English Premier League Chairman Game

View attachment 682868
Time to sit down with Southampton Chairman Murley!

How are you today?
Stressed over some transfers but I'm sure I'll get over it.

How did you feel the season went as a whole?
The season was a failure! Was we're playing amazing before the January window sold some players to rival teams and slipped to 11th! This season we have to really push on.

What are your plans for the next season? Where do you want to finish next year?

Well, I haven't got plans as such but to just force ourselves up the table, we are starting to get the players to improve our side but has been hard due to lack of finances compared to other teams. If we managed to reach Europe last season it would help us with finances for this season but we didn't put enough effort in.

Who do you feel are rivals to your ambitions for next season?

We have a number of rivals for Europe next season but I just want everyone to play with pressure next season and do what they do best. But I can see hull doing well again this season along with Newcastle.

Is there one Chairman you don't like?

I don't like any chairman. Anyone who plays against us are rivals and enemies. We don't have to like them just play in the same place as them and of course come out on top!

Is there any chairmen in particular you feel you get along with?

Newcastle chairman Lewie and I have made some dealings in the past which I have been fairly happy with, so he is the closest person that I feel I "get along" with.

Are you satisfied with the performance of your manager so far?
Koeman and I have a working relationship and understand each other. But, saying that, this is a business and it's MY business. If he doesn't performance up to standards and fails again this season we could be looking elsewhere and he knows this.

What do you think of Frank Lampard moving from Newcastle to Liverpool?

No comment, never liked this fella.

Do you think Arsenal will manage to keep their title next year?

Haha! Arsenal win another cup?! Yeah right was a one off everyone know that. Arsenal don't win... Sorry, I meant CANT win cups!

There has been no signings from Koeman this year so far, is this evidence you are in control of transfers and not him?

He has the money there, he knows where we need to improve. I have signed a few players myself and interested in 2 more players, if we can grab them before the window shuts who knows? But what I can say is one of the players are from a former prem side.

Thanks

View attachment 682871

Next into the hot seat was Man United Chairman Grant Ndow

How are you today?
I am feeling good about today. I will be confirming a couple of transfers at least and hopefully there will be more soon.

Overall I think we were below par last season especially in the first half of the season under Louis Van Gaal. We were unable to challenge for the Premier League or the Champions League and a run in the domestic cups can’t hide that.

My main objective is to return to Champions League football. That is the minimum objective for Andre Villas-Boas. 4th place is a minimum but I will be expecting to push for the title. With so many competitive teams however the title is uncertain.

I think the Premier League is the only league in the world where there are so many competitive teams. All of the current top 4 will be looking to maintain their status although I think Everton and Newcastle could struggle after losing John Stones and Juan Mata respectively. I would expect both Man City and Liverpool to improve this season so they will both be challenging us for a top 4 position.

I have yet to run into a chairman that I personally dislike although I have found some easier to get along with and to discuss transfers with. We are all looking for the best deals but I feel some chairman are out there purely for the money.

I have got along well with the Newcastle (Lewie100) and the Aston Villa (avfctom) chairman well so far but I have yet to personally speak to everyone in the league so I am sure I will get to know more chairman as this transfer window and the next season goes on.

After only coming into the club in January I feel that AVB has done a good job so far. I didn’t expect him to come in with a winning formula straight away but I feel he now knows the squad well and he should be looking to push the club on in the next season with the right signings.

Who is running the club on a day to day basis You or AVB?
AVB is definitely running the club on a day to day basis but I do like to check on how he is doing regularly. After being involved in football for such a long time it is hard to allow one man to run the club especially one so young.

Who wass your player of the season?
I was personally very impressed by Phil Jones who over the last couple of years has pushed on to become one of the best central defenders in the league. He has started to become more consistent which is vital when you play at this high level. I was also impressed with Adnan Januzaj after he came back from his loan at Newcastle in January. I am looking forward to seeing both players perform next season.

Any players you are looking to get rid of?
I am looking to move on a few players as I look to improve the squad. We currently have an abundance of attacking players which is why people such as Alvaro Vadillo and Anthony Knockaert are available. We also have too many central midfielders so both Maroune Fellaini and Nemanja Matic are both available for transfer and I urge any chairman that are interested in them to get in contact as soon as possible before they move to someone else.

Sule has got the Norwich interested in him again, would you be happy to see him go there for the season again?
There will be news involving Niklas Sule released very soon and it could interest a lot of people.

How many players do you think you will need to bring in to help you achieve your goals?
I feel at the moment we definitely need another winger and maybe more cover in defence but more importantly I think we need to move out players who are no longer needed at the club and I am willing to negotiate good deals for great players.

I felt he had built a good squad at Newcastle so I was surprised to see him leave after only 1 season but he has moved to a club that have larger finances which has already been shown by the fact that he has spent over £100 Million already this summer and there are still another 2 months of the window to go.

I think Arsenal have an impressive squad and they could retain their title but I can think 19 clubs who will be looking to do anything to stop that from happening and take the title for themselves.

Thanks for chatting, best of luck for the season
It has been my pleasure.

View attachment 682873

Paul Scholes, chairman of Everton was the next manager we invited along for our interview!

How are you today?
Fine, even if a little busier than usual due to the window

Congratulations on your 3rd place finish, you must be really pleased?
I am pleased with the overall season performance. However, I really do feel that the manager and players could have worked better together towards the end of the season. We had been playing extremely well until March when everything started to fall apart. If not for our late collapse, we could possibly have clinched the FA cup and finished 2nd.

Of course, with champions league football next year it is never going to be easy. However, I believe with the right additions we can push through and my league target for the upcoming season would be champions league qualification. I am not quite sure our squad is ready to challenge for the champions league title and would be happy if we get past the group stages.

Of course, we will have , as always, the red side of merseyside, Liverpool and perhaps Arsenal and Newcastle, whom we were sandwiched between last season. I don't really consider Chelsea to be a contender. With all their money they have built a top class squad with really good depth. In my opinion, as long as Chairman Nate Kronos signs the right players and Manager Jose Mourinho prevents another late season collapse much like yours truly, they should be able to clinch the title this year.

I try my best to get along well with everyone, so no, not really.

Of course, Norwich Chairman James Roots who I loaned 3 players to last season, one of which, Otavio proved essential in helping his club stay up. Other than that, the Man United Chairman and the Southampton Chairman are also good people.

I wouldn't go so far as to say i am satisfied with him. Of course, he did finish 3rd in the league last season, but we do have to remember the late season collapse. In my first season at the club, he led Everton to a miserable 13th place finish. Also, I do feel he could have gotten slightly more for John Stones.

Who is your player of the season?

Romelo Lukaku. With almost a goal a game last season, isn't it obvious?

Players aplenty, check my published transfer list for the whole lot, but notable players I would be more inclined to sell are Aiden Mcgeady, Seamus Coleman (yes) and Kevin Mirallas (you heard it)

After their loan spells at Norwich, Will Otavio, Benassi and Suarez feature after their success in keeping Norwich up.

I would be willing to give Otavio and Suarez, who did very well last season out at Norwich, a chance at putting on the Everton shirt. However, I do feel that Benassi could do well with another season out on loan as I already have good squad players in the CM position

Jan Kirchoff is a coup at £3.4m are you happy with the signing?

I am obviously pleased that we managed to get him for less than half his market value, but still feel that we really could have gotten more for stones, or even kept him, considering our lack of squad depth in the position.

Are you happy with the sale of John Stones to Man City, Surely you couldn't turn down £35m

Actually, I feel that we could have done without selling him, or gotten more for him. Don't get me wrong, it not that I would turn down money. Stones was a rock in defense last season and his partnership with de vrij was extremely solid. Together, they played a big part in helping us achieve champions league qualification, meaning big money. Without him, the journey would be much more difficult, especially with our lack of quality in the position.

Schalke lead the way for Kevin Mirallas can you confirm he will be leaving the club this summer

I would allow mirallas to leave but it would have to be for a good sum.

Thanks for chatting it has been a pleasure to meet you.

It's my pleasure :)

View attachment 682874
Man City Chairman Juan Santiago Telstar was next into the seat. This is what he had to say about Man City's disappointing season!

How are you today?
Hopeful. I'm hoping that next season will be better

Really badly. We finished 10th. 10th! We failed to live up to our expectations and that's one of the reasons me and the board decided to fire Manuel.

Next year? That's a good question. Next season I plan to win it like every other ambitious chairman.

Mostly Chelsea and our arch rivals Manchester United. I hate to admit it but they both a great squad.

I can't say that I personally hate any chairmen. But professionally it's my job to hate everything involved with Manchester United. But yeah, everyone's really nice.

Well, I try to treat everyone the same, but I feel that Tom Brown is a cool fella.

I actually haven't had time to get a review of Mancini's actions so far.

Mancini has been busy so far splashing £31m on De Bruyne and £35m for Stones are you happy with these signings?
I gave Mancini free hands to make the squad by his own, how do you say it, wanting,intuition? I'm sorry, I'm not native english speaker. I like Spanish better.

Rumour has it you are interested in Hamšik is this true?
I'm not going to discuss transfer stories with you.

After winning the league the season before, then finishing 10th, what do you think went wrong?
I think that the team and manager were overconfident. They did not realize the threat other team were. Season before last one was practically perfect. They hoped to continue it, but as I said before they were too cocky.

Thanks for being so honest hope your season is better than last year!
No problem! I'm glad you came, cause I wanted to let my and Manchester city's fans know what went wrong.

I'm looking forward to the next set of interviews later in the season, I regret not being more controversial....

View attachment 682877
Next into the room was the relegated Leicester Chairman, who clearly was distraught with his relegation to the Championship as didn't have much to say.

How are you today?
I am fine

The season is a diaster we got relegated.

My plans is to return to the premier league stronger, i want the sky bet championship

Almost all team will be rivals.

Why should I tell you who I dont like?

It would be the southampton chairman.

There is a new manager so i cant comment his performance yet.

Who is running the club on a day to day basis?
I am

Who was your player of the season?
No one, the players dissapointed the team so no one.

any player can go if someone bids for them for a right price.

How many players do you think you will need to bring in to help you achieve your goals?
A lot of players will be needed to improve the team

It might be a great move for lampard .

I think Arsenal can retain the title but it be hard

View attachment 682880
New Chelsea chairman Nate Kronos was the penaltimute Chairman through the door but he had plenty to say!

How are you today?
Pretty good thanks.

I think even though we just missed out on the title, the fa cup win was good, and overall it was fairly successful.

I plan on competing and doing well in all competitions, especially in the premier League, which I am aiming to win. I would also like to do better in the Champions League.

Definitely arsenal again. They'll be up towards the top of the table. I'm also for seeing Manchester United pushing up around there too.

I get along with all of them, although I haven't interacted with many of them.

We've been doing a lot of business with united recently, and their manager has been an absolute delight to work with.

Yes. People are focused on his late season results, but he was on a fantastic winning streak at the beginning of the season. Also, his cup run was fantastic.

Surely after the complete disaster at the end of last season, you can't be happy with Jose at the moment?
I am not excited, but I have faith in Jose. He is extremely talented, and with a successful transfer window, we can win the league next year.

What do you think about the return of Juan Mata from Newcastle?
At first, I was skeptical, but Jose convinced be how quality of a player he is, and 25 m is an absolute steal! Some other players may be on the way out, though.

Apparently Juventus are interested in Willian, would you be looking to sell
I would consider it. He's good, but if Juventus comes in with a good offer, Willian may leave.

View attachment 682883
Last Chairman through the door was new Reading Chairman Jonatan Zeranata.

How are you today?
I am doing wonderfully today. Thanks for asking.

It was overall a good season. We still have a lot to improve on but it was a very encouraging season.

I am hoping to, at the least, qualify for the Europa League. That would make next season a success.

I would have to say the teams that finished ahead of us for the last Europa League spot last season. Obviously, we need to beat them if we want to accomplish our goal next season so they are our 'rivals'.

I don't believe so and hopefully it stays that way.

None as of yet but this I hope does change.

Yes, I am. Nigel has done a wonderful job getting this club out of the Championship and into the Premier League, and that's not even including finishing a very respectable 12th in our first season. I firmly believe Nigel Adkins can continue to improve this team and qualify for the Europa League at the least as I mentioned beforehand.

I've always respected Mr. Lampard as a player and still as a manager. Therefore, I would not be surprised at Liverpool getting back near the top this upcoming season with him at the helm.

It will be tough. The EPL is the toughest league to play in and win so they will have some difficulty in repeating. I've seen some teams making good moves in this transfer window so I'll have to say we will be crowning a new champion next season.

View attachment 682886
Last but not least we have an exclusive interview with the new Liverpool manager Frank Lampard. This is what he had to say!

How are you today?
I am great thanks!

We really defied the odds last season, it couldn't of gone any better with how it finished. I mean we managed to finish 4th above the likes of Manchester United so with the way it finished I was delighted! But throughout the season I wanted to rip my eyeballs out as our defence would just let goals ship in, we was poor defensively. I wish Newcastle the best of luck for next season but not against us.

What are your plans for the next season?
My plans are simple, I want to win a trophy with Liverpool. We need silverware, we are the biggest club in England and we deserve it, mainly we need to improve our position from last season. I will plan to do that and I think with our new signings we can try and fight for a Europa spot at the minimum.

Teams improve every season and as the seasons go on every team in the league get more competitive, there are a lot of rivals out there this season, to name a few there is Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Everton and Arsenal. Newcastle? No I don't think they will be a rival for us this season, they have lost some of their best players and Zidane isn't experienced in the Premier League, they will struggle without me.

Is there one Chairman you wouldn't want to work with?

I think I'm able to work with most chairman, I would struggle to work with the Leicester chairman, he has had two clubs and has been relegated twice. He has no ambition and I couldn't work for a man like that.

In recent times he has been unprofessional, I am a full on professional and I would need to work with someone who takes their work as serious as I do, he does not. With now working under the Liverpool owner I will be 100% on his side as we have a good working relationship and from what I have seen he is a good man.

Can you confirm the names of the other clubs who were interested in your services after you announced your decision to leave Newcastle?
Early on I gathered around four teams interested in me. First there was Chelsea and Everton, I went through a small interview with the Chelsea owner but he didn't want me in the end, I think it's because he is a bit cheap and didn't want to spend much money to sack José. Admittedly I was very interested in Everton, they at that point was the club I wanted to go to when both Chelsea and Everton were interested in me.

City then came into the frame then and my heart was still with Everton but as soon as I got the call from Liverpool I knew where I wanted to go, you here people say "as soon as this club came in and my head was turned" well that is true, when I heard of Liverpool's interest there was only one club for me and I am delighted to be here.

You have spent a massive amounts of money in the transfer window so far, how did you manage to pull off all these transfers?
There was a lot of negotiating admittedly, I had to reopen bids with Di Maria quite a few times as my contract offers were not good enough. I don't know how I managed to get most of them. In football you have to aim high and that is what I did, I want the best players to play for Liverpool and I think I have done that with bringing in some world class players. I also saw Marco Reus have a 44m release clause and we had to snap him up for that price, even if it is quite pricey. I think bringing in these players highlights how big this club is even without European football and that is why I'm so happy to be here.

Which transfer are you looking forward to seeing most?
I look forward to seeing them all play, but I think definitely the wingers I look forward to most. Angel and Marco will be crucial for our plans this season and will be influential down the flanks.

There is a couple on my list, Vela is heading to France for a medical in a 19m. I won't be giving away information as we are still deciding, our owner will release the list when he is ready.

Rumour has it that Dortmund have tabled a bid of £40m for Coutinho, can you confirm this? are you looking to sell?
It is a tough one, he has handed in a transfer request and wants to leave, 40m is a good price but we will have to see what happens in the future, I am undecided myself at this moment in time

Good luck for the season!
Thanks!

View attachment 682887

Our next interview is with James Roots. A chairman, who changes clubs like socks. He has had 3 clubs so far, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for joining me!
You are welcome, thanks for giving me the chance to express myself.

Will you be making a move on Everton player Alessio Romagnoli?
Alessio is not a player I am currently interested in however, I have a great relationship with the Everton Chairman Paul Scholes and I can exclusively reveal, two players may be coming back to us again this season from them!

Why did you decide to sell your main centre back Ryan Bennett to Hull for 4.2 million?
This decision was actually down to the manager. I can understand why we sold him though as Hull definately over achieved last season and it gives Ryan a better chance to prove how good he really is! We have plenty of centre backs Including club captain Sebastian Bassong, Vergini and Jamaal Lascelles so we shouldn't miss him too much!

Can we expect many transfers from your side this window?
I have given the manager his budget but we spent big last season so I wouldn't expect to many big money signings. We have already brought in Angelo Henriquez from Utd so there probably won't be many transfers until January as by then I will be able to tell if we need to spend or not.

Who will you be trying to buy and sell? Like really get rid of?
Any player is available at the right price. I would like to get rid of one of my goalkeepers as I have 3 quality ones and I feel like I may be holding them back so if anyone wants to take a punt at one of them then feel free!

Who do you expect to make the largest impact on your squad?
Jovetic was unable to play last season so I expect him to be firing on all cylinders to repay his massive price we paid on him. Young Henriquez has a point to prove to Man Utd as well, he will show them why they were wrong to let him go so cheap.

Lastly, Ricky Lambert was your top scorer last season. Do you think he will perform this season too despite his age?
Ricky has lots of competition this year from Henriquez and Jovetic so he might struggle to replicate the form he showed us last year to be honest.

Thank You for the interview!
You are very welcome

cleardot.gif

Stay tuned for more interviews with Premier league key figures. Bye!

Last edited:
Lost all 3 starter games... Going to be a great season for the saints lol.

Will get through requests later. If you have sent me requests for balance if you could either ask someone else or look at your balance in finances that might give you a rough estimate unfortunately I am out

View attachment 338620
A seriously tough start has left The Canaries languishing at the bottom of the table in 19th. This is what Chairman James Roots had to say.

"I hope the fans don't jump on our backs yet. We have had an extremely tough opening 3 games of the season playing Everton and reigning champions Arsenal. Including the cup game we are averaging atleast 2 goals a game so it shows we have a problem with the defense. This is something I am looking to solve in the closing hours of the transfer window.

In terms of transfers, I am pretty angry with Neil for paying £2.6m for a player whose name I can't even pronounce, let alone heard of them. However, I am pretty impressed with the signing of Michu. In terms of my transfers I arranged to bring in Henriquez who has scored 2 goals in first 3 games so it looks as if he will be a bargain at the potential price of £2.5m. In terms of going out, as I mentioned in a recent interview, Ryan Bennett went to Hull for a fee of £4.6m. I will be looking to plug this gap as I like having 4 main centre backs of which I have 3 at the moment as Lascelles has gone to Palace on loan. Also like I said in the interview recently. I am actively looking for someone to snap up one of my goalkeepers. I feel I am holding either Ruffier, Ruddy or Darlow back as not all 3 of them will be first choice. I will list their asking prices below but these are open to negotiation with players or clauses.

Hopefully once we finalise our deals we will be in a much stronger place come next update"

Could someone tell me what my balance is? Can't get on the game atm.

Can anyone email me SS's of the spurs team & u21's and finances please, i currently dont have accsess to FM

Any help will be much appreciated and go along way in forming a relationship between us which in turn will make transfer dealings easier... if you catch my drift :)

Back