English Premier League Chairman Game

One of us are going to be disappointed for next season. The Europa league is just a waste of time really. It distracts from the premier league but it doesnt have the financial benefits of the Champions league.

Agreed, I think Man Utd have a stronger squad so I think you will get the last Champions League spot.

Europa matches is on Thursdays and that gives squads no time to rest

View attachment 681989
Leichester chairman declared "From now on I am not going to do business with liverpool chairman unless him willing to forgive me."I am also sad I cant complete the transfer but why must you make it public cant this just be personal?"

We are currently in the 16th spot and we must get as much point as possible as we actually might get relegated if we perform poorly.

Transfers:We managed to sign quite some players that include ron vlaar,sergi gomez and we also loan javier mascherano.

this month we are normal we won stoke,west ham and man city but our form drop and we lost to arsenal everton and chelsea. we also draw against sunderland.

I think that we can win the remain match and stay in the league.

Not entirely sure what you expected, your transfer dealing was shoddy from start to finish. If you try and claim you are the victim here, I will post the entire transcript of the emails. You messed me around, I expect an apology in my inbox forthwith. That happens, and I will consider it the end of the matter.

Not entirely sure what you expected, your transfer dealing was shoddy from start to finish. If you try and claim you are the victim here, I will post the entire transcript of the emails. You messed me around, I expect an apology in my inbox forthwith. That happens, and I will consider it the end of the matter.
looks like we have ourselves a good old rivalry to spice things up :)
*grabs popcorn*

just wondering, are most chairmen choosing to write a big end of season write up then? instead of one now?

not sounding like bitchy or anything, just wondering how other chairmen are choosing to write their updates, im interested :)

People are at risk of getting kicked out if they do one update at the end if the season, I count the nbers of updates people have done after each save is release (which admittedly I've forgot to do again)

i'm moving back to university on sunday so may struggle to update as in depth as i have been going. if worst comes to worst i may even have to go out the game, but i dont actually start for another few weeks so i should be okay to keep ticking over until then!

if i do have to leave though, it will be with great regret!

I will be doing my update later today. I sometimes fall a bit behind on the updates but I like to think I do enough over the season.

You both are regular updaters and you too are at no risk of being kicked out.

I won't be too strict and if I feel people participate enough over the season then they will not be removed

Forlorn February

Evertons-new-crest-008.jpg

Blog Post: 31 March 2015

It was an unusually quiet window for the usually-hyperactive Everton in the transfer window. Apart from Jack Colback signing for 1.3 million to provide competition for Bryan Oviedo in the Left-Back position, the only two other signings were Radja Nainggolan, who we lost out on in the summer window, to provide quality in our ageing central midfield, and Sebastian Sosa to challenge Tim Howard for the first team Goalkeeper spot. The biggest exit this window was well-respected and experienced center-back Phil Jagielka to Leicester in a permanent deal worth 1.5 million, whom we thank for his long-term service, and wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Also leaving on loan for experience are promising youngsters Marco Benassi, Denis Suarez and Otavio, all to Norwich City for a combined loan fee of 625k. The Norwich City chairman is a fantastic person and I believe we have built up a fantastic working relationship.

In terms of our recent form, I have to admit February was definitely not one of our best, and looking at the results, I am reminiscent of our mediocre 2013/2014 season where we finished 13th in the league and were kicked out early in the Europa League. This time out, we only won 1 match the entire month, and NONE in the league, with draws and losses littered all over the place. Among the chaos, I am especially embittered that we dropped precious points in the race for second by losing 1-0 at home to Hull City and drawing with Aston Villa at Villa Park 0-0. This means 5 precious points dropped, and the effects are clear, we are now 3rd in the Premier League, 4 points behind an in-form Arsenal, and have tougher fixtures remaining than our rivals this season.

During March however, we received some much needed respite, only losing to (you guessed it) Arsenal in a depressing 2-0 Capital One Cup Final at WEMBLEY in front of a 90,000 strong crowd. Other than that, no points dropped in the league (thankfully), and we even beat Liverpool at Goodison Park 2-1.

We have an extremely tough next five games, going up against Man United, Newcastle, Man United again in the FA Cup Semi-Final, then Tottenham at White Hart Lane and Liverpool at Anfield, before we can finally take somewhat of a breather with the league winding down with Norwich, Stoke and Reading.

TRANSFER WINDOW ROUNDUP

In this new section of the blog i will be talking about... youve guessed it, TRANSFERS! I will be giving a summary of the transfer window as well as giving out special awards for some special transfers.

Most Expensive Transfer: Doria (Dortmund to Man United for 38.5 million): One of the most talented young centre-backs in the world moves for what has to be a record.

Most Hyped Player: Kennedy Kayode (Enyimba to Liverpool for 1.5k): The Nigerian wonderkid had 4...4 CLUBS bid for him, and he finally chose Liverpool.

Most Value For Money: Henri Lansbury/Karl Darlow/Jamal Lascelles (Free transfers to Norwich): In what has to be considered a coup, Norwich City Chairman Mr Roots convinces THREE of his former key players at Nottingham Forest to join him at Carrow Road on Frees.

Biggest Gamble: Seydou Doumbia (CSKA Moscow to Liverpool for 22 million): Another Liverpool player features in the second largest transfer of the window, Doumbia joins for a massive 22 million fee. Of course, if he turns into a goal-scoring machine, it will all be worth it, if...

Most Unexpected Transfer: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke to Newcastle for 3.2 million): Somehow, Huntelaar had been allowed to leave Schalke for the Toons for a paltry 3.2 million. Already, he is showing his quality in the Premier League, scoring 5 goals and scooping 3 MOTM awards in just 5 games. Premier League defenders, watch out.

And that marks the end of this issue of SCHOLES TALES! See you next time!

Note: All opinions expressed are of my own and may not be aligned with the perspectives of other Chairmen.

View attachment 339007

It has been a tough month for us at Carrow road this month. Out of the 7 games we lost 4 of them with 2 wins and a rather embarrassing draw. To be fair to the team though, we had difficult games, playing Newcastle, Liverpool and Man Utd this month. They were all teams who should be comfortably in the top half although that may not be the case. We can take pride in beating Southampton and Reading who are both in the top half as it stands. However, the two results and can not find excuses for are the draw with my old club Nottingham Forest, who have now got a whole new squad but their results havent been much better and we were one of only 2 teams they have taken points off of since November. The other result being a 3-0 drubbing by Stoke who are floating around near the bottom of the table with us.

Player wise, a lot of the new players have played all 7 games since I signed them and I have been impressed with Suso, Janmaat and Sule. However, Jovetic has got himself injured and hasn't managed one game for us yet which is a shame as we need his goals, although Lambert has been impressive since we signed Stevan.

Obviously the next 2 months will shape our season as we sit 18th, 5 points away from safety. However, our run in contains Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Aston Villa all of whom currently occupy 6 of the highest positions in the league. That isn't including a fixture against Man City either! We have however got Sunderland which is a must win game as they are the team above us in the table and its safe to say, if we don't beat them I think we will be down.

I am especially embittered that we dropped precious points in the race for second by losing 1-0 at home to Hull City and drawing with Aston Villa at Villa Park 0-0. This means 5 precious points dropped, and the effects are clear, we are now 3rd in the Premier League, 4 points behind an in-form Arsenal, and have tougher fixtures remaining than our rivals this season.

Well i'd certainly say you were very lucky to come away from Villa Park with a point ;)

View attachment 682014

Probably the BEST signing in the history of MANCHESTER CITY

Juan Santiago Telstar: I am proud to announce that ROBERTO MANCINI is back in our fantastic club!!!
He was happy to join the greatest football club in the world. He agreed to join me in this press conference, aand here he is!!

View attachment 339005
Mancini: Hello everyone! I pleased to be back in this belissimo club. I like England. That was one of the reasons for my rejoining with MC. I intend to win the CL with this awesome club. Thank you! Ciao!

Reporter: But earlier you said that you weren't gonna fire Manuel. What happened?
Telstar: Yeah, you shouldn't dwell in the past. It's not good for you. Bye!

Last edited:
MARCH & APRIL THINGS

Two rather disappointing months. Ended with a couple of ok results. But it's not great. We did ok in the transfer market. But I'll talk about that later.

Leicester - 0-2

Worst result of the month. Very annoyed that we haven't even scored in this game. Let alone get a point.

Manchester United - 2-2 (Ings, Shea)

Despite United not performing as well as they perhaps should be, I'm still pleased with taking a point from them as they have a good squad.

Tottenham - 0-0

Another good point against a top team.

Newcastle - 2-5 (Ings, Westwood)

Not happy with conceding 5 goals however Newcastle do have a threatening attack. They are also playing very well so can't complain too much.

Liverpool - 1-1 (Adam)

Another decent point. Nice for Adam to score, especially against his former club.

Norwich - 3-0 (Suso o.g, Kalas, Ings)

One of the better results. Nice to score a few goals against a side close to us in the table.

Reading - 1-0 (Moses)

Moses gets his first goal for the side after arriving in January.

View attachment 339006

Form improved by Andre Villas-Boas

With a couple more months in the job, Andre Villas-Boas has improved the form of Manchester United and he has lost only 1 game in the last 2 months in all competitions. With games coming quick and fast with the team in the FA Cup and the Champions League, Villas-Boas has been successful in rotating his squad to compete in them all.

In the last 2 months 7 league games have been played. 4 wins 2 draws and 1 loss have seen Manchester United climb above rivals Newcastle United into the coveted 4th position by virtue of goal difference. Very impressive results against Man city, Sunderland, Norwich and Nottingham Forest have increased their goal difference to +25 which could prove vital at the end of the season. The only loss was away against Arsenal where a 92nd minute goal gave Arsenal a late 2-1 victory.

The club are still in the FA Cup but they have made the competition very difficult for themselves by going to a replay more than once. After successfully beating Blackpool in January 4-0 the club then drew with Fulham 1-1 before beating them in the replay 3-0. In the 5th round they were drew against fellow premier league team Sunderland and after conceding 2 late goals the first leg finished 2-2. The replay at Old Trafford finished 2-1 to the home team which set up a 6th round tie against fierce rivals Man City. In a difficult tie that saw CM Ander Herrera sent off and goalkeeper Sam Johnstone injured, Manchester United eventually came out as victors with a MOTM performance from James McCarthy.

After finishing top of group G Manchester United were drawn against Benfica in the first knockout round of the Champions league. After a tight 1-1 draw away from home the home leg was in the end easy after a Van Persie hat trick led to a 4-1 victory on the night and a 5-2 victory in the tie. The next round has seen them drawn against Real Madrid which will see former fan favourite Cristiano Ronaldo return to Old Trafford.

Transfer Dealings

This January Stoke managed to bring in 3 players. 2 of them from fellow Premier League clubs.

Our first signing was the Colombian, Juan Fernando Quintero, from Newcastle on loan. We payed £1m to take him on loan until the end of the season. A player with bags of quality who can really help us out.

Another incoming player was Ashley Westwood from Aston Villa for £1.5m.
He's a player I admire for the physical side of his game and I'm pleased to have brought him in to bulk up our midfield.

The final player was Victor Moses on a free transfer. He opted for us instead of Crystal Palace. I guess the lure was just too much, He really does want to do it on
'A Cold Wednesday Night in Stoke'

Both the Newcastle and Villa chairmen were a pleasure to do business with and I look forward to doing it again.

When I get home I've thought of a cool little thing that I could do, if you have any requests to make something similar that's related to your team then ask me, obviously you don't know what it is yet but you will see when I get home and do it :)

One of us are going to be disappointed for next season. The Europa league is just a waste of time really. It distracts from the premier league but it doesnt have the financial benefits of the Champions league.

Still better than no europe and no finance IMO. Especially for teams such as mine (Southampton) who aren't expected to get CL plus to improves rep.

Back