England 2018 World Cup Bid Update Thread

Great presentation. As much as I hate David Cameron, his speaking skills were great. As were Beckham's.

Milton Keynes thats a odd one

Stadiums pretty smart, area isn't too bad, city centre isn't too bad
& increased revenue will mean they can spruce bits up.

&&&& they have Xscape!

Beck:wub:

He brought a massive tear to my Eye. Up the england.

Becks is a true legend of the English game, love him.

wasnt the spain bid basically about how good their train network is? oO)

More or less, yeah. Even Eusebio was boring.

From BBC Russia's Pavel Bandakov in Fifa media centre, Zurich: "Latest speculation here by my Russian journalist colleagues is that there is a chance that President Medvedev could come over to support Russia's presentation scheduled to begin at 1100 GMT."
From BBC Brazil´s Jair Rattner in Lisbon: "A Portuguese commentator on Channel TV1 is claiming the English presentation is inferior to the Iberian one: "To say the best players are in England should be called blasphemy."

I think England will win 2018, but admittedly I'm more interested in 2022. I hope we (Australia) win it. IMO it is between us and America. Japan and South Korea are wasting their time IMO, as they only just co-hosted it in 2002. And Qatar is too risky IMO.

While America has a much larger population by itself, out region is the most populous. And I can assure you that the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese will come here in droves if we get it. Not to mention Europeans and North/South Americans.

Come play in the only continent that hasn't had the cup yet ;)

Last edited:
I think England will win 2018, but admittedly I'm more interested in 2022. I hope we (Australia) win it. IMO it is between us and America. Japan and South Korea are wasting their time IMO, as they only just co-hosted it in 2002. And Qatar is too risky IMO.

While America has a much larger population by itself, out region is the most populous. And I can assure you that the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese will come here in droves if we get it. Not to mention Europeans and North/South Americans.

Come play in the only continent that hasn't had the cup yet ;)

Would like to see Oz, but Qatar have the unlimited money to make theirs happen. Australia has the multi-national population, which is a bonus

Hahah Arshavin really does sound like the meerkat.

I'd like to see Russia get it for 2018, and Australia for 2022. I'd like to go to see games in Russia, as I've never been there, and it would be good to host the World Cup somewhere new. As for Australia, I'd like to see different nations host the World Cup, and it would be good if Australia have the opportunity to do so.

very surprised spain and portugal didn't use their top stars like ronaldo etc...

Russia look good, thats for sure. Still come one England, Russia have racism against them.

Would like to see Oz, but Qatar have the unlimited money to make theirs happen. Australia has the multi-national population, which is a bonus

Problem with Qatar us that they don't let Women, gays, non believers or Jews into there stadiums so if they win. bribe bribe bribe.

So pleased with the amount of work Becks is putting into this, just shows his passion for England.

I got a day off school today due to snow, so I will be able to keep an eye out for the decisions.

Hopefully it's England.

If not, I wouldn't mind Spain & Portugal hosting. Not Russia though.

What channel is it on? :S