English Premier League Chairman Game

How do people think would be best for me to send the Chairman/Manager interviews over. All I am going to do is send you the questions and you can answer them whichever way you want. Would your email inboxs suffice or do you want PMs on here? If we are doing emails I will try and get an up to date contact list if there isnt one already.

Last edited:
View attachment 682280What a remarkable turn around from James Roots and Neil Adams at Carrow Road. The team managed to click into gear in the final two months and steered themselves clear of relegation on the last game of the season. This is how James Roots summed up his half a season at the helm.

"I am absolutely delighted to have secured this excellent club's future in the Premier League for another season. The quality we brought in on loan and permanently shone through as they gelled together for the final 7 games where we done the complete opposite to the 7 games before that. We turned 2 wins 1 draw and 5 losses into 4 wins 1 draw and 2 losses. This goes to show that 40 really is the magic number of points for staying up as we creeped in by a point. Excellent and unexpected wins over Aston Villa and Chelsea (which probably dented their teams hopes of finishing higher than they did, which I apologise for (especially the AVFC chairman whom I have a good relationship with.) However important wins over West Ham and Sunderland were what gave us the belief we could make a great escape. The all important game where we got that extra point came in the game against Everton which Otavio who plays for Everton scored for us, as well as their Merseyside rivals player Suso. I would like to thank the chairmen of the players we loaned this season as they helped us stay in the league. Hopefully i can give the club enough financial backing to secure some of these players permanently or at least some players of that quality.

Now I am a man of my word so these are the clubs we owe money to for avoiding relegation. Newcastle are owed £1.25m for Jovetic despite him not managing a game for us. We also owe Palace £1m for finishing higher than them in the league, hopefully this will help them earn an immediate return to the premier league. Unfortunately Charlie Austin didn't score enough goals for me to claim some of these fees I owe back but it is ok.

Moving onto next season, I hope we can push on and start the season the way we finished this year. I am not completely sure that Neil Adams has the quality to push this club where I want them to be, however I will give him a chance as he has managed to keep the club up and his formation suits the players in our team."
Jovetic will play next season he had played for two clubs in the same season and wasn't able to play Lewie realised that after the transfer

How do people think would be best for me to send the Chairman/Manager interviews over. All I am going to do is send you the questions and you can answer them whichever way you want. Would your email inboxs suffice or do you want PMs on here? If we are doing emails I will try and get an up to date contact list if there isnt one already.
Email, I am pretty sure it us upto date

And I didn't do it on purpose. :( I'm sorry for that.

It doesn't matter I should of researched a bit more :)

In terms of emailing, I have done about 22 questions in my drafts, some will be to every manager some will only be to certain clubs as it is about the club themselves.

I told Leeds it will be tomorrow/Saturday that send the emails out but may be able to sneak some out tonight.

It doesn't matter I should of researched a bit more :)

In terms of emailing, I have done about 22 questions in my drafts, some will be to every manager some will only be to certain clubs as it is about the club themselves.

I told Leeds it will be tomorrow/Saturday that send the emails out but may be able to sneak some out tonight.
Do some now! I will be unavailable from 7:50 till 3:50 BST tomorrow.

Do some now! I will be unavailable from 7:50 till 3:50 BST tomorrow.

I will get some of the questions sent out now but obviously I will have to word my replies different so the actual interviews may not be up tonight even if I do send u an email :)

And like all good journalists, some chairmen might find that their replies may have been twisted by the media ;)

Sent my first three emails out, going to see how they go before I get anymore see if I can get any gossip from any of them before i ask the next bunch of people.

View attachment 682307
Key performances 2014-2015 (Top 4)

This season was extremely exciting, with underdogs, overachievers, drama, and of course the fight for fourth place. Each team had there share of talented players, and here we'll go over one for each team, going from the top of the table to the bottom.

Arsenal
Leighton Baines - One of the top performers in the league this year, Baines transferred from Everton for 17 million at the beginning of the season. He absolutely dominated the left side, both in offence and defence. He made 36 League appearances, scoring 10 times (8 of which were from penalties). He was also a creative force to be reckoned with, getting 11 assists, having a pass completion rate of 82 %, and a dribbles/game ratio of 1.12. He also chipped in in the defence, with a total of 88 tackles out of an attempted 105 (83%), with an average of 3.01 tackles per 90 minutes. His immense presence was shown by his 9 Player of the Match awards.

Chelsea
Eden Hazard - A tough choice between him and crucial central defender Kurt Zouma, but Hazard's attacking prowess takes it. In 36 appearances, he managed to score 8 goals, and top the league assists chart with 19 assists. He could keep the ball practically glued to his feet, completing an average of 5.76 dribbles per game. He also drew 110 fouls for Chelsea.

Everton
Romelu Lukaku - An easy choice. The golden boot winner by a huge margin, he scored 29 goals in his 38 (that's every game!) appearances. He also contributed with 8 assists. He managed to get 62% of his shots on target, shooting a total of 120 times. He got 8 Player of the Match awards, quite a feat for a 22 year old.

Newcastle
Leandro Castan - Massive center back, was crucial in a solid Newcastle defence. He played 30 matches, with a remarkable 92% tackle completion, getting 122 out of 132 attempted tackles, with only 1 mistake leading to a goal. Disciplined too, only getting 3 yellow cards this season, and no reds. Only making 23 fouls, he was a solid, disciplined and composed defender.

Keep an eye out for positions 5-8

PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON REVIEW – 2014-2015

Teams:

Title Winners: Arsenal

Champions League: Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton

Europa League: Tottenham, Man Utd, Aston Villa, Hull

Relegated: Leicester, Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace

Overachievers: Hull

Underachievers: Liverpool

Players:

Top Scorer: Romelu Lukaku – 29

Most Assists: Eden Hazard – 19

Most expensive transfer (Non-Chairman): Doria to Dortmund – 26m

Most Expensive Transfer (Chairman): Doria to United – 38.5m

So, another successful BPL season has finished with the title off to the Emirates Stadium, home of Arsenal. In a closely fought contest, that saw Chelsea just miss out on the silverware, we also saw Everton and Newcastle claim European positions for the first time in a while. Whilst they both displayed strong performances, they were also aided by the failures of Liverpool and Manchester City, who will be looking to bounce back in a big way.

At the other end of the table, Leicester, Forest and Palace all went down. Norwich pulled off a miracle act under their new chairman, and escaped to safety right at the death of the season. Sunderland, Swansea and Stoke will be disappointed to find themselves so far down the table, and will be clamouring for changes to be made.

One of the major talking points of the season was the spat between the Liverpool and Leicester chairmen. In a row over a cancelled deal for Jerome Sinclair, things got rather heated. With the relegation of Leicester, and therefore their chairman, things look to return to their relatively tranquil ways.

Another talking point was the scandal at Forest, which saw an entire playing staff sacked. Roots, the chairman came out unscathed and moved to Norwich, where he oversaw one of the season’s success stories in seeing Norwich escape the drop.

With 3 big names, Liverpool, Spurs and City, in 8th​-10th​, questions have been raised about the validity of the big 6 moniker previously attached to them. The 2015-16 season promises to be one of the most even so far, with a real possibility that the smaller teams have finally encroached upon the bigger one’s territory. All we know is, it’ll be a cracker!

We’ll be back in early August, when we analyse the new season, and show you our predictions for the year ahead. Until then, don’t get too lost without the football!

View attachment 338881
Liverpool announce new manager!

After finishing 8th​ last season, Fish has decided that it was time for a change at Anfield. Benitez wished to return home to Spain, so this was granted, and Lampard, the Newcastle manager, was brought in in his stead.

Lampard guided Newcastle to a top 4 finish last season, and Fish has stated that he will be looking for the same at Liverpool. Having promised significant backing in the transfer market, it is likely that a revolving door would be apt at Anfield, with rumours that there have been new faces brought in already. Liverpool however, has refused to comment on that particular speculation, saying “you’ll have to wait and see.”

Fish has promised further comments in his end of June blog, in which he will look at the end of the season in a little more detail.

One thing we know, Liverpool fans look set for a much better season this time around, and there will be smiles in the Kop once more.​

View attachment 682308Meet the Chairmen: Newcastle
Written by Stephen Tyler
Welcome to the first of many blogs, meeting the Chairmen behind our favourite teams in the world. Over the coming days we will be interviewing every Premier League Chairman who will be willing to talk to us to find out what goes on behind closed doors at their clubs and the relationships they have. First Chairman in the hotseat was Newcastle Chairman Lewis Roberts.

Hi Lewis How are you today?
I'm good, thanks.

How did you feel the season went as a whole?
In the end, we got that 4th and that's all that matters. Obviously we were inconsistent so I will aim to improve that.

How do you feel about Frank Lampard leaving for Liverpool?
It's a big shame but he asked me if he could leave so I agreed. We have agreed a great compensation fee so yeah, it's a shame.

Do you think they will finish higher than you this year cause of Lampard?
They may, they may not. You can never predict a season. I mean, who thought we would get 4th and Liverpool would get only top half, exactly.

What are your plans for the next season?
I just want to get top 6. It may be a downgrade but there are 7 or 8 good teams here so it is realistic. In the Champions League, just to get to the groups is a great achievement for us.

Who do you feel are rivals to your ambitions for next season?
Uhh... maybe Liverpool, Spurs, United and Everton. You absolutely never know though.

Is there any chairmen in particular you feel you get along with?
I get along well with a few. In particular, the Liverpool (Godfish), Aston Villa (AVFCtom) and Man Utd (BCFC).

Is there one Chairman you don't like?
I don't really hate anyone. I'm the nice guy. :D

How many players do you think you will need to bring in to help you achieve your goals?
I already have 1 transfer in the works, and it's a big one. We will probably not do any more, maybe 1 or 2 but not much more.

You have been linked with Gaston Gil Romero in the press. Can you confirm or deny the rumours in this Palace player?
About Gaston Gil, he's a good player, but we are not interested in him. Things may change though.

Who will be in charge of the day to day running of the club's transfers, You or Mr Zidane?

Zidane will have freedom, but if I see a player I like, I will sign him.

Is there any last words of warning or praise you would like to give to your fellow Chairmen?
I would like to say good luck to everyone, and look out the rest of the league!

Thanks for your time Lewis, and all the best for next season
Your welcome.

Last edited:
View attachment 682308Meet the Chairmen: Newcastle
Written by Stephen Tyler
Welcome to the first of many blogs, meeting the Chairmen behind our favourite teams in the world. Over the coming days we will be interviewing every Premier League Chairman who will be willing to talk to us to find out what goes on behind closed doors at their clubs and the relationships they have. First Chairman in the hotseat was Newcastle Chairman Lewis Roberts.

Hi Lewis How are you today?
I'm good, thanks.

How did you feel the season went as a whole?
In the end, we got that 4th and that's all that matters. Obviously we were inconsistent so I will aim to improve that.

How do you feel about Frank Lampard leaving for Liverpool?
It's a big shame but he asked me if he could leave so I agreed. We have agreed a great compensation fee so yeah, it's a shame.

Do you think they will finish higher than you this year cause of Lampard?
They may, they may not. You can never predict a season. I mean, who thought we would get 4th and Liverpool would get only top half, exactly.

What are your plans for the next season?
I just want to get top 6. It may be a downgrade but there are 7 or 8 good teams here so it is realistic. In the Champions League, just to get to the groups is a great achievement for us.

Who do you feel are rivals to your ambitions for next season?
Uhh... maybe Liverpool, Spurs, United and Everton. You absolutely never know though.

Is there any chairmen in particular you feel you get along with?
I get along well with a few. In particular, the Liverpool (Godfish), Aston Villa (AVFCtom) and Man Utd (BCFC).

Is there one Chairman you don't like?
I don't really hate anyone. I'm the nice guy. :D

How many players do you think you will need to bring in to help you achieve your goals?
I already have 1 transfer in the works, and it's a big one. We will probably not do any more, maybe 1 or 2 but not much more.

You have been linked with Gaston Gil Romero in the press. Can you confirm or deny the rumours in this Palace player?
About Gaston Gil, he's a good player, but we are not interested in him. Things may change though.

Who will be in charge of the day to day running of the club's transfers, You or Mr Zidane?

Zidane will have freedom, but if I see a player I like, I will sign him.

Is there any last words of warning or praise you would like to give to your fellow Chairmen?
I would like to say good luck to everyone, and look out the rest of the league!

Thanks for your time Lewis, and all the best for next season
Your welcome.
Brilliant looking forward for when my questions come :D

Back