English Premier League Chairman Game

An unfortunate welcome to the Premier League for Forest
View attachment 339998Well it has been an interesting start to the season for Nottingham Forest. The league is so close at the moment anything can happen. This is what chairman James Roots had to say.

Well it has been a tough start for Stuart and the lads. We missed out on all 3 of our free transfers with Ashley Young moving to Everton despite us offering the most money. We Missed out on Juan Manuel Vargas who didn't want to sign for us but then decided to sign for Olimpia for a wage of £7.5k a week when we offered him 35k! Also Kieran Richardson has seemed to reject us after his release from Villa, despite still being a free agent! we did however sign 4 players, two from Sunderland and two from Swansea. Wes Brown and Modibo Diakite come in from Sunderland to provide us some strength and experience to go next to young Jack Hobbs and Lascelles. Also coming in was Lukas Fabianski arrived to provide backup for Karl Darlow and Bafetimbi Gomis has come in from Swansea too to help fire us to preimer league safety. I have to say I am happy with our performance so far as although we sit level on points in the relegation zone, if we win our next game we could be nearer the top half of the league!
I am now going to hand over to Stuart for the fixtures we went through.

Thank you James. I have to say I am rather disappointed with our moves in the transfer market but I am sure come January we will have another crack at the whip. We decided not to concentrate on the cup, hence why we scraped past Bristol City, and lost to Sheffield United. Onto the league, 2 wins against Spurs and Aston Villa along with two draws against Man Utd and Palace show that we can mix it with the big boys. However the rest of the games we lost. These games were against Hull, Chelsea, Everton, Swansea and Leicster. We have a few must win games coming up before the January window which could send us up the league and allow us to attract some better players. Thanks.

(I don't know if you missed the Richardson transfer as I was just wondering why he didn't move to us and is still a free agent. Also the reasons why Vargas rejected us because he is no on like 1/5 of the wages he would of been on with us.)

Fantastic Form
unTON7ZKkcyv7tOqto5entZgeseWrJvNK0yyulDPX76fDha4uOAgZ37z54svc8wHBK4bJ1OOGxi0N-TlBb8hoAI4jPm-KCdeXas9nIzgw6G01B9s92L7c_ridZiiXBuIOYkUXOz1T7cPyeKw-OmU54rlwWbt3olYxoV8WsnKEw6oLw=s0-d-e1-ft

Everton have improved by leaps and bounds after a terrible first season under the leadership of former Manchester United legend Paul Scholes in which they finished a miserable 13th, missing out of European football. Although the fans would have been dismayed, any of those doubts about Scholes' ability would have been erased as Everton sit in 2nd place after 9 games, many of which against big teams. We bring to you a summary of their fantastic season so far:

Transfer Window

First, the highly anticipated, all-important transfer window. This is where Scholes worked his magic, shipping out players smartly and bringing in quality players while keeping the bank balance in the black. Let's take a look at Everton's transfer activity:

Roberto Martinez's transfers-
OUT- Jan Oblak (Free): A terrible transfer by Martinez. The brightest talent in the goalkeeping department shipped out on a free. Horrendous.

Jindrich Stanek (220k to Ipswich): Fringe player who would probably not make it into the first team anyway shipped out for a 25k profit. Decent.

Leighton Baines (17million to Arsenal): The ever-present left back left for a decent amount. They probably could have gotten more for him but the 17 million freed up would do wonders for their bank balance.

The rest of the transfers out were loans, nothing much to talk about.

IN-Andrea Campagnolo (Free): No idea why he was signed! Not much quality at all and ageing. Only upside was the free transfer and his low wages.

Paul Scholes transfers-
OUT-Leandro Castan (7.5 million to Newcastle): Not a bad transfer fee for a player who was brought in to impress last season but failed to do so. His 80k p/w wages will not be missed.

James McCarthy
(16 million+ 2million for C.L. Qualification to Man United): One of the star players for Everton last year in a shock sale to United. However, it was a very good offer and probably one that was irresistible for Everton.

IN-Gabi (Free): The midfield enforcer previously from Atletico Madrid joins Everton on a free to help fill the gap left by McCarthy.

Marco Benassi
(Free): The promising centre midfielder joins Everton on a free transfer. Looks to have a bright future.

Ashley Young
(Free): Yet another free transfer as the ex-Manchester United winger joins to provide squad depth.

Andrea Bertolacci
(4.8 million from Genoa): Possibly the long-term replacement for McCarthy joins from Genoa for a fraction of the price.

Denis Suarez
(4.1 million from Barcelona): Another promising young player joins, this time a Spanish winger from Barcelona.

Stefan de Vrij
(6.3 million from Lazio): The player Everton hope will replace Castan in the heart of defense.

Cedric Soares(
1.4 million from Sporting): Cover for the right-back position

Pawel Dawidowicz (360k from SLB): More cheap cover

Apart from these transfers Bryan Oviedo and John Stones returned from loans spells at Stoke and Newcastle respectively, hoping the experience gained will help them break into the first team.

August
A good month for Everton as they start with a winning habit, winning 4-1 at home to Nottingham Forest, 3-0 at home to West Ham, and 4-2 at home to Blackpool in the Capital One Cup.

September
Another good month as Everton begin by beating Man City at Goodison Park 2-0, then drawing 0-0 at the Emirates, before beating Southampton 2-1, Tottenham 1-0 and finally comprehensively shaming Sunderland 6-1.

October
Everton suffer their first loss of the season at Stamford Bridge, losing 0-2against 10 men Chelsea, courtesy of goals from Terry and Drogba. Following which, they immediately bounced back and beat Aston Villa,Hull, and finally Sunderland 1-0, 4-1 and 1-0 respectively.

Team Review
Some fantastic additions have gotten Everton off to a fiery start, but the question is, can they maintain this form and get European football after missing out last season?

5a96763f971e3e32d1d0bcccf5b20196.jpg

The month that went wrong.

August:

Newcastle 0-0 Leicester

Newcastle 2-0 Crystal Palace

Newcastle 5-0 Carlisle (COC)

Newcastle 0-2 Man Utd

September - The month of near dreams

Newcastle 2-2 Spurs

Newcastle 5-0 Liverpool

Newcastle 1-2 Man Utd (COC)

Newcastle 2-1 Southampton

October - ...

Newcastle 2-1 Norwich

Newcastle 2-5 Reading

Newcastle 1-2 Stoke

So a good August, a great September but a nightmare October leaves us with 14 points.

September and October at the Britannia.

Swansea - 2-0 (Adam, Campbell)

This is our first win of the season, one I'm rather pleased with too. Swansea are a good team and it's nice to have kept a clean sheet against them.

Crystal Palace - 0-4

Well, I don't really have any words. I'm a bit stunned by this result. Very disappointing.

Aston Villa - 2-0 (Shea, Ings) Capitol One

We move on another round in this cup. Not really something I'm concentrating on, but it's nice to stay in it.

Leicester - 0-0

Would've liked a win from this game, but can't complain as Leicester seem to be getting stronger every time we play them.

Man United - 0-2

Tottenham - 0-2

Although we lost both these games 2-0 we can't be too disappointed as we played two top teams. We can't have really expected too much although 1 point would've been nice.

Newcastle - 2-1 (Campbell, Arnautovic)

Very happy with this win as Newcastle have a very strong attack. Pleased to have limited them to just 2 shots on target.

Man United - 1-3 (Muniesa)

Our second game against United this month and our second loss. At least we scored this time, I guess.

(Capitol One)

for some reason my drop box hasnt downloaded the save, is there anywhere else i can access it?

Someone deleted it I think will restore it when I get home in about half an hour if no one does

View attachment 339974
"Never experienced anything like it" Frank Lampard

Well a new manager, a new team basically you would expect they would struggle at first due to not being able to gel. Not the case in September which immediately raised the eyebrows of thousands of Newcastle fans, one fan said to me after the Liverpool game "we beat one of the best teams in England, this means we can beat anybody. At first I expected a mid table finish but now I believe we can win the league!" This may have been the thought of many Toon fans but that wasn't the case, as October was a very cruel month for Lampard and co.

September & October one of the worst months for hardcore club fans as International friendlies destroy the flow of club football. After the break Newcastle came back with a bang and showed how dangerous the Newcastle attack could be, Jovetic and Januzaj gives Newcastle a 2-0 lead right up to half time but as many pundits across England have said "Newcastle will struggle at the back this season" and struggle they did. They conceded two goals in the second half and ruined any chance of the slight underdogs getting the win.

The game against Liverpool was one to behold and definitely made Match Of The Day slightly more interesting FIVE goals to NIL it finished. It was reported that Lampard phoned up Lewis Roberts in the early hours of the morning drunkenly singing Newcastle chants, the Newcastle owner wasn't impressed. The goals however was shared out: Mata, Cabella, Zaha and Carlos Fierro x2 all got on the score sheet.

The second defeat of the season came against Man Utd again but in the Capital One Cup this time and Frank is hoping they don't come up against the red devils again any time soon. A 2-1 defeat after going 1-0 up thanks to Castan wouldn't of made Lampard happy.

We will sum up October in a few words "It was a very smooth lift off but the plane went crashing down" A fair round up of October they cruised to two 2-1 victory's against Southampton and Norwich and you would expect an easy victory over Reading after winning three league games in a row. That wasn't the case 4-1 down at half time and a lot of the away fans were wishing they never came. It didn't get better Reading scored again and missed a penalty which could've easily made it 6-1, Januzaj got a consolation goal at the end to make the scoreline look a little more flattering. Finally Newcastle lose to then bottom of the league Stoke.

Frank Lampard wasn't at all happy with this "We have such a fantastic start, we lose against a very good team like Man Utd but you never really expect much when you come up against a team as good as Man Utd, we won a lot of our games early on and our attack was fantastic beating Liverpool 5-0 is something I'll remember forever BUT there is no excuse for the matches we lost!" Said Lampard angrily "We go into a game against a newly promoted team and we expect a win, maybe a small loss. Not to lose 5-2 against Reading, I have never experienced anything like it before and I am not happy at all with how we played! I have told the players not to embarrass the club like that again!"

I don't know if its just me but the wages of at least some players are wrong. It seems to mostly be the C2C transfers but I was wondering whether anyone else had noticed this?

Yesterday I had to leave it as when I changed them it made a noise that sounded like "dung" it's the noise that usually doesn't allow you to click somewhere or something. Can't explain that properly but everytime I changed them they changed back to the usual one, some didn't but most did. I'm looking through all again today and gonna sort it

View attachment 339969
A Below Average Start
At the end of October, Aston Villa sit in 12th position in the Premier League, with only 3 wins from 9, and are looking perilously over their shoulder's, as they sit only 2 points above the relegation zone, but also only 3 points behind 6th place Arsenal.

Aston Villa 0-3 Nottingham Forest
Bafetembi Gomis
Matty Fryat x2

Disgusting. That is the only way to describe this performance. Villa Park is meant to be a fortress for us, so I cant believe this has happened. We failed to register a single shot on target here, which is just embarrassing against a newly promoted side. This needs to be sorted, and fast.

West Ham 1-0 Aston Villa
Andy Carroll
A second straight defeat in the Premier League at Upton Park, but at least this time we improved. Carroll popped up to secure all three points for West Ham in the 88th minute, and I must say, it was deserved. We only registered one shot on target, and I just cant comprehend what is going on upfront. With the options we have, we should be banging them in.

Lech 1-3 Aston Villa (Europa League Group D)
Dawid Demianiuk
Ciaran Clark x2
Javier Hernandez
We improve vastly, to pick up three points in our first game in the Europa League. After going shockingly behind for the third game running, we kick into gear and scored 3 goals in 13 minutes to get us a winning start. Hopefully we can transfer this form into the League games now.

Arsenal 0-0 Aston Villa
Why cant we score in the league?! Yes, this is a good point, but Jesus Christ can we please just bag a goal! It's nice to the defence playing well, with Krul picking up a MotM performance here with a 7.5 rating. We failed to register a single shot on target again here. This 5 at the back stuff is starting to actually quite annoy me now. Zola, for some reason is choosing Helenius over Lacazette, who was in great scoring form at the end of last season.

Stoke City 2-0 Aston Villa (Capital One Cup 3rd Round)
Brek Shea (Pen)
Danny Ings

ARGH! Thats our fourth game in England IN A ROW that we have failed to score a goal in. To sum this up, we started with Weimann and Bent upfront, who picked up a 5.4 and 6.3 rating respectively. Stoke play the perfect match, which of course etches revenge from the earlier league match, which seems so so far away now.

Aston Villa 0-0 Manchester City
Another decent point yes, but still no goal! It's good to see were playing well against the top rated sides, but we should be giving them more of a problem at home then we did here. Over 40,000 packed into Villa Park for this one, and it still couldnt spur the teams on to score a goal. We had the only clear cut chance of the match, and God i wish we scored it.

Aston Villa 1-1 Sevilla (Europa League Group D)
Bryan Rabello
Javier Hernandez
Hernandez continues his great scoring form in Europe then, as we pick up a respectable draw against Sevilla. They took an early lead through Rabello, whom I admire on FM, before we picked up an equaliser 20 minutes later. We registered more shots, shots on target, clear cut chances, and possession than them here, so really should've secured the win.

Aston Villa 1-1 Sunderland
Javier Hernandez (Pen)
Steven Fletcher
YEEEEEEEES! We have finally scored, it wasn't from open play but we've overcome this minor hurdle! I guarantee that know we have scored, the footballing game will be a lot kinder to us, and we can push up the table now! Now, back to the result. The result was dissappointing. Sunderland have injury problems, we don't. Sunderland are in the relegation zone, we aren't. We were at home, God, I dont need any more reasons, we should've won.

Everton 1-0 Aston Villa
Romelu Lukaku (Pen)
Ah S**T! Just as I think we could improve, we lose to early high flyers Everton. Im not too disheartened by this result though, as it was only a penalty that did the difference. There were 2 clear cut chances each here, so maybe the game should've ended in a draw, but thats football.

Braga 1-2 Aston Villa (Europa League Group D)
Javier Hernandez
Leon Goretzka
Djamal
We improve significantly to keep ourselves unbeaten in the Europa League. We were holding a comfortable 2-0 lead before Djamal scored a consolation. Pleased to see Leon Goretzka bag his first goal in a Villa shirt. Hopefully we can transfer this performance onto the bigger stage, as we have Chelsea at home next up.

Aston Villa 4-0 Chelsea
Guiseppe Bellusci
Nicklas Helenius
Javier Hernandez x2
GET IN THERE! Look what can happen when we click! We scored 4 goals against one of the top side so i'm going to talk about them all! Our first goal came in the 40th minute, as Anita whipped in a free kick which was nodded in my Bellusci after Courtois spilled his catch. A great moment for Bellusci as it was his first Villa goal. Our second goal came in the 44th minute, just before half time. Helenius latched on a loose pass and ran clean through and slotted past Courtois. Villa Park erupts. Our third goal came in the 67th minute, as Helenius picked up a pass from Ramirez, and threaded it through to Hernandez who couldnt miss. 3-0, and surely the points were ours. The icing on the cake came in the 84th minute as Anita swung in a corner to the back post, which Clark headed into Hernandez's path as he tapped in for his second and our fourth. Brilliant.

Round-Up
As mentioned above, we finish October in 12th position, with a relegation battle, and a battle for Europe potentially on our hands. This season is in the balance, and could go either way. We were awful at the start of the update, but improved towards the end, the highlight having to be smashing top of the table Chelsea and ruining their 100% record. We're doing very well in the Europa, our group table looks like this.

Zola knows how I feel about things so far, and he has vowed to send us the right way up the table. He knows his job may be on the line come the end of the season if expectations are not met, but there will be no knee-jerk reaction in January. He has my full backing to strengthen through another window.

​Thanks

View attachment 339930

Transfers out of Old Trafford

In a summer of change, Manchester United have sold 5 first team players and loaned out many youngsters to gain experience. The first sale and arguably the biggest one was the sale of Doria to Dortmund in a deal worth £26 Million. It was Louis Van Gaal who authorized the sale which has reportedly angered chairman Gonzalo Flores who saw Doria as a player with huge potential. After speaking to the manager however Gonzalo Flores agreed that the move will help Doria's development and he hasn't ruled out bringing Doria back to Old Trafford in the future. The next sale was also made by Louis Van Gaal as Gotoku Sakai was sold to Newcastle in a deal worth £4.5 Million. After the signing of Danny Rose Sakai was no longer needed at the club and his sale will allow the 2 young English LB's, Shaw and Rose, to develop.

The remaining 3 sales were all made by chairman Gonzalo Flores. The first sale was Juan Mata who left to go to Newcastle United in a deal that could eventually be worth almost £45 Million. While Mr. Flores knew that Mata was a world class player, he didn't fit into the maangers tactic so it was more worthwhile to sell him when possible to bring in a good profit. The next sale was Darren Fletcher who left to join Sunderland in a £1.5 Million deal. A player who had never been more than a rotational player for the club, the move has given him the chance at regular first team football. The final sale made by Gonzalo Flores was Anderson who joined Fletcher at Sunderland on a free transfer. After spending last season with the reserves the board allowed the player to leave the club as a free transfer as he had only 1 year left on his contract.

Manchester United also loaned out a number of youngsters including Alvaro Vadillo(Vitesse), Adnan Januzaj and Wilfried Zaha(Newcastle United) and Angelo Henriquez who has gone to Sunderland on a year long loan deal. Manchester United have the option to recall both Henriquez and Januzaj if they wish in January.

The next update will be about the transfers coming in to Old Trafford and that will be posted as soon as possible.

Back