Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
Sausages. Lot's of them in fact.

Last edited:
If anyone does follow a religion then please read the Richard Dawkins book The God Delusion. It is heavy going but it will make you think twice and test your faith. I am more agnostic when it comes to believing in a single entity that rules over us.

1) Do you Believe In God

I believe in "God" more than Jesus, although not in the conventional "Adam & Eve" God bullshit story.

2) Are you Religious

No, I despise churches

three reason's I refuse to be religious.

1) It causes so many problems, and wars.
2) We are supposed to believe that we were made in God's imagine? Come on..
3) I don't believe anything in the bible, and as for Jesus, well he's even more bullshit

one reason why I want to believe there is a God.

1) What happens to us when we die? The thought of an eternity of nothing is well quite scary.

I think people should be allowed to make their own mind up, although I think people who are religious, are blind. If you cannot see the proof that your religious is "a lie" (i.e Catholic/ Christianity) then you are blind. I could debate for hours on the subject, but I'm too tired :P

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

I assume he means look towards the future rather than at the past (i.e religion) although to be fair, the future is just as bleak as the past :P

I agree fully.

Thanks for typing that, would've taken a couple of minutes of my time :(

I'm Agnostic, meaning that although I don't believe in God, I'm not completely ruling out that there's some kind of higher power out there, however unlikely it may be.

I believe Jesus was a real person who was probably persecuted for beliefs he and his followers shared, but I don't believe he was 'the son of God'.

I don't want to completely rule anything out regarding a higher power, simply because I like to keep an open mind, but in reality; the likelihood of evolution being responsible for everything in the world today is far too great to ignore.

The sole reason why I refuse to believe in any form of religion is the simple fact that there isn't sufficient evidence to prove a point. For all I know, the Bible could have been a diary by a teenager or something like that. In my R.E Exam a couple of weeks ago I absolutely hammered the **** out of religion in any way I could, and since I backed up my points, my teacher was very quiet on his remarks and I got an A.
My main problems of religion are:
Who Created God?
Why is there suffering in the world if there is a God?
Why are we all full of sin if God created us?
Why are we all as flawed as we are, did God make errors in creating us e.g illnesses and diseases?
What proof is there on the subject of heaven and ****?

Thanks Jamie. I have an assesment coming up and I was going take that side. You have given me some great ideas there mate. :wub:

who ever made the bible have to say has made millions of cash of it but i not sure if god is real but some things still need to be looked at in prove he dose.
ive had past Experience in were i cant explane course i would of not been here today if the event did not happen so am 50 50 on the subject
i dont beleaive in hevon i think it what you make is ur hevon and that will be ur resting place
am not into religion except football but i do think some qwestion still need to be looked into

Thanks Jamie. I have an assesment coming up and I was going take that side. You have given me some great ideas there mate. :wub:
Just avoid insulting people, that's why I didn't get an A*

Typical. I don't insult just keep backing up points and getting mine and then a counter view across. I will then rip that to shreds hopefully. :D

who ever made the bible have to say has made millions of cash of it but i not sure if god is real but some things still need to be looked at in prove he dose.
ive had past Experience in were i cant explane course i would of not been here today if the event did not happen so am 50 50 on the subject
i dont beleaive in hevon i think it what you make is ur hevon and that will be ur resting place
am not into religion except football but i do think some qwestion still need to be looked into
I can honestly say the creator of the Bible never made millions,even though its probably the greatest work of fiction ever.Most of it is religious propaganda that covers up the real truth.

I think you should install a spell check on your toolbar by the way.

I personally do not believe in God

2) No, I am totally Atheist

3) I do not believe in God, but how can you say something isnt real if you have never seen it? Also, I believe religion is pointless in 21st Century life, as it seems to cause seperation, and problematic boundaries between different races and religious beliefs. Although, I respect any religious persons views, and I think everyone should.

Here's something that may confuzzle you:

If God is all knowing, can he ask himself a question he dosen't know the answer to? There are two outcomes to this question:
Yes he can: If he can than that means he dosen't know the answer to the question which he was asking which therfore proves he's not all knowing.
No he can't: Then he dosen't know how to ask himself a question he can't answer.
Either way he's not all knowing. For a lot of you that will be hard to get your head around. But I understand it ^_^

Here's something that may confuzzle you:

If God is all knowing, can he ask himself a question he dosen't know the answer to? There are two outcomes to this question:
Yes he can: If he can than that means he dosen't know the answer to the question which he was asking which therfore proves he's not all knowing.
No he can't: Then he dosen't know how to ask himself a question he can't answer.
Either way he's not all knowing. For a lot of you that will be hard to get your head around. But I understand it ^_^

ahhh, very profound.....I get it though :)

What I dont get it when christians say, "no-one knows what god looks like, he could be a human figure, cat, dog anything really", yet god created adam and eve in his image? They obviously don't look very hard

Back