England vs Ghana - Tues 29th March

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 478
  • Views Views 26K
Playing football 6-7, train's at 7:30 to get home, 50 minute journey...going to miss the first half...sad times. Think it might be an interesting game.

Two mediocre sides....who cares?

Whilst I sort of agree in that I don't really care who wins, and I doubt it will be all that interesting... you could probably put that post in a better way.

Then why post on the thread if you dont care

OT: I really like Ghana so wouldn't mind a draw, especially a 4-4 or higher :D

If we conceded 4 goals I would be irritated by our ***** defence. I'd prefer 1-1.

I hope any of our players come off after 45 mins, but I'm not holding my breath given Capello's record for obsinacy. This is just another injury-threatening banana skin, & for what ? Another chance by the FA to rip off the paying public on a pointless game ? A chance to add to a player's caps-haul on a non event ?

God I hate these matches.

Bit of an insult to Sturridge to be fair. He's been England U21's standout performer for the past few games, thought he would've been called up. Especially seeing as Welbeck only came back from injury a few weeks ago. Fair play do Welbeck though - hopefully he gets on at some point.

Bit of an insult to Sturridge to be fair. He's been England U21's standout performer for the past few games, thought he would've been called up. Especially seeing as Welbeck only came back from injury a few weeks ago. Fair play do Welbeck though - hopefully he gets on at some point.

Welbeck has been playing first team football since August. Sturridge only since Jan.

Welbeck has also been very good this season for both Sunderland the the U21s and is probably more capable of playing wide-right.

Eugh. Barry is truely awful, Parker is so much more deserving of the armband... I reckon with Lennon being back at WHL, Jarvis may start. Hope we go with natural wingers with Carrol up front, maybe Downing/Jarvis (or did Downing go back to Villa?)

Ash Young and Downing are expected to start on the wings with Carroll up front alone.

Milner is expected to start in central midfield with Wilshere and Barry as Parker isn't expected to be risked with West Ham playing United on Saturday lunchtime.

England 7-0 Ghana
Carroll 2
Defoe 1
Wilshere 1
Parker 2
Lennon 1
Jagielka 1

Sky Sports have just confirmed England's Starting XI for tonight..

Hart
Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines
Barry
Wilshere - Milner
Young ------------------------------ Downing
Carroll​

Downing makes his first start for England in over 2 years, while Wilshere starts for the injured Scott Parker.

Last edited:

Hart
Barry
Wilshere - Milner
Young ------------------------------ Milner
Carroll​

Downing makes his first start for England in over 2 years, while Wilshere starts for the injured Scott Parker.
lol wut, milner has a brother? :P

Hart
Barry
Wilshere - Milner
Young ------------------------------ Milner
Carroll​

Fail.

Back