Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
The bible has alot of Miracles though

Immaculate conception
Bread / wine
Walking on water
Parting seas
Resurrection

etc etc.

Im sure there are similar events in Judaism, Hinduism, Buddism and so on.

I personally wouldnt count surviving a natural disater or a disease as a miracle, just very very lucky.

Surely those happend in the 'Jesus times' too but were they considered miraculous? Or have these things become the modern day miracle because we dont see Jesus (or anyone) parting the Atlantic now?

I still didnt call you a bad christian...? Which you claimed i did, And if you dont wanna be judged, You really shouldnt post.

gives a religious person a bad name
doesnt make me a bad christian so im a good christain to say it
:S

The bible has alot of Miracles though

Immaculate conception
Bread / wine
Walking on water
Parting seas
Resurrection

etc etc.

Im sure there are similar events in Judaism, Hinduism, Buddism and so on.

I personally wouldnt count surviving a natural disater or a disease as a miracle, just very very lucky.

Surely those happend in the 'Jesus times' too but were they considered miraculous? Or have these things become the modern day miracle because we dont see Jesus (or anyone) parting the Atlantic now?

thats your opinion, i would call it a miracle if your survival is en explained. They are the traditionally miracles, But Jesus died 2000 years ago, But Miracles such as these have happened still.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

gives a religious person a bad name
doesnt make me a bad christian so im a good christain to say it
:S

You can still be a good christian, sticking to the teachings, not sinning, going to church on a regular basis, But you can give religious people are bad name, by dismissing everyone else beliefs.

Another question.... If god has a plan for us all, what does praying do? Does it change his plan? Does it change anything? Was it planned for us to pray in the first place, thus not effecting ant plan at all.....?

thats your opinion, i would call it a miracle if your survival is en explained. They are the traditionally miracles, But Jesus died 2000 years ago, But Miracles such as these have happened still.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

You can still be a good christian, sticking to the teachings, not sinning, going to church on a regular basis, But you can give religious people are bad name, by dismissing everyone else beliefs.

How is surviving a natural disaster a miracle in any way? There are numerous economic, social and health factors to why one may or may not survive.

i dismiss because i dont believe it
ok maybe what said was a bit strong

in my opinion i dont believe in the big bang theory

Thank you for enlightening us to that. Anything more to say?

Another question.... If god has a plan for us all, what does praying do? Does it change his plan? Does it change anything? Was it planned for us to pray in the first place, thus not effecting ant plan at all.....?

Praying Shows Faith,

How is surviving a natural disaster a miracle in any way? There are numerous economic, social and health factors to why one may or may not survive.

I never said Surviving a Natural Disaster was a miracle, I said Surviving an illness when you told you must die, or the un explained is a miracle.

Why do you not believe in a theory with substantial evidence, and believe in religion with zero evidence? Doesn't make sense to me.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Praying Shows Faith,

I never said Surviving a Natural Disaster was a miracle, I said Surviving an illness when you told you must die, or the un explained is a miracle.

Imperfect medical knowledge and human error explains surviving an illness, no?

Why do you not believe in a theory with substantial evidence, and believe in religion with zero evidence? Doesn't make sense to me.

Because his right as a human gives him the chance to beileve what ever he wants.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Not Always surely, Sometimes it can't be explained....

# Muslims pray because they are commanded to (5 times a day) and strict guidelines are laid down for this.

# Buddhists don’t (strictly speaking) pray. They are seeking something within themselves.

# Hindus pray and offer gifts to one of their many gods.

# Christians meet with God in prayer, as a child would meet his parent, because they have a direct relationship with Him. God, in the person of Jesus Christ, expressed His love to us by living as we would, and ultimately giving His life on the cross in our place so that we can have this relationship

Not Always surely, Sometimes it can't be explained....

Sometimes it can't be explained by medical science's knowledge. Joel hit it bang on the head: if someone survives when they shouldn't, we don't know enough, it's not a miracle. This is why science is progressive and drives on change and knowledge, always questing to improve humanity's knowledge, and religion is regressive. IMO.

# Christians meet with God in prayer, as a child would meet his parent, because they have a direct relationship with Him.

But he doesn't reply, right? I would get a bit insulted if I talked to my parent and they ignored me...

Praying Shows Faith,

But god knows if your faithful to him?

And if 1000 people were in a building that collapsed and 1 person survived, that is not a miracle?

Yet if it was a disease 1000 people had and 1 survived after being told it was fatal, thats a miracle?

I wouldn't say there was a fixed plan for all of us as our actions have consequences, "karma" ala my name is earl styleee to put it simply. I believe that if there is a god he sets us the paths and we choose what to take but ultimately leading to the desired destination.

# Christians meet with God in prayer, as a child would meet his parent, because they have a direct relationship with Him. God, in the person of Jesus Christ, expressed His love to us by living as we would, and ultimately giving His life on the cross in our place so that we can have this relationship

So you talk to God and he does not talk back, bit rude if you ask me ;)

Because his right as a human gives him the chance to beileve what ever he wants.

Maybe so, but why would he opt for the much less likely belief? That's what puzzles me.

But god knows if your faithful to him?

And if 1000 people were in a building that collapsed and 1 person survived, that is not a miracle?

Yet if it was a disease 1000 people had and 1 survived after being told it was fatal, thats a miracle?

Still doesnt mean you dont prove it, it is called Symbolism.

Again Words in my Mouth, I havent commented on a natural disaster( Which a building collapsing isnt)

If i had cancer, got told i had 6 weeks to live, yet 15 years later was still alive, that would be a miracle...

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------[/COLOR]

big bang theory - you can't get something out of nothing. there must be something before
religion - books, persoanlly experiences

i never thought i would be a christian but something changed that

My question would be why would God give us reason not to believe if he did exist?

***P.S. when is the politics thread starting? further to that maybe we could have a finance thread aswell?

Last edited:
Back