English Premier League Chairman Game

DELIGHT FOR CRYSTAL PALACE

View attachment 339910
Crystal Palace have surprised many by sitting as high as 11th in the Premier League at the end of October.
The most notable performances so far: 2-1 win against Tottenham on opening day and 4-0 win away against Stoke.
Marouane Chamakh, Steven Pienaar and Brede Hangeland have performed well as you would expect. Surprisingly though Yannick Bolasie has performed brilliantly too after a terrible season last time. New signing Francesco Bardi is also asserting himself as the number 1 goalkeeper

View attachment 339894

Transfers in to Old Trafford

Over this summer Manchester United were able to bring in 7 first team players and also 3 youngsters who could come into the first team in the future. The first signing made for the first team was Callum Chambers from Arsenal in a deal worth £7 Million and also included young RB Saidy Janko. While Janko looks set to have a bright future in football it is believed that he wouldn't have a future at the club with Rafael currently first choice and both Clyne and Chambers challenging for that position as well. Although he is a natural RB it is believed Chambers will also provide cover for the CB position as he is very accomplished in the role. The next signing made was James McCarthy from Everton in a deal worth £18 Million. McCarthy is a good young Irish CM who will provide very good competition for the CM positions and is seen as a natural successor to Michael Carrick who at the age of 33 is starting to come to the end of his career.

Another midfielder was brought into the club in the shape of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from FC Bayern. The fee paid is said to be around £8.5 Million for the 19 year old who is seen to have a bright future at the club. An all round box to box midfielder who can pass, shoot and dribble he has the potential to replace Fellaini in the starting team and potentially emulate the rivals B2B midfielder Yaya Toure. The next signing made by the club was the young German Niklas Sule who came in from Hoffenheim in a deal worth £10 Million. A youngster who will provide competition for the likes of Jonny Evans and Nicolas N'Koulou, Sule is seen to be an option who will mainly play in the domestic cups and maybe champions league group stages to provide a rest for the more experienced defenders.

The final two transfers were both strikers as the club looked to sign for the future with Robin Van Persie now 31 years old and Wayne Rooney 28/29. Gabigol and Timo Werner were brought in from Santos and Real Madrid respectively with a combined fee around £20 Million. Both of them are 18 years of age which again seems to show Gonzalo Flores transfer choice of bringing in youth to the team. With the recent changes in the squad Manchester United now have the youngest squad in the league with the average age of the squad at 23.5 years old.

Youngsters Moussa Dembele, Lewis Howard and Munir El Haddadi have been brought into the club and they look to have a bright future but with all of them being strikers and two 18 year old strikers also being brought in, it is impossible to see how all of these players will fit into the future of Manchester United. It will be interesting to see how Manchester United perform this season with Champions league football back at the club after a 1 year exodus from the competition. Louis Van Gaal has a hard season ahead of him trying to compete on multiple fronts and also integrating many youngsters into the squad.

View attachment 679988

Transfers in to Old Trafford

Over this summer Manchester United were able to bring in 7 first team players and also 3 youngsters who could come into the first team in the future. The first signing made for the first team was Callum Chambers from Arsenal in a deal worth £7 Million and also included young RB Saidy Janko. While Janko looks set to have a bright future in football it is believed that he wouldn't have a future at the club with Rafael currently first choice and both Clyne and Chambers challenging for that position as well. Although he is a natural RB it is believed Chambers will also provide cover for the CB position as he is very accomplished in the role. The next signing made was James McCarthy from Everton in a deal worth £18 Million. McCarthy is a good young Irish CM who will provide very good competition for the CM positions and is seen as a natural successor to Michael Carrick who at the age of 33 is starting to come to the end of his career.

Another midfielder was brought into the club in the shape of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from FC Bayern. The fee paid is said to be around £8.5 Million for the 19 year old who is seen to have a bright future at the club. An all round box to box midfielder who can pass, shoot and dribble he has the potential to replace Fellaini in the starting team and potentially emulate the rivals B2B midfielder Yaya Toure. The next signing made by the club was the young German Niklas Sule who came in from Hoffenheim in a deal worth £10 Million. A youngster who will provide competition for the likes of Jonny Evans and Nicolas N'Koulou, Sule is seen to be an option who will mainly play in the domestic cups and maybe champions league group stages to provide a rest for the more experienced defenders.

The final two transfers were both strikers as the club looked to sign for the future with Robin Van Persie now 31 years old and Wayne Rooney 28/29. Gabigol and Timo Werner were brought in from Santos and Real Madrid respectively with a combined fee around £20 Million. Both of them are 18 years of age which again seems to show Gonzalo Flores transfer choice of bringing in youth to the team. With the recent changes in the squad Manchester United now have the youngest squad in the league with the average age of the squad at 23.5 years old.

Youngsters Moussa Dembele, Lewis Howard and Munir El Haddadi have been brought into the club and they look to have a bright future but with all of them being strikers and two 18 year old strikers also being brought in, it is impossible to see how all of these players will fit into the future of Manchester United. It will be interesting to see how Manchester United perform this season with Champions league football back at the club after a 1 year exodus from the competition. Louis Van Gaal has a hard season ahead of him trying to compete on multiple fronts and also integrating many youngsters into the squad.

Was impressed with Utd's signings this summer especially Chambers and McCarthy as I didn't expect them two at all but both really good players

One thing about Chambers, not sure whether it was Van Gaal being a genius but he played Chambers in CM against Newcasyle and he completely dominated the midfield

Was impressed with Utd's signings this summer especially Chambers and McCarthy as I didn't expect them two at all but both really good players

One thing about Chambers, not sure whether it was Van Gaal being a genius but he played Chambers in CM against Newcasyle and he completely dominated the midfield

The main reason I signed him was his versatility. He could play in 7 or 8 of my teams positions as he can cover my 3CBs, 3CMs, RWB and he could do a job at LWB if both Shaw and Rose were unavailable for whatever reason. He is also trained in the nation which is a bonus as well.

I'm gonna give this update a miss mate as I'm pretty busy with RL at the moment but will do an update next one.

I just want to say Koeman is killing me with his spending spree! Plus we are still playing awful!

I'm gonna give this update a miss mate as I'm pretty busy with RL at the moment but will do an update next one.

I just want to say Koeman is killing me with his spending spree! Plus we are still playing awful!

No worries mate, thanks for letting me know

I joke, that would be cruel :P

If you are taken over we will just have to say that investors have bought into the club.

This could lead to the manager in game making a few big signings. Although the board could also get rid of the manager. Is there no way to stop something like this happening in the game.

This could lead to the manager in game making a few big signings. Although the board could also get rid of the manager. Is there no way to stop something like this happening in the game.

Unfortunately not, I did try. I don't know a solution too it if that situation did happen I can reinstate the manager

Unfortunately not, I did try. I don't know a solution too it if that situation did happen I can reinstate the manager

Its not the biggest problem and with new owners it will probably help the club financially which will allow them to make transfers and make the story more interesting. I will hopefully catch up and do my update tomorrow. I did my transfers earlier but I haven't had time to do my season update. I'll be devoting an entire page to games against Newcastle.

Its not the biggest problem and with new owners it will probably help the club financially which will allow them to make transfers and make the story more interesting. I will hopefully catch up and do my update tomorrow. I did my transfers earlier but I haven't had time to do my season update. I'll be devoting an entire page to games against Newcastle.

That is true :) I look forward to seeing it, you put a lot of detail in for two different sections so no doubt it'll be a good read :P

Press gathering at Anfield. And a sofa van? It can only mean one thing....

View attachment 339802

"HERE'S GODFISH!!!"

Expect a press announcement on this dramatic news in the coming hours from Anfield's newly furnished press room.

Will be at Leeds game tomorrow so expect an update up late.

God I get a season ticket every season no matter how **** we are. Can't stop you supporting your team though I guess although it does make me clinically depressed

That is true :) I look forward to seeing it, you put a lot of detail in for two different sections so no doubt it'll be a good read :P

With the number of transfers that came in and out I thought it would be better to split them up instead of having one really long post. I dont think that will happen again though. I needed to get rid of some of the deadwood and also bulk up my squad to compete in all competitions but in the coming transfer windows I can only see 1 or 2 transfers happening.

With the number of transfers that came in and out I thought it would be better to split them up instead of having one really long post. I dont think that will happen again though. I needed to get rid of some of the deadwood and also bulk up my squad to compete in all competitions but in the coming transfer windows I can only see 1 or 2 transfers happening.

I think Newcastle need to trim down in attack. Cerci was a good signing made by Newcastle's DoF but now all the other wingers have come in he has become pretty much surplus to requirements, especially with such good form coming from Zaha

Back