English Premier League Chairman Game

If you want me to explain why i thought Liverpool was the better option

Liverpool
2nd most successful PL club
European football
More likely to play 1st team football at a young age (than at Chelsea or City)
Finished 2nd last season

Man Utd
Most successful PL club
No European football
Likely to play youngsters (more than city or Chelsea)
Finished 7th or something last season (too tired to remember)

I'm too tired to remember all factors but all four/five clubs had positive factors about them, I thought Liverpool and United would be most likely options and then based my judgement on those factors and see what was a more likely move

These are good factors to take into consideration and I might be a little biased as I am Man Utd Chairman but I think you missed out on a factor that could have sent him to Man Utd. Van Gaal plays 3 CB's and only had Evans Smalling and Jones while Rodgers plays 2 CB's and had Agger Toure and Lovren, I think the chairman sold Skrtel to someone but I cant definitely remember. This means that Balanta will probably get more game time at Man Utd than Liverpool. I think this could be another factor you use to decide for later transfers.

I'm away from the laptop till tonight. Can someone (who is already on the save) let me know who Southampton bought please? As in manager wise.
Ron Vlaar for 7.25 million (REALLY good buy imo)
Santiago Vergini for 2.6 million
Sold Fonte for 1.4 million
Sold Clyne to United for 16 million (Uh oh)
and a few youngsters loaned away

unTON7ZKkcyv7tOqto5entZgeseWrJvNK0yyulDPX76fDha4uOAgZ37z54svc8wHBK4bJ1OOGxi0N-TlBb8hoAI4jPm-KCdeXas9nIzgw6G01B9s92L7c_ridZiiXBuIOYkUXOz1T7cPyeKw-OmU54rlwWbt3olYxoV8WsnKEw6oLw=s0-d-e1-ft

The Scholes TalesWelcome to the humble blog of Paul Scholes
Blog Entry: 5 October 2013
Hey guys, its been a long time since Ive written, and I've lots to say, so without further ado, lets get right into it. As you would probably know, the transfer window closed not too long ago and i have to say that I genuinely felt it was a fruitful first window under my care. I will let you settle on your own opinion of course, although I am sure you will agree with me. Anyway, here are the signings:
Format- Player Name (Price)-Comments
IN:
Emmanuel Adebayor (2 mil)- Real bargain buy for a top class striker who was deemed surplus to requirements at Tottenham
Rafinha (5.5mil)- Young talented winger arrives from Barcelona. Could be the long term replacement to Mirallas
Jan Oblak (1.2mil)- Another one for the future. At only 20 is showing bucketloads of potential. I dont really like Joel either so could be backup to Howard soon
Alessio Romagnoli (2mil)- Woohoo fantastic young center-back for a fantastic price!
Leandro Castan (7.2mil)- Most established player arrives from Roma to add youth and quality to the defense which can probably be said to be slightly...erm...aged.
Donis Avdijaj (1.13mil)- Definitely a striker for the future. Arrives from Roma for next to nothing
Karim Rekik (5k loan fee)- Arrives on loan to provide cover

OUT:
Steven Naismith (5.5 mil)- Leaves for QPR for quite a hefty sum. Not really needed in our squad. Isn't doing exceptionally well in his new home either heheh :)
Leon Osman (2.5 mil)- Although a decent player, isn't getting any younger and not essential, so we said goodbye and sold him to Swansea while we could still get something
Bryan Oviedo (200k per month loan)- Lucrative loan for the exciting young left back for him to gain some experience
John Stones (400k per month loan)- Even more lucrative loan for an even more exciting player

On the manager transfers front, Mr Martinez wasn't really active. Most interesting deal was a Duffy loan to Celtic. Meh.

Alright, now to the next section. Many people have been asking me about my thoughts on Everton's recent form. Firstly, 13th place in the league and getting kicked out of the League Cup in the 3rd round isn't the most encouraging. HOWEVER, we do have to remember, look above, look at the transfer window shake-up. They would need time to gel and get to know each other. I mean, you wouldn't meet a stranger one day and be his best friend the next, would you? Furthermore, our losses so far were against reputable sides and the only results I would be disappointed in would be the 0-3 loss to Southampton and 1-3 loss to Villa.

Anyways, I will give Mr Martinez some time to improve his results. Obviously, however, if he is unable to improve the results, adios, brother.

Ron Vlaar for 7.25 million (REALLY good buy imo)

Yea... thanks; my **** captain left? Everybody take a look at Villa's results no Quintero playing *facepalm* and injuries galore.. blame it on cohesion but we will pick up boys!

The worst part is the rationale being the Vlaar sale: Best center back, captain, and without him we only have three center backs (Okore, Gomez, and Clark, although Romeu can play there as well)... currently okore out for next two games (he's been out for whole season so far) as is Gomez.. oh dear and Hutton started last game as CB when Romeu is by far better and we have defensive mids; hopefully Lambert will gel the team together in the next few months.. but just why sell Vlaar mate. why?

Last edited:

Average is the word that Chairman Bob Taylor has used to describe the start of the season for The Baggies.

We hardly set the world alight this month did we? We have had some decent results after a horrible start against Southampton and Leicester but I do feel like we need some more fire power. We haven't scored more than one goal in any of our games so far and this is something I feel that needs to be addressed. Also although we did field a weaker 11 I am horrified to go out in the cup to league 1 side Preston. However we are sitting 12th which is our predicted position so I can not complain, especially if we win our game in hand which unfortunately is against Man Utd but we could storm into the top half with a win over them.

On the transfer side of things we have let a lot of our youngsters go and also made one more sale. Mulumbu got sold after receiving a monster £10m bid from Napoli, an offer which both Alan and I both agreed was too big to turn down!

Next couple of months should shape our season as we face the likes of Spurs, Man Utd & Liverpool. Teams all of which that I feel we could put pressure on and show that we are on the edge of the tap half and deserve to be respected.

By the way, does any of money generated from sales the manager makes in game go towards our budgets?

View attachment 344386

Tensions build at Old Trafford

With Manchester United currently sitting mid table in 10th position there are people from within the club reporting that there is an obvious tension between club manager Louis Van Gaal and and the new owner Gonzalo Flores. The main area of disagreement seems to be with the teams tactics with Louis Van Gaal preferring a 532 tactic while Gonzalo Flores favours a 4231 tactic. With the results so far not favourable for Manchester United with the team losing to their fierce rivals Livepool 2-1 and struggling to an extra time victory over Crystal Palace in the Capital One Cup, Gonzalo Flores may start to feel he should bring in a manager who agrees with his ideas on how the team should play.

There has already been talk about who could come into the club if Louis Van Gaal is fired with names such Antonio Conte and Diego Simeone being mentioned. It is also believed that club legend Ryan Giggs could have an outside chance of being promoted from assistant manager to take over.

Yea... thanks; my **** captain left? Everybody take a look at Villa's results no Quintero playing *facepalm* and injuries galore.. blame it on cohesion but we will pick up boys!

Sorry mate I had no control over it.... But my manager did well ;) lol.

View attachment 344371

Southampton Board Are Happy

According to sources inside the Saints camp, Southampton's new chairman and board are fairly happy with the start they have had in the league, cup and transfers. As we know from our last interview, Southampton bought a number of players to improve the team but have they signed any more since? Yes. Manager Koeman first decided the services of Jose Fonte had come to an end and sold the defender to Sunderland for a fee of £1.4m which was fairly low but also lowered the wage budget. Secondly, Nathaniel Clyne has been sold on to Man Utd! It is said chairman Murley was not happy about this deal happening at all and also threw a chair through Koeman's office window to show him he wasn't happy about the sell. Moving on, Koeman replaced Fonte was Aston Villa's captain Ron Vlaar for a fee of £7.25m and Sunderland Centre Back Santiago Vergini for £2.6m.

Top player so far this season has to be Dani Osvaldo with 3 goals in 4 games. It's not been a great start for the lad personally because he has been injured twice and is currently out for 3 weeks. For the saints sake, he comes back as strong as he left off. The striker has also managed to maintain a 7.40 rating over the 4 games played also, maybe a contender for a golden boot this season?

Worse player so far this season is loanee Saphir Taider. The midfielder is also out injured for the next 2/3 months just after 3 games, maybe it's for the best at the moment? Taider has only put out a average of 6.29 rating and 77% passing ratio.

Until, next update. Thank you for listening to saintsfc.co.uk.

Not to make things worse but Clyne is currently sitting on my U21's getting no game time at all. And with the signing of Sakai I don't really need Clyne that much.

There should be transfer embargo's placed on all of the clubs so that no manager decides to sell anyone (pretty much killed my defense Lambert :/) Oh well it happens ahaha.

There should be transfer embargo's placed on all of the clubs so that no manager decides to sell anyone (pretty much killed my defense Lambert :/) Oh well it happens ahaha.

I think this would ruin the game especially when its in England as the manager should be able to do what he wants. If a spanish league chairman game was set up then this could be done as managers there are actually more just head coaches and in charge of organising the team for matches and training.

Would kill the game tbh. Would be like playing a normal game.

hi-res-182946084-manchester-city-team-line-up-before-the-uefa-champions_crop_north.jpg

Manchester City 2 Month Review

Currently we are on top of the league with Liverpool closely on our tail. Same as Liverpool, we have won 4 games and drawn 2. We are on the first position thanks to goal difference. Ours is 8 and 'Pools is 7.

To my players performances now. My biggest disappointment is Mascherano. He hasn't impressed me. He hasn't played well, but me and the manager are willing to give him until the end of this season. We believe that he just needs to adjust to playing in England again. Another one is Verratti, whom in I'm disappointed, but the same deal with hil like with Javier.

But an absolute bombshell has been Kompany. The captain has yet again proved his value to the team. Played 8 games and already he has scored a goal. That's an impressive result for a defender.

Our youngster Nastasic has really proved himself these two months. I am very glad I didn't sell him during the summer transfer window. He has played 4 games and in every single one of them, he showed his passion torwards football to all of us.

View attachment 344050

My top scorer's currently are Negredo and Dzeko, with both scoring 6 goals.

hi-res-459423177-alvaro-negredo-of-manchester-city-is-substituted-for_crop_north.jpg

Injuries have been a problem indeed in this season for many Premier League teams. My team has at the time 4 injured players. Longest one out on the lines is our star striker 'kun' Aguero. He had broken his foot in our pre-season matches. Another of our most valued and important players out in the touchline are Kolarov, Zabaleta and Javi Garcia.

And the mastermind behind this is our clubs very own manager Manuel Pellegrini. Without him and his impressive tactical knowledge we wouldn't be here.

View attachment 344049

My thanks goes out to everyone who is in the backrooms, on and off the fields. They are the real Heroes of this club. Thank You!

Back