England 2018 World Cup Bid Update Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Juneau59
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 378
  • Views Views 18K
Tic Tac, Tic Tac goes the
dali-clock-500x500.jpg

Good luck England and Holland/Belgium in reverse order :D

Ah well, seeing my picture i'm Blatter, and the winner is.....

Seeing Prince William, David Cameron and Beckham all chatting at that table just seemed so bizarre for some reason.

Unconfirmed reports that Qatar have won the 2022 Finals, and that the 2018 voting has gone to a third round..

Unconfirmed reports that Qatar have won the 2022 Finals, and that the 2018 voting has gone to a third round..

Is that why it's delayed? Or is the (possible) 3rd voting round scheduled for later this day anyway?

Qatar have won it have they, think FIFA have got that spot on, would be great to see it there :)

For Quatar the time dif isn't bad as its only 18.03 on thursday 02/11/2010

haven't seen anyone mention this yet but eddie afekafe was immense and certainly the best speaker for england in the presentation.

haven't seen anyone mention this yet but eddie afekafe was immense and certainly the best speaker for england in the presentation.

Yes he was indeed. Better than Becks telling about his grandfather being dead :S

Yes he was indeed. Better than Becks telling about his grandfather being dead :S

totally disagree, i think for a person like Becks to stand up and present like that was admirable. Its not his comfort zone AT ALL, he did exceptionally well considering he's "thick"!

And i think the Grandad story, was to add a personal, heart felt, emotional touch to the bid.

No one could have done any more, if we don't manage to get the bid, its all our fault anyway XD

our = Blues fans...

totally disagree, i think for a person like Becks to stand up and present like that was admirable. Its not his comfort zone AT ALL, he did exceptionally well considering he's "thick"!

And i think the Grandad story, was to add a personal, heart felt, emotional touch to the bid.

No one could have done any more, if we don't manage to get the bid, its all our fault anyway XD

our = Blues fans...

great post, but please change the record from blues fans, every account of voilence over the last 2 years has been branded with this, nothing new it being your fault.

our = Blues fans...

Yeah i know. It was a nice story and i know where he's coming from. Just at the time when i heard i sort of 'wished' Holland would have such an emotional message :)

great post, but please change the record from blues fans, every account of voilence over the last 2 years has been branded with this, nothing new it being your fault.

totally agree!! the amount of grief we've had from it though is ridiculous and Im sick of it, every paper except the daily star has connected last night to the bid.
We should be judged totally separate to a minority of thugs, every country has them, most countries far worse than ours.

Why is it always late... these things never seem to stay on time :$

On SSN they are showing you the England Video and its epic fantastic backing music and they are asking Arsene, Harry Roberto and Sir Alex
what they think of England

Sep Blatter will do something...hypocritical I reckon.

Announcement imminent. People in the auditorium being asked to take their seats.. it's about to happen! :)

Apparently England went out in first stage of voting.

unconfirmed reports that england have been knocked out in the first round :'(

Back