Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
He doesnt know the outcome though...? This life is a test to get to the next( Heavan) ( In My opinion). So we are all being test, As i said God gave us the tools, it is up to me how i use them. He has given me a time span( life) to prove myself worthy of Heavan and his company... I intend to be there.

Yet Scienctist and people dismiss religion and call us all crazy. Science is a theory, i not saying it isnt true or useful, just to me, it is not the be all and end all.

If he doesn't know the outcome then he is not all knowledgeable, and he is therefore not a God.

Scientists say they don't know the answer when they have no evidence, religion claims a mythical being is the answer based on no evidence at all. If anyone ever said they believe in Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Invisible dragons etc. we'd call them insane. Why is it, and should it be different for religion, when there is absolutely nothing to differentiate between them. That is why religion is dismissed.

If he doesn't know the outcome then he is not all knowledgeable, and he is therefore not a God.

Scientists say they don't know the answer when they have no evidence, religion claims a mythical being is the answer based on no evidence at all. If anyone ever said they believe in Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Invisible dragons etc. we'd call them insane. Why is it, and should it be different for religion, when there is absolutely nothing to differentiate between them. That is why religion is dismissed.

He is god, Just because he doesnt know the outcome doesnt mean he isnt god. ( Waits for some quote from the bible, then we go back to about 5 pages back)

Religion is dismissed by closed minded moronic people, Who have nothing better to do, then Rubbish other peoples beliefs and faith. Your talking about Fairy tales that where created by Humans, yet miracles happened everyday that science can't explain...? What is that, Could it be religion or could it be Luck, We shall never though.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

big bang theory utter rubbish

That really doesnt help. Dont scoop to that level!!!!

He is god, Just because he doesnt know the outcome doesnt mean he isnt god. ( Waits for some quote from the bible, then we go back to about 5 pages back)

Religion is dismissed by closed minded moronic people, Who have nothing better to do, then Rubbish other peoples beliefs and faith. Your talking about Fairy tales that where created by Humans, yet miracles happened everyday that science can't explain...? What is that, Could it be religion or could it be Luck, We shall never though.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------[/COLOR]

excuse me but its my opinion so deal with it

Dont bite my head im just playing devil's advocate for a moment found this on the web.

the consensus amongst the majority of astronomers is this: The universe began to exist. Stephen Hawking, the very popular and immensely respected astronomer from Cambridge University, agrees. He says, “Almost everyone believes that the universe, and time itself, had a beginning.” [Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose, The Nature of Space and Time, The Isaac Newton Institute Series of Lectures (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1996), p. 20.]

That’s interesting. This is in perfect harmony with what the Bible says (in the very first verse!)…

Genesis 1:1
“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”

The Bible makes it very clear that the universe actually had a beginning, exactly like the scientific community has discovered–more than 3,000 years after Moses penned those words.

Arno Penzias, who was awarded a Nobel Prize for discovering evidence (the background radiation echo) that the universe did have a beginning, agrees that the scientific data lines right up with the Bible. He said: “The best data we have are exactly what I would have predicted, had I nothing to go on but the five books of Moses, the Psalms and the Bible as a whole.” [Cited by John Lennox in Ravi Zacharias, editor, Beyond Opinion, 2007, p. 121]

excuse me but its my opinion so deal with it

Excuse me but it people like you, Who give religious people a bad name, How can you expect anyone to have a mature discussion about religion, when you so blantly call a scientific theory utter rubbish, Surely you would be ****** if someone did that to religion( as i would be) so why be hypocritical over it.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------[/COLOR]

What miracles are they mate?

He doesnt know the outcome though...? This life is a test to get to the next( Heavan) ( In My opinion). So we are all being test, As i said God gave us the tools, it is up to me how i use them. He has given me a time span( life) to prove myself worthy of Heavan and his company... I intend to be there.

He does know the outcome. That's intrinsic to Christianity that God is omniscient and omnipotent (means all-powerful btw). Either you know **** all about Christianity or you're trolling, and I'm inclined to believe the latter. If you haven't read the Bible, look up Matthew 24:1-51 for an answer.

Yet Scienctist and people dismiss religion and call us all crazy. Science is a theory, i not saying it isnt true or useful, just to me, it is not the be all and end all.

Science is based on observations that can be reproduced. If humanity time and time again rebooted, scientists would still come to the same conclusions, whereas religion would not. An example could be two groups of completely isolated scientists both sequencing a bacterial genome will both get the same results, or how the ancient Egyptians worked out that the Earth was going around the Sun, and Galileo came to the same conclusion thousands of years later, whereas the exact same religion has never occurred several times independently of each other.

Elihu describes God as the one "who is perfect in knowledge" (Job 37:16 c.f. Job 36:4)

The writer of Hebrews says that "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Heb 4:13 c.f. 2 Ch 16:9)

Job said "for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens". (Job 28:24).

Good enough for you?

And you wonder why people "dismiss religion and call us all crazy"? Maybe because you're dismissing their theories just as much. If you want to be listened to, listen to others.

Excuse me but it people like you, Who give religious people a bad name, How can you expect anyone to have a mature discussion about religion, when you so blantly call a scientific theory utter rubbish, Surely you would be ****** if someone did that to religion( as i would be) so why be hypocritical over it.

one comment make me a bad christian does it oh boo who
get over yourself!!

Seriously, we find quotes from the Bible, and you dismiss them. See above.

Rubbish other people's beliefs? You mean find out how things work? If it wasn't for these people, you'd never have the internet. You'd probably not even be alive, as you're more than likely to have died from a bacterial infection without antibiotics from a genetically modified bacteria.

People live when Doctors say they have no chance,

Doctors give someone 6 months to live, they are still with us today. I guess you get the message.

Doctors are not all-knowing (omniscient). They're human and make mistakes. My Grandmother who died quite recently was diagnosed with terminal cancer 5 years ago, and given a year to live. Doesn't make it a miracle. It's science.

Doctors give someone 6 months to live, they are still with us today. I guess you get the message.

So why do some people die early? When they survive, it's a miracle, when they die, it's God's will? What makes the people who die early any more or less worthy of living longer than those who do?

Science is based on observations that can be reproduced. If humanity time and time again rebooted, scientists would still come to the same conclusions, whereas religion would not. An example could be two groups of completely isolated scientists both sequencing a bacterial genome will both get the same results, or how the ancient Egyptians worked out that the Earth was going around the Sun, and Galileo came to the same conclusion thousands of years later, whereas the exact same religion has never occurred several times independently of each other.

We have already had a long conversation on the bible, Look 5 pages back and your see my response.

And the rest of this is what...? So 2 people at different times came to the same conclusion, Yet millions of people at different times join the same religion.

And you wonder why people "dismiss religion and call us all crazy"? Maybe because you're dismissing their theories just as much. If you want to be listened to, listen to others.

I have not dismissed any of theory, i have rspected them. Actually read my posts, i have no dismissed the Big bang theory anywhere, Yet i have had a go at people for doing so.... So what the **** are you on about....

What does that bit mean?

Im not saying there are no miracles. But from my tiny knowledge of the bible, people being ill and not dying isnt a miracle. I may be wrong, please correct me. But from what I've heard etc miracles are very specific deeds done by holy/divine (whatever you want to call them) beings? In the bible sense of the word

2nd quote
the universe created itself, is philosophically impossible.

The atheist asks, “Why?”

Well, of course, before the universe existed it would not have been around to do the creating. Obviously, a non-existent universe could not have done anything! It did not exist. Ask most atheists, “What was around before the universe came into being?” and they will say, as does the well-known atheist Richard Dawkins: “Nothing.” [Richard Dawkins, The Ancestor’s Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution, (First Mariner Books, fifth edition, 2005), p. 613]

Well, we all know that nothing can not do anything. What is nothing? Have you thought about that? Right here; this is what nothing looks like…[fade PowerPoint to black screen]. What is nothing? No - thing. No-thing can’t do anything. It cannot see, smell, act, think, let alone create something. In fact, it sounds pretty ridiculous for me to even refer to nothing as an “it" because nothing is not even that!

Even David Hume (1711 – 1776), one of the most zealous skeptics of Christianity ever, agreed that things don’t just pop themselves into existence. In 1754, he wrote, “I never asserted so absurd a proposition as that anything might arise without a cause.” [David Hume, The Letters of David Hume, 2 vols., ed. J Y. T. Greig (Oxford: Clarendon, 1932), 1:187]

The impossibility of something creating itself is in harmony with a basic law of physics called “The Law of Energy and Matter Conservation.” If you’ve ever had a physics class you’ll recall this. It basically states: “From nothing, comes nothing." Now, I don't know who the rocket scientist was who finally penned this down, but this is considered to be a bedrock law of science. Why? Well, there has never been a single observed instance in the history of mankind in which this law has been violated. Can you imagine turning on the news and seeing the headline: "Nothing caught doing something on film! See the footage at eleven." What? No. You'd think, "What channel is this?! What's going on here."

Even the well-known atheist, J.L. Mackie said: “I myself find it hard to accept the notion of self-creation from nothing, even given unrestricted chance.” [J. L. Mackie, Times Literary Supplement, February 5, 1982, p. 126.]

one comment make me a bad christian does it oh boo who
get over yourself!!

Dont put words in my Mouth, I never said that...

Rubbish other people's beliefs? You mean find out how things work? If it wasn't for these people, you'd never have the internet. You'd probably not even be alive, as you're more than likely to have died from a bacterial infection without antibiotics from a genetically modified bacteria.

Doctors are not all-knowing (omniscient). They're human and make mistakes. My Grandmother who died quite recently was diagnosed with terminal cancer 5 years ago, and given a year to live. Doesn't make it a miracle. It's science.

No, i mean the people who just say Religion is bullshit, All religious people are crazy, Blah Blah Blah.....! It is discrimanation, it is no different to me being racist or Sexist.

So why do some people die early? When they survive, it's a miracle, when they die, it's God's will? What makes the people who die early any more or less worthy of living longer than those who do?

I dont know..... When I see him, i will ask him.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

What does that bit mean?

Im not saying there are no miracles. But from my tiny knowledge of the bible, people being ill and not dying isnt a miracle. I may be wrong, please correct me. But from what I've heard etc miracles are very specific deeds done by holy/divine (whatever you want to call them) beings? In the bible sense of the word

That means, I could follow a similar pattern, but it would get boring, Not a dig in the slightest. Just i could name more similar events, Just cba.

It depends how you define Miracle. I see it as an unexpected event, without explanation. You might see it as differently.

quote 3
Option three, that someone or something outside of the universe (i.e., God) created the universe, is the only reasonable option.

The existence of the universe has led many people to conclude that God must exist, including, Charles Darwin himself . Darwin said, “[Reason tells me of the] extreme difficulty or rather impossibility of conceiving this immense and wonderful universe, including man with his capability of looking far backwards and far into futurity, as the result of blind chance or necessity. When thus reflecting I feel compelled to look to a First Cause having an intelligent mind in some degree analogous to that of man; and I deserve to be called a Theist.” [Cited by Antony Flew in There is a God: How the World’s Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind, 2007, p. 106]

Isn’t it ironic that so many atheists today consider Charles Darwin their hero ––many of them not knowing that he himself actually believed in a creator ? The universe compelled Darwin to believe in an intelligent mind that brought it all together.

Excuse me but it people like you, Who give religious people a bad name,

dont judge me on one comment

Excuse me but it people like you, Who give religious people a bad name,

dont judge me on one comment

I still didnt call you a bad christian...? Which you claimed i did, And if you dont wanna be judged, You really shouldnt post.

Back