English Premier League Chairman Game

View attachment 339725

Inconsistent form costs Manchester United

An inconsistent start to the season has cost Manchester United points and ground on early league leaders Chelsea. After picking up early victories against Southampton, Tottenham and Newcastle they then drew the next 2 league games at Liverpool and newly promoted Reading. They were then able to beat both Norwich and Stoke 2-0 at home before again drawing two premier league games. A 0-0 draw with newly promoted Nottingham Forrest was followed by a 1-1 draw against West Ham at Old Trafford which has angered the current Manchester United chairman Gonzalo Flores. With the next two leagues games against Man City and Arsenal, Louis Van Gaal will be hoping his team starts to put together more impressive form to catch Chelsea up in this early part of the season.

Manchester United have been more impressive in the cup competitions with the team still in the Capital One Cup and can boast a 100% record in the Champions League. In the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup, Manchester United were able to beat Newcastle United 2-1 meaning they have played twice and won twice against Newcastle already and in the next round they were able to beat Stoke City 3-1 with goals coming from 3 youngsters in Timo Werner, Gabigol and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. The draw for the next round has yet to be made but Manchester United could face rivals Liverpool or Arsenal. They could also face an interesting tie against chairman Gonzalo Flores' former club Birmingham City.

In the Champions League Manchester United were automatically in the group stage after finishing 2nd last season and they were drawn against Dortmund, Celtic and Marseille in a difficult group that contains 4 previous champions league winners. In the 3 group games so far Man Utd have not conceded a goal after winning 4-0, 1-0 and 1-0 against Marseille, Dortmund and Celtic respectively.

With impressive form in the cup competitions, Manchester United chairman Gonzalo Flores hopes that the Premier League form will improve in the coming months.

I hope people got the last updte as I can't find the file on dropbox now, gonna try get through this one day but my food is cooking so I hope I can get it released before it's ready

I hope people got the last updte as I can't find the file on dropbox now, gonna try get through this one day but my food is cooking so I hope I can get it released before it's ready

Its not on the dropbox at the moment so someone must have removed it.

Will check it out in the morning. Hope Lewie doesn't mean I'm doing bad lol

can anyone let me know Stoke's position so I know how long to avoid writing a depressing update for tomorrow? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 339562
Average Aston Villa
Aston Villa have been distinctly average on their run to end of 2014. While they have only picked up four defeats over the last few months, the team from the midlands have only picked up two Premier League victories. This leads them to sitting in a below par 15th position going into January, 5 points above the relegation zone, and 6 points behind the top half. Things seriously need to pick up.

Southampton 3-0 Aston Villa
Dani Osvaldo
Santiago Vergini (pen)
James Ward Prowse

Southampton took their chances on a great day for the Saints at St. Mary's stadium. We were taught a footballing lesson by Southampton. We had 60% possession but we need to start doing more with it! Not creating 1 clear cut chance over the 90 minutes is to be honest, very poor, and things aren't looking very good for my side at the moment.

Aston Villa 3-0 Braga (Europa League Group D)
Javier Hernandez
Vurnon Anita
Alexandre Lacazette
Our fantastic performance in the Europa League continues as we smash Braga at home and remain unbeaten. Why we cant move this form to the Premier League i will never know, especially Hernandez who scores for fun in this competition, but cant find the net in the League.

Hull 1-0 Aston Villa
Samuel Eto'o
That man pops up to win 3 points for Hull in a game we deserved to lose. We didn't have a single shot at all which is a shocking stat for a team like Aston Villa. What is going on with our league form?!

Aston Villa 1-0 Swansea
Andi Weimann
Finally, a decent result. It took us till the 90th minute to score, but 3 points is 3 points. It helped us that Swansea were reduced to 10, but we had more shots and deserved the points. Our goal came when Lowton whipped in a cross that Weimann nodded home.

Aston Villa 4-1 Lech (Europa League Group D)
Javier Hernandez
Gaston Ramirez
Alexandre Lacazette
Szymon Praciak
Alexandre Lacazette
Again, our performance is significantly better as we keep up with expectations in the Europa League. A very nice goal and assist for Gaston Ramirez here. This qualifies us from the group with a game to spare.

Leicester 1-1 Aston Villa
Nicklas Helenius
Jonathon Walters
2 goals in the space of 5 minutes mean that we share the points here. It's another match for me that we should be winning though. Our goal came when Helenius converted a Luna cross at the near post.

Aston Villa 2-2 Crystal Palace
Steven Pienaar
Dwight Gayle

Javier Hernandez
Nicklas Helenius
We score two in the last ten minutes to scrape a point. This is another game we should be winning, and we really have to start taking these opportunities. Villa Park needs to be our fortress.

Man United 2-0 Aston Villa
Gabigol
Rafael

No surprises here as a very good Manchester United side dominate us.

Sevilla 0-1 Aston Villa
Andi Weimann
Again, we were helped by a red card here as we qualified in style. We finish our group top, on 16 points from a possible 18. If only we could play like this in the league.

Aston Villa 0-0 Spurs
A bore draw. We really need to start hitting more goals. We failed to create a clear cut chance over 90 minutes yet again.

Newcastle 1-0 Aston Villa
Juan Mata
We draw another blank as we lose up on Tyneside. Juan Mata stole the points for Newcastle in the 88th minute from we looked like a game Newcastle dominated. No shots registered on target again, surely Zola will amend this soon, its becoming a joke.

Aston Villa 0-0 Liverpool
Another bore draw for us. Getting tired of this now.

Norwich 0-1 Aston Villa
Martin Olsson (OG)
We finally put in a decent performance and get back to winning ways the league. Our winning goal came from a corner as there was a lot of confusion in the box, and it ended up in the net.

Chairman's Thoughts
Goals. We need goals. Zola did so well on the back on January last season, so i've got good faith in him to push up in the league for the remainder of the season. Expect some big movements in January as we look to strengthen a squad sitting dangerously low in the league.

Back