Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
as to take a the lyrics from Iron maiden's Greater good of god

"More pain and misery in the history of mankind
Sometimes it seems more like the blind leading the blind
It brings upon us more of famine death and war
You know religion has a lot to answer for"

No I don't
Believe In God

if I did then I wouldn't have heart problems etc

I'm here....sorry I am late, I heard someone had made a thread about me......:P

I dont beleive in God.

Im not religious.

I used to untill my gran tried when I was 12. She was the only really religeous person I knew chapel every Sunday. And she died at 62 after a long painfull fight with cancer. Also had 2 cousins and 3 close mates die young.

hmmm religon is tricky, im not into it bible has many flaws if a god or gods existed why do wekill each other an beleive my god is better than yours etc.
All so the only thing you can put faith in is your trigger finger an a 5.56 or 7.62 mm round.
I would put aliens before god earth is **** death is a release from the all **** stress an ex-girlfriends an work an taxes,Only to things for sure in this life death an taxes.
peace.

Imo, religion was created for a number of reasons:
1.) People were less scientifically advanced back then. It gave them a reason to understand how the world was made.
2.) So that life has a purpose. If there was no such thing as a god, obviously there'd be no such thing as heaven and ****, which means that people could go around killing others recklessley (sp) and it wouldn't really matter.
3.) To give people the confidence that someone would be there when times get tough.

Let's be honest, if God does exist, why on earth would he want us to worship him? I don't believe in worshipping anything, I shouldn't live my life constantly having to thank "God" for everything while overlooking all the hurt in the world.. People who dedicate their life's to God are usually rather insane..

Nowadays' it's "the cool thing" not to belive in god,but i do.

That's not the point. I don't remember it "not being cool" to be religious, either you are or you aren't if you are peer pressured into not believing in God then you are a bit special..

1) Do you Believe In God : I dont believe that there isnt anything up there. So you could say yes.

2) Are you Religious: No

3) Why ?: I dont believe in Religion. I dont think we should be ordered the way to live our lives. And lets face it, what has Religion brought to the world? Nothing but Centuries upon Centuries of Violence and death between people fighting for what they were brought up to believe in. In truth, Nearly all religions are "The right one" for people who believe in them. There is then the same chance of the Christian beliefs being true than the Islamic or Buddist. So all the death down the centuries has been for nothing.

Gran is a very religous christian, parents not so much. I don't really think about it to be honest, I dont like to live my life following a set of rules. I cant claim to be a christian if I do not uphold the rules and values.

Religious view: Sexy.

Edit: Was on a date and the girl said she was religious. So i asked "so, does your family also worship the Sky Wizard and believe in magic?"

Did not go down well.

Last edited:
My Girlfriend is a NQT, she is currently applying for jobs now. One place is a catholic school, she got rejected because on her application she put under religious views atheist.
So she had to take another job a good 20 miles further away because of this narrow minded religious school.
She is a maths teacher to, it would not even conflict with RE teachings in the school anyway, how do expect a maths teacher to believe in god anyway, the intelligance level a maths teacher needs there almost certain to not believe in god.

My Girlfriend is a NQT, she is currently applying for jobs now. One place is a catholic school, she got rejected because on her application she put under religious views atheist.
So she had to take another job a good 20 miles further away because of this narrow minded religious school.
She is a maths teacher to, it would not even conflict with RE teachings in the school anyway, how do expect a maths teacher to believe in god anyway, the intelligance level a maths teacher needs there almost certain to not believe in god.

Are you sure that's why she was rejected?

yeah, they said she would not fit in, also said they needed an experienced teacher for the time being to, so they never directly mentioned so my rant may be a little harsh, just my opinion.

Not much, Religious people often shift there viewpoint to Theist when challenged about their religion.

Back