England 2018 World Cup Bid Update Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Juneau59
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 378
  • Views Views 18K
I think I've acquired 2.30am delerium...

Must be bed time, I can't stop whinging about Australia's loss.

****....I suck.

so what the best way out, is to do nothing, not even try, Surely that is the low of the low, you know somethings wrong and you stand by and let it happen. makes you a coward in my eyes.

Maybe but do you think Russia or Qatar care that Fifa is corrupt?? Honestly if their is nothing we can do about it then they are just wasting their time and making a near on impossible task in the first place dead.

Ok, really last post in this (in the meantime) useless thread, we all disappointed since there are not many Spanish or Russian members here :D Since the majority of you are brits i only hope that the BBC has taken this 1 level higher. We all knew FIFA is a fraud, but maybe now there will be action taken due to the British press. Ty for that. Let's focus on Brazil 2014. That will be great

Qatar are knocking down old stadiums and using that metal to build new ones right ?

What a joke.

Maybe but do you think Russia or Qatar care that Fifa is corrupt?? Honestly if their is nothing we can do about it then they are just wasting their time and making a near on impossible task in the first place dead.

Maybe just maybe, if enough people make enough noise, we might be able to sort it out, Streghten in numbers.

Maybe just maybe, if enough people make enough noise, we might be able to sort it out, Streghten in numbers.

Fifa don't like England as it is, if the whole country stand up to them and even (it will never happen) if the FA stand up to them even then nothing will happen because every other country in the world will back Fifa.

Fifa don't like England as it is, if the whole country stand up to them and even (it will never happen) if the FA stand up to them even then nothing will happen because every other country in the world will back Fifa.

well, it is wrong very wrong. Other countries cant be happy with this clear Corruption, they need to look at themselves and stand up for what is right.

Is this a new realisation for you? Did this not dawn on you before Qatar won the bid?

Sorry mate, fail to see where I said I didnt know this before...

Im just saying its lame I'll be old...

*old and not seeing the world cup here*

Does SSN have to keep replaying the video of that clown announcing Russia winning the vote

Ya's lost get over it!
Their all scam artists and I as someone from Ireland know's what its like to get screwed by them, Just don't bother trying to protest or anything or you could make England look a right joke just like the FAI made Ireland look like a joke with their "33" team World Cup.

I'm glad Russia got to host it. I look forward to hopefully seeing some games there and experiencing a new country. They have the stadia and transport to hold such a big event, and I agree with the decision to award it to a country that hasn't previously hosted a World Cup. It appears that FIFA are trying to make the World Cup truly global, which I believe is a good thing.

I don't agree with Qatar as a host though. They have no footballing history, and are a tiny country with an extremely high average temperature. The tournament will be spectacular no doubt, but I think they will struggle with infrastructure and transport links, and accommodating all the fans in hotels etc. Never mind the fact that they will be allowed to compete in the World Cup Finals, which is joke.

Russia. Russia. Unbelivable Jeff!

It's ******* freezing there

Russia - Too cold

Plastic pitches and sub-zero temperatures, sounds fun.

The average temperature in Moscow and St Petersburg, where most games will be played in/near is 18C for July. In fact, the average high temperature for the month in both cities is equal to that of London, so it's laughable that you try to claim it's too cold. Please think about what you write and try to make it vaguely sensible.

According to SSN we got 2 out of 22 votes.

Wonder who voted for us...

2 votes.

*Sigh*

That stinks of corruption. Absolutely devo.

Lmao, forgot that one of those votes would be our own... Actually embarrasing.

I seriously don't know why you don't think Qatar will be good. I think it will be brilliant. Have you seen the stadiums, and everything will be unbelivably good. The whole point of a World Cup is expand football worldwide and find a champion country, so I think this is what Middle Eastern football needs to take it off. Thousands and thousands of youngsters will be training now just for a chance to get into the team, and, who knows, they might even win it :P

It's in a desert. Alcohol is banned in most places. ****** hot. Same population as Bristol. Smaller than the Falkland Island. No Prostitution.

Blatter called Qatar a growing football market. They will probably never compete in a world cup ever after 2022. FIFA officials are more interested in lining there pockets rather than choosing the best place to host the world cup. No doubt many Indian builders will die building these stadiums.

1 vote would have been from the english guy, the bbc said we were going to get 3 for definate apparently bbc is wrong

Back