One of the proudest days of my time being a father happened last night.................. my 5 yr old son asked his mummy if he could stay up late and play that football game on daddys laptop :,-)
The look i got off my wife wasnt a pleasant one,

This was the best thread ever!

The other day my friends and I decided to play age of empires (best game other than FM ever), and since I always thrash them (tactics ;)), I had one laptop open with FM running and my old one (because I use Macs, and gameranger doesn't work with the new operating systems) with age of empires. So when one of my players scored a crazy goal I was telling them all about it in the age of empires chat, and the best part was how little they cared :D

Not quite a relationship story, but I'm too young for a wife!

This was the best thread ever!

The other day my friends and I decided to play age of empires (best game other than FM ever), and since I always thrash them (tactics ;)), I had one laptop open with FM running and my old one (because I use Macs, and gameranger doesn't work with the new operating systems) with age of empires. So when one of my players scored a crazy goal I was telling them all about it in the age of empires chat, and the best part was how little they cared :D

Not quite a relationship story, but I'm too young for a wife!

Wives get in the way of FM... I'm sure your post reminds everyone of simpler times :p

God how did I miss this thread :|...

My now wife understands my obsession with the game partly. She used to game a lot when we were going out (think MMORPG like Maplestory), so I often get the urge to tell her about my ongoing business in the magical land of FM. I generally get a glaring look like: are you on that game again, at least play something I'm interested in too.

Needless to say I ignore that part and carry on regardless :p

Do you ever? - Drink & FM?

Some of the worst hang overs I've had are FM related. Like today. :S

After an afternoon/evening on the grog with my brother I stumbled home & decided to fire FM up before bed, I'll just play a game or 2.

No chance!

3 hours & god knows how many beers later I finally hop into bed with a clearly upset missus.

More beer = more FM, more FM = more beer. Its a vicious circle guys. I'm paying for it today :'(

After an afternoon/evening on the grog with my brother I stumbled home & decided to fire FM up before bed, I'll just play a game or 2.

No chance!

3 hours & god knows how many beers later I finally hop into bed with a clearly upset missus.

More beer = more FM, more FM = more beer. Its a vicious circle guys. I'm paying for it today :'(
If I drink and manage it ends up in disaster as I seem to go rather adventurous with my tactics and basically mess the save up, I seem to fine players a lot as well which doesn't help, no idea as to why drink does this to a fairly successful manager, but hey, I enjoyed it haha.

Back in time while I've been playing with FM12 or 13, Kun Aguero missed a golden CL semi final penalty. I've lost the game and I've broken my window with my bare hands.

No chance!

Rarely drink from home and when I make it home from a night-out I don't nearly have the capabilities to get on FM - Only a good thing because it would go dreadfully wrong.

Rarely drink from home and when I make it home from a night-out I don't nearly have the capabilities to get on FM - Only a good thing because it would go dreadfully wrong.

I have absolutely ruined saves by drink FMing! I remember (kind of) one occasion I decided it would be a great idea to play with no defenders, just 2 DM's & 2 WB's! Needless to say, it did not go well :S

I had a moment of pride the other day when I heard some guy I signed for Crewe Alex had nearly scored in the Scottish Cup or something. They were talking about it on the radio and I wasn't paying attention to my family before out of nowhere I just yell:"He keeps asking for more gametime and a better contract on FM." I then gave my family a 10 minute lecture on agents and player interaction. I got no appreciation as well. If only they would understand...

This is just awesome! Esp the 10 minute lecture ...

I'm always talking to myself when I'm playing. Sometimes its like match commentary during games - "Oh, what a ball!", "Renteria through on goal!" etc.

Other times I'll just be wondering around the house or at work in a world of my own thinking about my last match, transfer or what ever & start asking myself questions or playing out scenario's in my head.

I tell myself that its to help flesh things out story wise but I did it long before I started doing stories so I think I may just be a tad mental!

Also, I wonder if anyone finds themselves thinking about FM at inappropriate times?

I was sitting in the doctors office whilst my daughter was being checked out this afternoon, she's been quite sick, & all I could think about was "Who's a good, cheap striker that could bag me 20 goals in La Liga?"

The doc was asking us questions & the missus kept looking over at me to confirm her answer, of course I just agreed but in truth I have no idea what I was agreeing too or even what the question was!

This is MY LIFE too mate!!!!

Also... When my girlfriend who's ten years younger than me asks if I'm coming to bed?? Bye bye FM!! ;)

Id also be running to bed if I had a woman there waiting for me who's 10 years younger than me!!!

Id also be running to bed if I had a woman there waiting for me who's 10 years younger than me!!!
Hahahahah maybe it's time to stop playing for too..... Hahahahah yeah a couple of weeks rest will be ok

Well, apart from what Lippo255 said, I have a desk top pc so I play on a desk where I have files and files and folders all full of FM related stuff such as players, staff, tactics ideas, downloaded guides and what have you ... so the wife ALWAYS complains that Im taking "this funny ****" too serious and that if I took my job as seriously we'd be millionaires.

I also have magazines, newspapers and my mobile phone - plus the internet so that I keep myself occupied while FM is moving on, which means that once I sit I hardly ever have to get up.

On top of everything the wife now has influenced my young daughter to complain that Im playing that football game again etc and to ask if I can lie down with her which is annoying to say the least!!!

Sorry for the multiple posts but the site wont let me edit.

I remember when we were doing Family Law at Law School (Bristol Uni btw) we saw a case where playing too much FM was cited as one of the main grounds in a divorce application by a wife. LOL!

Well, apart from what Lippo255 said, I have a desk top pc so I play on a desk where I have files and files and folders all full of FM related stuff such as players, staff, tactics ideas, downloaded guides and what have you ... so the wife ALWAYS complains that Im taking "this funny ****" too serious and that if I took my job as seriously we'd be millionaires.

I also have magazines, newspapers and my mobile phone - plus the internet so that I keep myself occupied while FM is moving on, which means that once I sit I hardly ever have to get up.

On top of everything the wife now has influenced my young daughter to complain that Im playing that football game again etc and to ask if I can lie down with her which is annoying to say the least!!!

I took 2 things away from this post mate. 1) I dont keep enough FM related reading material on hand & 2) Children are the worst!

Daddy can i have a cuddle?

Not right now darl, this is a very tight affair! :p

I took 2 things away from this post mate. 1) I dont keep enough FM related reading material on hand & 2) Children are the worst!

Daddy can i have a cuddle?

Not right now darl, this is a very tight affair! :p

Children are the worst comment is classic hahaha, although need to defend my children as I love them to death. Women who don't understand football manager passion is the worst! TBH it's bullshit you need coaching badges to apply for jobs it should be an FM CV needed just to make things interesting in football.