English Premier League Chairman Game

My transfers are fine I just didn't realise the Man Utd manager confirmed the Sule loan I haven't heard from him since this afternoon lol

Sorry about that I have been out all day and its been a hectic day so I have been a little inconsistent with my replies.

View attachment 339120

A quiet January for Villas-Boas

After a lot of talk and discussion Manchester United had a relatively quiet January transfer window in which only 2 players were signed. The first signing was Anthony Knockaert who was signed from Leicester City in a £7 Million deal. A young player at only 23 who can play on either wing or behind the striker, Knockaert was a Villas-Boas as he felt he needed more flair behind his front man. The next signing was made by the chairman who decided to bring club favourite Doria back to the club after spending 6 months in Germany with Dortmund. Doria is a player who has always been admired by the chairman but he was not liked by the former manager Louis Van Gaal so he welcomed the chance to return to one of his favoured clubs when the opportunity arised. It will be interesting to see where he fits into Villas-Boas' back 4 with the club having numerous CB's from the previous regime. There could definitely be some sold in the summer window after the current manager has had time to look at his squad.

The club also decided to recall 2 players from their loans. Both Januzaj and Zaha have returned from Newcastle United after a successful 6 month period. With the new managers new tactic wingers were needed for the squad so both have returned to the club and will have a good chance of cementing their place in the first team.

After a pretty disappointing month where the team drew most of their games the club will be looking forward to the return of cup competitions in the form of the FA cup and the Champions league as they have generally performed better in these competitions over the last couple of years.

View attachment 681760

All Business for the Saints

Seems to have been just all business for the saints in this window with a total of 5 players leaving from the likes of Vlaar, Rodriguez, Janmaat, Ruffier and Vergini! No big names came in neither with the likes of Nicklas Helenius coming in to replace Rodriguez only. The fan's are furious with the progress on signings and are very upset to see the likes of Rodriguez leave when he is in top form. It also looks like key player Wanyana may be on his way out too with the likes of Barcelona knocking on the door and Wanyana himself is trying to engineer himself away from England to sunny spain.

Southampton have also dropped more valuable points in the league which has forced them down the table into 8th place missing out on the europe spot which 5 teams are currently fighting for! Have the exits of players the reason of change of form? Let's hope not. With the rest of the games fairly winnable the fan's are hoping for an exciting finish of the season and hoping they can grab the europe spot too!

Onto the positives... It has been a great season for the Southampton academy with 3 possible stars of the future come through the ranks with 2 players a central midfield and a left back rated 4* PA and 1 player rated 4 1/2* who is an attacking midfielder. Murley is hoping to keep hold of the young generation and push them to be the next big thing in the clubs history. Murley also stated that the young midfielder Matt Rhodes (who is valued 525k and 16 yro), can be trained to play in the central midfield area in stead of the attacking midfield role due to Koeman's formation and playing style.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed here and hope the saints can push on to get into that euro spot and make a big name for the club!

View attachment 681762
The headlines in tomorrow's papers are all based around Frank Lampards position, he said he will quit Newcastle United if they fail to get European football. Find out more tomorrow for the full interview.

View attachment 339121
Amazing Few Months For Villa!
Aston Villa have had an amazing few months after the transfer window, as they have jumped to an impressive 6th in the league! We are now only 5 points behind Champions League Football! What a mega few months it has been! Great Work!

Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal
Javier Hernandez
That man Hernandez pops up again to score a beautiful finish to give us three points against the gunners. Zola handed a debut to new signing Charlie Austin here as all other signings waited international clearance as this match was the day after deadline day! It's great to see Hernandez scoring against the top sides, he really has become a key player for my side over the season.

Manchester City 0-1 Aston Villa
Leon Goretzka
Another win against a big side, and another clean sheet! The squad is looking and playing really well! An Antonio Luna corner was headed in expertly by Goretzka at the near post. It really was a lovely header. We held out for a memorable victory. So pleasing. Debuts were handed to Vincent Kompany (at his own club), and Emre Can here. Both players had an average match.

Sunderland 0-4 Aston Villa
Javier Hernandez x4
Yes, you are reading that right, Hernandez walks out of the Stadium of Light with 4 goals to his name, what a magnificent display! Delph claimed 2 assists, while Alejandro Faurlin took his rare start well with the other assist. The other goal came from the spot. Hernandez's finishing was literally world class here. All 3 open play goals were amazing finishes, with two in the top corner, and one in the bottom. Three clean sheets in a row now for Villa who look amazing at the back with Kompany and co.

Aston Villa 0-0 Everton
We draw a blank against high flying Everton. We both had a clear cut chance, and the same amount of shots on target, so it seems fair that both teams walked away with a point. Martin Demichelis starred for Villa with a good 7.3 rating. Yet another clean sheet.

Manchester City 3-0 Aston Villa (FA Cup 5th Round)
Abner
Samir Nasri
Sergio Aguero

We get knocked out the FA Cup at the hands of Manchester City. We were never expected to win the competition, but we got to the final last season, so its disappointing to be knocked out. Somehow, Radoi managed to get a 7.4 rating in defence, so it maybe suggests it could've been more than 3. On the other hand though, the stats do suggest it was a relatively even game, especially not deserving of a 3-0!

Stuttgart 3-0 Aston Villa (Europa League 1st KO Round)
Marvin Plattenhardt
Vedad Ibisevic
Mohammed Abdellaoue

Well, we are taught an absolute lesson in Germany. Playing a full strength side at the Etihad, then again here cost us I think. We were knackered by the looks of things, and couldn't even get going. We had 7 shots to their 11, and 4, yes 4 clear cut chances to their 0! Yet again, it seems the scoreline has been a bit harsh on us. We still have a tiny bit of hope of turning it around at Fortress Villa Park though.

Chelsea 2-0 Aston Villa

Oscar
John Terry

A goal close to either side of half time secures the points for the league leaders here. We were never really expected to get anything here, but im pleased we played well. It might be our 3rd defeat in a row in all comps, but im pleased were still creating the chances. Old Aston Villa wouldn't have even had a shot in target in them games! Radoi starred for us again here, with a rating of 7.4. A debut was handed to hard-man Salifu here, but he couldn't affect the game.

Aston Villa 2-2 Stuttgart (Europa League 1st KO Round)
Charlie Austin
Javier Hernandez
Vedad Ibisevic x2
Yet again the score does not tell the full story. We were playing magnificently, we found ourselves 2-0 up at half time, and only needing 1 goal in the second half to amazingly draw level on aggregate. Austin and Hernandez looking brilliant, Villa Park rocking, what could go wrong? A missed penalty. Austin stepped up in the 50th minute and his spot kick was saved. From this moment our heads dropped and our performance lowered. Zola pushed the lads forward towards the end, we were going for it. We got caught on the counter and conceded a penalty. Scored. We were facing elimination and with heads down Ibisevic pounced and bagged another during injury time. Stuttgart (somehow) win 5-2 on aggregate, but how different it could've been! We pummelled them, with 6 clear cut chances created here.

Aston Villa 2-0 Southampton
Martin Demichelis
Charlie Austin
We get back to winning ways in the league with yet another clean sheet. Im very pleased our performance in the Europa League didnt hamper our league push here. We went ahead in the 5th minute as Demichelis converted from a Delph corner. Our second came as Salifu played a delightful pass into the path of Austin who expertly finished. James Ward-Prowse was then sent off, but we couldn't capitalise as the game finished 2-0. A good result.

Aston Villa 2-0 Hull
Charlie Austin x2
A repeat of last weeks result as we give Hull a footballing lesson. Charlie Austin is showing why i paid that money for him now, and looks deadly. We opened the scoring in the 55th minute as Christante played a world class 50 yard pass into Austin, who still had work to do. He beat 2 defenders for pace and slotted past the goalkeeper. World Class! Austin added his and Villa's second, as Hernandez picked up a nice pass from Goretzka, hammered it into the box low, and Austin managed to lose 2 markers and hammer in from 4 yards. It's great to see the team working so well together!

Swansea 2-3 Aston Villa
Jordi Amat
Charlie Austin
Wilfried Bony
Antionio Luna
Charlie Austin
We come from behind twice to take all the points at the Liberty. Really pleasing to see that we can battle from behind, and it seems when Hernandez fails to score Austin will, and vice versa. Brilliant stuff from the new signing. Austin's first came in the 55th minute, as Goretzka fed him a pass that all strikers dream off, and he couldn't miss. Our 2nd equaliser came through Luna in the 70th minute as neat passing from a throw in, fell to Luna on the edge of the box and he riffled it top corner. A cheeky assist for Can there. A wonderful strike. Our winner came in the 83rd minute as Luna hit a long ball upto a running Austin, who controlled beautifully, out-paced Williams and calmly bent it round the Swansea Keeper. Raptures.

Chairmans Thoughts
A great few months for Villa. It's a real shame we got knocked out of the competitions, but we are playing better than ever in the league now, so its a small price to pay. We look in really good touch, and i'm very confident going into the last few months of the season. Our signings have been fantastic with Kompany becoming the heart of our defence, and averaging a rating of 7.14, while Austin has scored 6 goals in 9 games so far! Can is looking great in midfield, with an 84% pass rate, while Salifu has an average rating of 7.1 in his 4 premier league matches so far. It's worth noting Stanciu cant play for us this year, as he's already represented two teams this year. So unfortunately he will playing U21's football for the remainder of the season. 4 of our remaining 7 games are at home, and im quietly confident of getting European football next season. We do face some tough tests though, with United, Spurs, Newcastle and Liverpool all to face.
There are a few injuries to report with Cristante out for 5 weeks, Hutton for 2 months, Steer for 2 weeks, and that man Stanciu for 4 weeks.

Keep up the good work Zola.

Aston Villa 2-0 Southampton
Martin Demichelis
Charlie Austin
We get back to winning ways in the league with yet another clean sheet. Im very pleased our performance in the Europa League didnt hamper our league push here. We went ahead in the 5th minute as Demichelis converted from a Delph corner. Our second came as Salifu played a delightful pass into the path of Austin who expertly finished. James Ward-Prowse was then sent off, but we couldn't capitalise as the game finished 2-0. A good result.

He lost me 3 points :( lol.

I'm quite eager and excited for the end of the season now! Want to know who grabs the 5th/6th spot as it's so close.

We've been in 4th-6th for majority of the season, would be disappointing if we ended up finishing out the European spots, we have lacked consistency though.

We've been in 4th-6th for majority of the season, would be disappointing if we ended up finishing out the European spots, we have lacked consistency though.

It has been close between us for the 4th place for the whole season and its as tight as ever at the moment. I am still in the Champions league and the FA cup which could cost me due to the sheer number of games I have to play. Hopefully I can win the Champions league as I am pretty sure that gives you an automatic pass to the Champions league regardless of where you finish in your league.

View attachment 681763
Dias dips into pockets for £7,000,000 Ruben Pardo.

View attachment 339119

View attachment 339118

The highly rated young Spaniard has left the sunny shores of Spain to join Hull City and it see's Dias instantly dipping into the market shortly after taking over. Hull also just missed out on Britt Assombalonga.

Meanwhile on the pitch Hull have a had a fantastic 2 months climbing to 7th in the table and being in serious contention for the Europa League places. Rodrigo Dias had this to say..

Rodrigo: It's been a fantastic 2 months where we have really climbed into contention for the Europa League and to see this club in Europe again so soon would be fantastic for the fans and the players that we could then attract. Being realistic I believe that we can make the top 6 but no higher. In the summer regardless of the position I will give Steve all the financial backing that he needs to make this team a success. Many have questioned Steve's style of football and can it really work at the top level and I believe it can, he likes to be solid at the back, as they say goals win games, clean sheets win titles. 7th place is fantastic for a team predicted to come 15th and I hopefully the form will continue for the final 7 games and we can really make this a season to remember for the fans.

It has been close between us for the 4th place for the whole season and its as tight as ever at the moment. I am still in the Champions league and the FA cup which could cost me due to the sheer number of games I have to play. Hopefully I can win the Champions league as I am pretty sure that gives you an automatic pass to the Champions league regardless of where you finish in your league.

Yeah if you win it you get automatically put in the season after, nothing against you but I hope you don't win cos if we finished fourth and you won Champions League it would mean we lost out on a Champions League spot

Yeah if you win it you get automatically put in the season after, nothing against you but I hope you don't win cos if we finished fourth and you won Champions League it would mean we lost out on a Champions League spot

Anything can happen in the Champions league but I have Real Madrid in the next round so I will be surprised if I go any further than the quarter finals. I thought the rules had changed and you would also get a place if you finished 4th. If I remember correctly they changed the rules after it cost Everton who finished 4th one season. This might not be the rules on FM however.

Back