? If it was down to religion science would never have been allowed to advance this far. (They gave Gallileo a real fun time right?)

Your teacher is wrong. It's called physics. If I were your parents, I would report the teacher to relevant teaching board.

He was a Reglious Education Teacher saying the universe and all its glory is to complex to just come from a big bang he compared it to a watch, but I ask this if the universe was created by a big bang did the big bang create evolution?
Also I wouldnt have him reported because that was his opinion and just like me i didnt say I believe in god and neither did he all I said was what caused the big bang because nobody know.

Quoted from a website
"If everything was caused by the big bang, how do you explain the little things that are set just right to keep human sustainability, like the fine tuning of gravity protons, to electrons' co2? Those are dials set to specifically the right spot to maintain life on earth."

He was a Reglious Education Teacher saying the universe and all its glory is to complex to just come from a big bang he compared it to a watch, but I ask this if the universe was created by a big bang did the big bang create evolution?
Also I wouldnt have him reported because that was his opinion and just like me i didnt say I believe in god and neither did he all I said was what caused the big bang because nobody know.

Quoted from a website
"If everything was caused by the big bang, how do you explain the little things that are set just right to keep human sustainability, like the fine tuning of gravity protons, to electrons' co2? Those are dials set to specifically the right spot to maintain life on earth."

I knew it.

Technically, the big bang did create evolution since it created everything.

Let me ask you, why our universe is made from imperfection, if it was created by the all powerful, all knowing? Yes, we are fortunate to have such conditions to harbour life, but if we did not, then we would not be here to consider how lucky we are to have these conditions. If you examine the parallel universe theory then you will see why it's perfectly possible to have these conditions. Your religious education teacher is influencing you and other impressionable children based on an opinion based on (false) information. I'd report him, teachers are supposed to be impartial on religious and politics.

Let say hypothetically god created the big bang to do exactly what all evidence is saying that our entire universe was created when a tiny (billions of times smaller than a proton), super-dense, super-hot mass exploded and began expanding very rapidly, eventually cooling and forming into the stars and galaxies with which we are familiar. This event is said to have happened approximately 15 billion years ago. Rather than expanding outward into some preexisting vacuum, the event of the Big Bang was space itself expanding. Now if thats my opinion why shouldnt I be entitled too it.

Let say hypothetically god created the big bang to do exactly what all evidence is saying that our entire universe was created when a tiny (billions of times smaller than a proton), super-dense, super-hot mass exploded and began expanding very rapidly, eventually cooling and forming into the stars and galaxies with which we are familiar. This event is said to have happened approximately 15 billion years ago. Rather than expanding outward into some preexisting vacuum, the event of the Big Bang was space itself expanding. Now if thats my opinion why shouldnt I be entitled too it.

Why did God create the laws of maths to govern nature perfectly then, when the laws he himself created counter his existence?

You are entitled to your opinion, no one denied that.

I knew it.

Technically, the big bang did create evolution since it created everything.

Let me ask you, why our universe is made from imperfection, if it was created by the all powerful, all knowing? Yes, we are fortunate to have such conditions to harbour life, but if we did not, then we would not be here to consider how lucky we are to have these conditions. If you examine the parallel universe theory then you will see why it's perfectly possible to have these conditions. Your religious education teacher is influencing you and other impressionable children based on an opinion based on (false) information. I'd report him, teachers are supposed to be impartial on religious and politics.

he was impartial because he only believed in himself, his wife his kids and oh millwall he believed in in what his eyes see.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Why did God create the laws of maths to govern nature perfectly then, when the laws he himself created counter his existence?

You are entitled to your opinion, no one denied that.

But you and 4 other people arent allowing me my opinion its why i like stiring this debate also debates regarding ghost and ufos If said I believe in God and complete believed he created universe and Big bang theory was a load of bull and like your doing throwing all this evidence and saying physics this and physics that like you are now. However if I said god is not really big bang theory is true religion is about controlling people you wouldnt of said anything but everyone who said they believe god would be jumping at me with their opnions its debates like this never get solved.

My opinion is:
1) I neither Believe/disbelieve in god i am open minded and believe in evidence thats put towards me, I believe is better to bet on gods exist just in cause.
2) I understand and accept the theory but I believe there is more to the Equation then a "something smaller then a proton exploding"

3) I dont believe in holding my hands together praying will bring world peace.
4) United are the best team in England
5) There is no need for racism
many more to come but cant be arsed at the moment

Exactly. He wasn't a scientist, ergo he should shut up about science.

Quoted from a website

Physics. And Earth's position is purely coincidental; do you know how many stars are out there?

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

he was impartial because he only believed in himself, his wife his kids and oh millwall he believed in in what his eyes see.

He is not impartial; a person who has never been exposed to either and then chooses one is. Also, why do you listen to someone who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about? You should ask your physics teacher, not your religious studies teacher.

But you and 4 other people arent allowing me my opinion its why i like stiring this debate also debates regarding ghost and ufos If said I believe in God and complete believed he created universe and Big bang theory was a load of bull and like your doing throwing all this evidence and saying physics this and physics that like you are now. However if I said god is not really big bang theory is true religion is about controlling people you wouldnt of said anything but everyone who said they believe god would be jumping at me with their opnions its debates like this never get solved.

Of course you're allowed your opinion, we just happen to disagree. Not being allowed an opinion is what the Church did the Galileo Galilei etc. And please get your punctuation and capitalisation right; there's a big difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse. Because, frankly, I don't understand your two last sentences.

Last edited:
Physics. And Earth's position is purely coincidental; do you know how many stars are out there?

Depends how you look, unaided clear moonless night about 1000+ small telescope 10,000 sounds to small 100,000 plus dont know not much of a stargazer whole Milky Way having guess 100m too small got to over 10 billion many even a trillion

Depends how you look, unaided clear moonless night about 1000+ small telescope 10,000 sounds to small 100,000 plus dont know not much of a stargazer whole Milky Way having guess 100m too small got to over 10 billion many even a trillion

IIRC, the amount of stars is something like 1022

EDIT: Bah. That was meant to read 10 to the power of 22.

Last edited:
I'm Agnostic and I believe that God created the big bang. Don't really believe in heaven or ****. I still go church and listen to gospel song because they have good vibes and church teaches good morales, its also a nice community.

I'm going to answer some of the questions I've seen put by some athiest. First of all before I begin don't palm me off as someone who knows nothing about science because I am undergraduate mechanical engineer and though that doesn't teach directly about the fundamentals of physics I do still know a fair bit about it. I've had this arguement with my friend (who is an athiest) a thousand times lol.

Somebody ask why did God created the laws of physics to govern nature perfectly? Doesn't that kind of answer itself? The laws don't counter his/her/it existence. I personally can not see how everything since the big bang can have ended up so perfectly from a sequence of random events to now without somebody who designed it in the beginning.

I'm Agnostic and I believe that God created the big bang. Don't really believe in heaven or ****. I still go church and listen to gospel song because they have good vibes and church teaches good morales, its also a nice community.

I'm going to answer some of the questions I've seen put by some athiest. First of all before I begin don't palm me off as someone who knows nothing about science because I am undergraduate mechanical engineer and though that doesn't teach directly about the fundamentals of physics I do still know a fair bit about it. I've had this arguement with my friend (who is an athiest) a thousand times lol.

Somebody ask why did God created the laws of physics to govern nature perfectly? Doesn't that kind of answer itself? The laws don't counter his/her/it existence. I personally can not see how everything since the big bang can have ended up so perfectly from a sequence of random events to now without somebody who designed it in the beginning.

If we where in pub now ill buy you a pint

Why not? Also, who's to say this nature is perfect? One missed link, one small evolutionary change, and the world would be a difference place today. I'd say this nature isn't perfect at all: wars, pollution, and duck-billed platypuses. Who are we to say what is perfect or what isn't? This "perfection" is essentially no different to another "perfection" in which humans don't exist.

There are about 200-400 billion stars in our galaxy alone. There's believed to be around 100 billion galaxies in the universe. The average of our galaxy = 300 billion (300*10^9), multiply that by the number of galaxies and we arrive at 3*10^22 stars in the universe, as a conservative estimate. I'm sure the odds are that a few life harbouring planets will be produced in that lot, rather than the zero chance of believing in the right God. :)

Humans are insignificant, there's no reason why some special event was needed to create us. There's beauty in simplicity.

The universe is the opposite to perfection though. When the big bang happened, there must have been one more piece of matter than antimatter, genetic mutations lead to new species etc. Everything is random, I look at this and see a lack of design and a series of random events triggering more random events.

Last edited:
There are about 200-400 billion stars in our galaxy alone. There's believed to be around 100 billion galaxies in the universe. The average of our galaxy = 300 billion (300*10^9), multiply that by the number of galaxies and we arrive at 3*10^22 stars in the universe, as a conservative estimate. I'm sure the odds are that a few life harbouring planets will be produced in that lot, rather than the zero chance of believing in the right God. :)

Humans are insignificant, there's no reason why some special event was needed to create us. There's beauty in simplicity.
What will really blow your mind is scientists are becoming more and more convinced that this might not be the only Universe, they believe this Universe could be just one of trillions.

If the laws of physics were different, things would be different. Like a game of football where you were allowed to pick the ball up in your own half.

Though, the Big Bang theory requires no god, be it Odin or God.

Why not? Also, who's to say this nature is perfect? One missed link, one small evolutionary change, and the world would be a difference place today. I'd say this nature isn't perfect at all: wars, pollution, and duck-billed platypuses. Who are we to say what is perfect or what isn't? This "perfection" is essentially no different to another "perfection" in which humans don't exist.
That is exactly what my friend says. I think you guys are taking the word perfect too litterally. I define that fact that we are living and can move and can extract the needed resources from our surroundings(oxygen) as perfect. The fact the earth rotates on the perfect axis etc etc

So ofcourse another race other than humans could be defined as perfect but the fact that just from an explosion and a few random events that there was any sort of race to me seems designed.

Back