English Premier League Chairman Game

View attachment 339150
Here comes the cavalry

Here is what Norwich Chairman James Roots had to say about the disastrous month at Carrow Road.

"All I can say is thank god that January has been and gone. We have performed dismally and if it wasn't for my old club Forest having no players I could see us being bottom. It isn't a very good record to see that I have been Chairman at both clubs at the bottom of the table. However, now the transfer window has gone I can announce the signings that I have made which should help us climb out of this mess. First things first, I raided the free transfer market and persuaded what I see as the best players from Forest to come to us. Karl Darlow, Henri Lansbury and Jamaal Lascelles all arrive. Next up, I secured the signature of a young brazilian left back called Emerson after highlighting this as my weak spot. Now onto the signings we have made from the other chairmans, all of which I must admit were a pleasure to deal with. I heard Mr Fish from Liverpool has praised me and I have to say the feelings are mutual. Anywho, we raided Southampton first to secure half their defensive line. I signed Janmaat, Vergini and Ruffier for a combined fee of £12m. Next up was a signing I brought in to replace the outgoing Charlie Austin. Stevan Jovetic signed for £9.75m and maybe more if he fires us up the league which I am sure he will. Last of the cash signings was Jon Williams from Palace, we paid £3m plus Nathan Redmond who doesn't fit into the way our manager wants to play so I shipped him out and we will also owe them £1m if we finish above them as a way of saying sorry for doing so whilst taking one of their best players. On the loan front we have secured 4 players all coming from Merseyside. Otavio, Suarez and Benassi all come in to strengthen the midfield along with Suso from Mr Fish's Liverpool.

Outgoing, as I touched upon, Charlie Austin was allowed to go to Aston Villa for a fee of £7.5m and another £1m if he scores 10+ goals in all comps which I am sure he will but Jovetic will do better for us I am sure! I have also released 3 players from their contracts because they either were not good enough and on high wages or didn't fit into the formation. These players were Elliot Bennett, Ivan Strinic & Jorge Valdivia.

We missed out on two players one going to Villa with Austin and the other being Tom Cleverley, who despite playing in the championship at the moment, wanted 90k+ in wages which is ludicrous!

That is all transfer wise, I hope the new players can gel straight away and therefore driving us up the table.

View attachment 339173
Busy Deadline Day For Aston Villa!
Aston Villa have had a very busy deadline day, announcing some major movements, that see's the squad take a big step forward.

gianfranco-zola-car-640x372.jpg

Zola spotted outside Villa Park talking from his window again this deadline day.

Aston Villa Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of no fewer than 7 players this January Transfer Window. Chairman Brown thought that the squad needed a big boost, before the Europa knock-outs and key games in the Premier League. So let's meet the new Aston Villa players!

View attachment 339172
First up, the club are very pleased to announce the loan signing of Manchester City star Vincent Kompany. He signs on loan for the remainder of the season, for a fee of 1.75mil. This is a huge transfer for the club, and I cant wait to see him in action. An error at the Etihad saw Vincent unregistered, so in order to get game time after his Broken Leg we decided he would fit perfectly in our squad. It also gives younger players such as Danny Batth and Riechdely Bazoer a fine chance to learn of this World Class centre back. It also see's Kompany and Demichelis reunite at centre-back.

View attachment 339171
Secondly, there is a top class forward Charlie Austin. Already unveiled to the club at the start of the window, he will sure give us the fire power we have lacked up top in recent months. With Darren Bent leaving on a free this gives us a great opportunity to blood Charlie straight into the squad. Im sure him and Hernandez will become some partnership upfront. He signs for 7.5 million from Norwich, with an extra 1 million if he scores 10 goals throughout the campaign.

View attachment 339170
The third player to join us from a Premier League club is highly rated midfielder Emre Can. I was personally very surprised when Can came available for only 10m, and I bit Liverpool's hand off at the opportunity to have him in my squad. With Zola sanctioning the sale of Vurnon Anita to Leverkusen for a mere £12.75mil (which made me very angry), I feel i have got the perfect replacement. I cant wait to see him make an instant impact at Villa Park.

View attachment 339169
The next player swiftly announced on deadline day was Nicusur Stanciu. The creative midfielder comes in from FC Koln for a fee believed to be in the region of 6.6 million. The player is only 21, and already has 20 caps for Romania. He hasn't been in immense form this season, but possesses stats that could break down any defence. He will hopefully give us the creativity we are lacking, and adds to an already brilliant midfield that we possess.

View attachment 339168
The third midfielder Villa announced on Deadline Day was the hardman, Amidu Salifu who joins from Fiorentina for a fee of £4 million. I feel we lacked a real hard man in the midfield. Someone who can see games out and crunch an onrushing striker. He will provide us with that, and possesses some fantastic defensive stats. He's only 22, so has some developing to be done but has impressed for high flying Fiorentina so far this season.

The other notable signings for Villa on deadline day were experienced defender Mirel Radoi, who Zola insisted we sign. He comes in on a free, while two youngsters Christian Palmeri and David Berenguer join from Standard Liege and Espanyol respectively. It's well known that Brown is trying to reinstall the U18 side at Villa Park, and these youngsters are thought to have a very bright future in the game.

View attachment 339161View attachment 339160View attachment 339159View attachment 339158View attachment 339157View attachment 339156View attachment 339155

No fewer than seven Aston Villa players left the club over the course of the window, and here is a quick round up. Joe Bennett, Darren Bent and Phillippe Senderos all left the club on free transfers as the Club felt they weren't playing with enough class to deserve the wages. We wish them all the best in the future. The clubs biggest loss was the previously mentioned deal involving Vurnon Anita. A fantastic player, but i feel his fee has been really well reinvested into the squad. Furthermore, Sergi Gomez joins Leicester in a deal worth 400k, and Ashley Westwood leaves the club for a fee in the region of 1.5mil. He moved to local rivals Stoke in a shock transfer. We at Aston Villa wish all these players the best of luck in their careers.

Lets take a look at what the Villa squad looks like for the rest of the season:

Goalkeepers: Tim Krul, Jed Steer
WBL: Antionio Luna
WBR: Matt Lowton, Alan Hutton
CB: Danny Batth, Ciaran Clark, Martin Demichelis, Vincent Kompany, Nathan Baker, Mirel Radoi, Guiseepe Bellusci
CM: Emre Can, Nicusur Stanciu, Amidu Salifou, Bryan Cristante, Ignjovski, Leon Goretzka, Fabian Delph, G.Ramirez
ST: Javier Hernandez, Charlie Austin, Alex Lacazette, Andi Weimann

I am now very pleased with the balance of the current squad, fitting with the very effective 3-5-2 formation. We have fantastic cover in all areas now. Good stuff.

View attachment 339152

So, what we can we expect over the next few months? Villa have some tough league games, and face Stuttgart in the Europa League knockouts. Be sure to watch this space very closely, as with the squad listed above, we know have some fantastic potential, and some fantastic current ability, which can surely push us up the league.

View attachment 339131
Chelsea have quiet January

January has come and gone, and Chelsea continue to lead the race for the Premier League title, sitting a comfortable 7 points above second place Everton (who have a game in hand).

Fixtures
3/1/2015 - Shrewsbury 1 - 6 Chelsea (FA Cup)
Chelsea dominate League 1 team Shrewsbury, with a hat trick from Andre Schurrle
10/1/2015 - Chelsea 5 - 0 Nottingham Forest
Another dominating performance from Chelsea with a brace from Fabregas, and goals from Diego Costa and Gary Cahill
13/1/2015 - Stoke 1 - 2 Chelsea
A closer game, as Fabregas steps up to the spot twice, and gets two penalties
18/1/2015 - West Ham 1 - 1 Chelsea
Chelsea can't get their shots on target, and only get a draw out of a Sebastian Coates own goal
24/1/2015 - Chelsea 4 - 1 Stoke (FA Cup)
Diego Costa nets a hat trick to put the league leaders comfortably through to the FA Cup 5th round
27/1/2015 - Chelsea 4 - 3 Man City
An instant classic, with an early Chelsea goal from Fabregas, an own goal by Ricardo Rodriguez, and two goals by striker Diego Costa, including one in the 80th minute. Chelsea manage to get the three points in the end
31/1/2015 - Chelsea 0 - 2 Sunderland
A disappointing performance. Chelsea lose their first game in 14 matches.

Transfers

Theres been only one transfer in, with wonderkid David Merino arriving from Real Sociedad. Take a look:
View attachment 339130

In terms of outgoing, many players have gone out on loan, with the only permanent departure being Ulises Davila to Tigres.
Loans:
Grealish - Everton
Conroy - Motherwell
Feruz - Barnsley
Clifford - Morecambe
Wallace - Botafogo
Chalobah - Cardiff
Loftus-Cheek - Wigan
Cuevas - Sassuolo

Oh btw, everything is bang on with the villa transfers mate - thanks!

Also on my save im looking at (I dont know if a different one has been released since) all the regen transfers are done at Newcastle and Liverpool :)

My transfers are fine I just didn't realise the Man Utd manager confirmed the Sule loan I haven't heard from him since this afternoon lol

Leeds, you missed out a transfer from mine? Kepa Arrizabalaga end of contract?

Back